IN YOUR OPINION Who is the Greatest Poker Player of All Time?

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu and the nervous Phil Hellmuth are the best

nitulbhatia

nitulbhatia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has to be Gus hansen. Can anybody lose more money than gus online? I doubt it. Go Gus!!!!

ResAtDorsia

ResAtDorsia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It has to be Gus hansen. Can anybody lose more money than gus online? I doubt it. Go Gus!!!!

20 million dollars! That´s quite impressive. Nobody will ever come close to him lol.

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I love Gus. He seems like such an awesome guy. Like, I would love to hang out with him and have a beer. Hi online losses are unbelievable. Still a fantastic player.

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know all that much about poker yet but I do like me some Daniel Negreanu. He is like the mascot of poker in my opinion. He seems to be great at the game AND seems to be a great guy to hang out with. I wish he was my uncle.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
playing style

For me, I say Stu Ungar. The only person to win 3 Main Event bracelets, and has 5 total bracelets. Yes, technically Johnny Moss has 3 as well, but the first one in 1970 was a vote. He didn't actually have to play to win. Which is why Ungar is the only one to win 3. And he's only 1 of 3, along with Doyle and Johnny Chan, to win back-to-back Main Events.

Who, in your opinion, do you think is the greatest of all time?
cash game Esfandiary and Durrr
Negreanu is very good but for my eyes... ;)
Tour: hi is better i mean ;)
:angel:

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel certainly seems to be the number one pick this this tread so far.

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu has to be because it is from Romania like me and I 'll try to be better than him, in my dreams of course :) :) :)

Well I believe he is actually Canadian born to Romanian parents, but, He is my favourite player too

How do you quantify greatest player ? Poker has changed a lot in a short period of time... I suppose bracelets are a good pointer ! A bit like Superbowl rings I suppose, He who has the most...

T

Tosh_67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Daniel Negreanu has to be because it is from Romania like me and I 'll try to be better than him, in my dreams of course :) :) :)

Well I believe he is actually Canadian born to Romanian parents, but, He is my favourite player too :smile:

How do you quantify greatest player ? Poker has changed a lot in a short period of time... I suppose bracelets are a good pointer ! A bit like Superbowl rings I suppose, He who has the most...

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I believe he is actually Canadian born to Romanian parents, but, He is my favourite player too :smile:

Yeah, he is Canadian/Romanian, and he is also one my my favorite players. And I'm not saying that he's a bad choice or pick or anything. He absolutely deserves to be in contention. I was just a little surprise at how many people so far have picked him as the greatest player ever.

leandrette

leandrette

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel Negreanu and Phil Ivey , different but really good , It is my opinion, but remember that I am not very good :) jaja

J

JohnBoe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitly Daniel Negreanu!
I love his table talk and how he manages to speak about his cards that no of his opponents know if he bluffs or not :deal: .
Just awesome to watch him playing.

N

newcomps

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best poker player could be Barry Greenstein because he donates his net winnings to charity.

Actually "Guy Laliberté" the guy (no pun intended) who owns Cirque De Solei goes one better as hes a billionaire..If he wins he donates all his winnings and if he loses he donates the same amount again. I read somewhere that he earns something like $2m PER DAY on his investments so can afford it. Bizarely though, despite not needing to care whether he wins or loses he still seems to play very seriously. I know that doesn't make him the best player ever so a bit off topic but just responding to your comments about Barry specifically

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Balloney

I dnt buy any I will start a new thread explaining history

MrPink514

MrPink514

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually "Guy Laliberté" the guy (no pun intended) who owns Cirque De Solei goes one better as hes a billionaire..If he wins he donates all his winnings and if he loses he donates the same amount again. I read somewhere that he earns something like $2m PER DAY on his investments so can afford it. Bizarely though, despite not needing to care whether he wins or loses he still seems to play very seriously. I know that doesn't make him the best player ever so a bit off topic but just responding to your comments about Barry specifically

Guy is an amazing guy(lol) We're from the same city. He's extremely charitable and just an overall great guy. He's also a pretty solid poker player. I remember watching him on High Stakes Poker all the time with a million dollar stack in front of him.

EXTREMUM

EXTREMUM

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Hellmuth. Considering here long term success and ability to still get tournament success even fourth decade in a row. 14 WSOP Bracelets and more still to come.

He's a great tourney player, and a shit cash player.

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pokerstar

I think about that and my opinion is that Negreanu.
But the best is the one that the total score is the highest earned

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can not identify someone as one of the strongest poker players,but I can say that the game Negreanu, Ivey, O'Dwyer and Moneymaker cause me great interest.This is undoubtedly good players and their performances are always pleasant and fun to watch:)

ResAtDorsia

ResAtDorsia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He's a great tourney player, and a shit cash player.

Agreed. At least on tv cash games. He makes stupid calls just to show he is the boss and gets destroyed. He also makes horrible folds like an overpair after getting three barreled.

JonnyW87

JonnyW87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't believe no one has mentioned Viktor Blom. Although he goes through the craziest multi million dollar swings and plays way to long sessions and tilts bad from time to time but every game he has learned he has learned through intuition and playing the best in the world.

He now struggles to get action at the nosebleeds and has been playing them since around 2007 or so. Yes he is a bad degen and does not know when to stop when having a bad session but imo he is one of the current best all around cash game players in the world.

I think he is the only player who plays nosebleeds who will not deny anyone action.