Insults at the Table!!

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you did the best thing by not falling into their trap of baiting into an stupid confrontation. Especially going all the way down to the N word. You would not have made any headway trying to make someone like that understand how completely wrong they were, and still are.
I have had many players abuse me in the chat. I almost always have it off, I find it is better to look at my stat page instead. I have had people follow me for weeks still berating me for a hand they didn't like how I played. Chat is too distracting not only for the reason of abuse. I would find myself talking to a friend and realize I am not paying enough attention to the situation I should be, playing poker.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I forgot to mention, in this particular case I would have contacted support. The very least is to give them their screen name and let them handle it. Just like in that live tourney where the guy used the N word. He was thrown out and lost his buy in for the tourney.

champiomf

champiomf

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello!! I think it has nothing of benefit to enable chat to play poker. It is more I have it always blocked. So I save those overwhelming comments. Too many say that these players are blocked and denounced. regards

Alexey5

Alexey5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to take a screenshot of the message and send the support team so correctly..

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There unconvicted players who offend and are hanging in the generation of other players. There should be ban

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, I imagine how other players got, but that does not give rise to say these things and more because you're a woman, there are always players who insult lose moustros hands because they think that those hands are invincible and it is not they have to take into account the variance, and also know that not always win in poker and learn to lose.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I believe that this is not acceptable when members of our community insult each other. And in my opinion, such inadequate players need to be severely punished.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I do not like the players who insult other players in chat during the game.
I also believe that such players should be punished.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont mind being called a donk, or a fish.... but sometimes some players go far so much so they would make racist remarks like calling me a yellow chinky eyed fish.... just because im asian. LOL
Some guys just dont know how to accept defeat.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do u feel guilty playing 72o? with many limpers at the table, with a giant pot, even 72o is good.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you consider donkey or fish an insult? Obviously it is an insult but it's also a standard poker categorisation so it's a bit of a funny one. Even pokerstars has fish and donkey emoticons although these are fairly subtle, 888Poker flashes them quite large on the screen and it that way these particular insults almost seem encouraged which I find strange. If players make really bad calls against me and win I try and remember in the long run it's these calls that build my stack in other tournaments

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anonymity of the online poker unfortunately allows some people to tell things that they will never tell if they were on live game. You can just ignore the chat, turn it off completely or even report somebody if he is too offensive. I personally don't care what they are typing.

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been begging to swear and I swear to them Then they make a report that I'm writing nonsense And the first thing they start

MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People who call you fish or donk after they take your chips are just sore winners.

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is not for the thin skinned.
You can, however, take advantage of them during play as they go on-tilt.
This is a contest with a goal of winning. People get upset. Lengthen your view and unemotionally play the situation you are in. Leave your personal hurt outside.

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep chat turned off usually.

But every now and again its good to turn it on and watch someone you sucked out on getting salty.

It doesn't bother me what they say in chat on the internet.

The best thing to do is either ignore it or needle them to make them TILT harder. When someone is on tilt that bad they will spew chips/money to you.

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with many of the posts that say that you can take advantage of these pathetic, insecure, ignorant jerks...I don't care if you make fun of a bad play...using obscenities and racial slurs should not be tolerated. If these players go unreported, they will see that as socially acceptable behavior. For Cardschat to take action, you must have a screenshot of the chat...some poker sites will review the chat if you have the offenders name and the tournament or cash table number. Poker is meant to be enjoyed, not ruined by a few jerks.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustrating

Poker must be the most frustrating game ever. You get a playable hand, but the flop, turn, and river doesn't improve it (assuming you get that fsr). You get dealt rubbish and muck and the flop gave you what was the winning hand.
Why dowe play?

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Curious to know the what insults come your way whilst play.

Playing a full table a couple weeks ago I made a 72os call. Everyone called and the player on the Button raised. No one folds. Flop comes 7-7-Q. All hell breaks loose. Not feeling so wonderful about my hand anymore. And then the turn produces an A. At this point I am blaming myself for calling in the first place. River spits out 7. " Yeah baby who is the man?" ( even tho I am a woman).Celebration that lasted 2 secs was followed by guilt. AA and QQ got smoked. Took a sip of my merlot and got ready .

- I Hope you die B***H
- Donk
- Fish
- Cancer is too good for you.
- The N word ( My avatar is of a beautiful buxom black woman) - Not the first time I've seen the N used.

Immediately all feeling of guilt was erased . Think I threw some kisses to them and left the table.Guilt returned later that evening, I said nothing when they used that word. Would it have mattered if I said something? Probably not. But you know what? Next time I will!

Share your story-
Hello. I'm sorry to hear this. Yeah, people say horrible things online. I know that it happens all the time, and not just online .... But people take it much farther when they aren't accountable for their actions. I would say to just treat people how you would want to be treated .... And it will all work out. Take care - Dustin P. :cool:

VMVarga

VMVarga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with many of the posts that say that you can take advantage of these pathetic, insecure, ignorant jerks...I don't care if you make fun of a bad play...using obscenities and racial slurs should not be tolerated. If these players go unreported, they will see that as socially acceptable behavior. For Cardschat to take action, you must have a screenshot of the chat...some poker sites will review the chat if you have the offenders name and the tournament or cash table number. Poker is meant to be enjoyed, not ruined by a few jerks.

I agree. Rude comments are one thing, but allusions of violence and direct racism should not be tolerated. Free speech should be protected, but we all know that there are limits on free speech. You cannot incite a riot or other violent acts. You may be able to say awful racist things to people, but just because it is not illegal doesn't mean that it should be tolerated or accepted.

IlyaSavinov

IlyaSavinov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you start to insult in the chat, I immediately close or do not read this nonsense, which can affect the game

sidenotch

sidenotch

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Guilty as Charged

Curious to know the what insults come your way whilst play.

Playing a full table a couple weeks ago I made a 72os call. Everyone called and the player on the Button raised. No one folds. Flop comes 7-7-Q. All hell breaks loose. Not feeling so wonderful about my hand anymore. And then the turn produces an A. At this point I am blaming myself for calling in the first place. River spits out 7. " Yeah baby who is the man?" ( even tho I am a woman).Celebration that lasted 2 secs was followed by guilt. AA and QQ got smoked. Took a sip of my merlot and got ready .

- I Hope you die B***H
- Donk
- Fish
- Cancer is too good for you.
- The N word ( My avatar is of a beautiful buxom black woman) - Not the first time I've seen the N used.

Immediately all feeling of guilt was erased . Think I threw some kisses to them and left the table.Guilt returned later that evening, I said nothing when they used that word. Would it have mattered if I said something? Probably not. But you know what? Next time I will!

Share your story-

I think all of that stuff is going a "bit too far' as far as "insults" go :) YIKES!! One major thing people should NEVER bring up is someone's Mom :) Those are fightin' words :) Name calling is pretty much a given in here. I mostly attack the site for crappy deal outs and unfair, lopsided deal outs to the same player...But, I am guilty of insults also...my bad.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wow. Those idiots went too far. Still. They're idiots. Ignore them. They played a terrible pre-flop game to go near full table to the flop with those holdings. The play aside, there's no place for comments like that.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If in a tournament game I am insulted with bad words, I immediately turn off the player’s chat so as not to see everything he writes when I play a cash game and some player writes bad words and insults to me, then I just go to another table where there are no such bad players !