I'm going to try and build a bankroll from freerolls.

R

RydersRain

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I too am hoping to do this. Probably take me longer to get there, but I wish you success.

I also appreciate the comments made on this blog about how to go about it. :)

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried doing this but it really takes a long time to make a bankroll big enough to advance upward. You will spend most of your time below the $100.00 level because of the variance at the low limits and freeroll. Why not make a regular monthly deposit of $50.00 and watch how much faster it will build up.

H

herlis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
goodluck you'll need it and a lot more patience too.

RISKY 101

RISKY 101

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gl i know this is very hard because i tried the same ..i must say practice br management or u wil NEVER get there...

the_urge27

the_urge27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just dont let up-i believe this is the hardest way to build any kind of bankroll but the most satisfying-good luck my friend

keaton

keaton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not deposited on any poker site since netteller closed to US players. I have started bankrolls on a few sites playing freerolls. I have had the most success on bodog. They also, let you exchange cash for points, and you earn 1 point per hour of play. 100 points = dollar.

BirdMan7

BirdMan7

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made this thread because I my goal is to get a bankroll of $20,000 starting from $0 and not depositing at any poker rooms. The poker room that I am going to try and build my bankroll from is full tilt poker. I will update this thread very often with my daily progress.
thats cool man ..good idea ..i done that too i made a little bit over $100 playing freerolls ..its fun and plus its more of a challenge .good luck .

R

rookiecard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm trying to do the same thing althought not 20k...hopefully can build it up around 5-8k i think my goal is to be playing 2-3 tables of 2/4 within the year....CANT WAIT TO GET STARTED!

L

luckforsome

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
...i think everyone has this intention at some stage...must say , 20000 is a big big big target...i generally get to 30 dolars or so then get bored or pushy pr greedy or some sort then go way overboadrwith the tourneys i play :)...

A

abk514

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
gl, im trying to get some money in my account on poker stars through freerolls...no success so far :( anyone want to give me $1 on poker stars, my name is AKitts

R

rolling chances

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of the lesser experienced cash game players on FT such as myself had/has the issue with taking shots when running bad even.

I would start a session and go broke at 10/25C level and find myself with almost my entire bankroll on a 50/$1 table.. eventually this chasing bad play/bad luck quick fix had me scrounging around at freerolls playing for a $2 starter where i hope for another FT promo like the "biggest bonus ever" and the "take 2" promotion which allowed me to gain the experience to improve my bankroll management strategy on a long term basis.

"the climb is a slow and argous one but worthwile when you get to the top, but the drop is like the cliff face of a mountain" - Extreme sports proverb application to Poker Bankroll management strategy

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hmmm,,,

I see that the guy who started this thread is now banned.It looks like we wont be hearing from him anymore....perhaps lock this thread and start a new thread about building from freerolls?

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Freeroll Passwords