I'm going to try and build a bankroll from freerolls.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be done and I am on the way albeit slowly. I have built up about $400, mainly on FT and PS, from freerolls. Goos luck in achieving your goal.

J

JuxJosh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm also trying to do that

its not an easy road, and waiting on freerolls is kinda boring, but if you really really think you're good enough to do it, then more power to you. I just hope if we meet in a showdown on Full Tilt that my luck is better than yours ;D

other than that good luck!

A

Arcaracing26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone found an easy way to deal with all the people that just go all in the first few hands, or the people that push huge... Ive done very well in freerolls, but i dont often finish the deal....any words of advice?

L

LarryT503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck! I too am trying to build a bankroll from scratch. Stay patient, my weakness so far, but I hope to manage my bankroll wiser should I get over the $50 mark again. (I know, $50 is pathetic, but that is my current goal- to have $50 at three sites.) I currrently have $50 at only one site.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck to you my only advice is to stay away from the low limit cash games everyone will play there hands I think AA gets cracked 90% of the time from some donkey play 2 7 off....its awful! Stick with the sngs and be patient!

Ignore this.
Once you've acquired some freeroll winnings play whatever game your best at least 20buyins of said stake for cash games or 100 for tournaments.
If you don't have 20buyins for even $2NL just disobey Bankroll management this once and only once but do not repeat this.
You can get away with less than 20Buyins at utterly low stakes as your not going to have quite as much variance when your winrate is 20BB/100

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yupp i'm in the same boat as you buddy. And not only freerolls but i'm practicing with play chips at full tilt. Practicing building a bankroll from scratch and keeping disciplined not buying in to ring games for over 5% of my bankroll and such. Oh and my goal is to make over 500,000 chips so that I can enter the 40 dollar freeroll.

i've played this freeroll. it usually has around 60 players. and top 18 cash. the pay out is very very flat. meaning you should be playing to cash and not to win. people say thats how to play a sit and go. but this is even more true here. 90% of the $40 is locked up when ITM. that means that 18 people are now trying to win an extra $4($3 more for 1st and $1 more for 2nd). this means when you got enough to cash just fold to the money. then shoot for the win. but this is a great way to build a BR from nothing. i was able to get $23 from this tourney alone. it does cost 500k in playchips that you dont get back win or lose. so i would recommend playing in this unless you had over 5m playchips in your roll. that way win or lose you got enough to replish the 500k you lost.

U

unchosen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the lack of updates. But my bankroll on full tilt is now up to $75. I know my progress has been slow, but hopefully my luck will increase at the tables soon.

AtiFCOD

AtiFCOD

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I won some money from freerolls and its much easier to play with "other's money". ;) Im sure this affects the playing style.

peacebrother

peacebrother

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
save your self a year and deposit 50

suit2please

suit2please

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't listen to peacebrother. I made it up to $190 so far on Players Only starting with just 1 freeroll cash of a couple dollars, and it didnt take more than a few weeks to hit $50.

Just started trying to build my BR back up on Full Tilt. Had made it up to $20 back when I first started playing online poker, but lost it all just having fun playing poker after a nights of drinking. Built it back up a couple times, but did the same thing again. Had $1 in my BR on full tilt 2 days ago, now its up to $2. woohoo.

Its definitely possible, my friend went from $0 to $350 not that long ago. Then he went on major down swing and cashed out before he went below $200. Then he built his $10 back up to $200+ and cashed for another $140.

But watch out for tilt, which is where he lost big chunks of his BR. And also walk away from the games when you don't feel like playing or if you don't think you are going to do well. Time off from the game is never bad.

Good luck.

lennytoon

lennytoon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lennytoon

I am going to try it out myself good strategy,
Small money player sick of just blowing daft £10 awy going to start and try and stick to freerolls.
Probably make me play a bit tighter than usuall with that stategy in mind, cheers

H

herlis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
i guess everyone had that thought from the start to win with nothing , i myself tried to do it but i only ended up making deposits and losing. winning from a freeroll game really makes you think you can do it but it really can be done but i failed to do it. GoodLuck to you!

A

AceoftheValley

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your deadline? Chris Ferg went from $0 - $100 in 9 months and then from $100 - $10,000 in another 9 months.

Good Luck, well not really luck, work hard let me know when you get there.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It can be done but not easily. Setting targets in life is important but it is also important that te targets you set are reachable. Not reaching a target is demorilising. I hope you do it and I wish you well but it is a tough one.

lektrikguy

lektrikguy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It took Chris Fergusen 16 months to reach 10k. 20k might be out of reach, but good luck.

L

lov_my_wife

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just wanted to wish you good luck on your quest. Bankroll management will be key for you. Glad to see you have set a bankroll goal and a site to play on. wish you the best of luck and hope you sucseed.

J

Justin749

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won a 10,000 dollar freeroll on absolute poker for a 2500 hundred dollar 1st prize. nice Br starter

Kuberr

Kuberr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, I never knew about the 500K freeroll on FullTilt. I'm going to try and build up my play money and see if I can give it a try. Thanks, and good luck to everyone who's also trying to work their way up.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry for the lack of updates. But my bankroll on full tilt is now up to $75. I know my progress has been slow, but hopefully my luck will increase at the tables soon.

Nice job so far, keep it up & you'll be there b4 you know it...

NewLucker

NewLucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unchosen...good idea.I will follow developments! And who knows anything at all when he appears?
21-3.gif

C

ChrisJJJJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Youve got to play on alot more sites than one if you are goin to freeroll into that kind of money.Ive made $600 in 3 months just of freerolls, mostly private ones but it is scattered over 10 sites. Full Tilt is the hardest site to get freeroll money even the private ones have 900 people in them and the prizepool is to spread out You finish in the money and get 15 cents. Play on smaller sites with smaller feilds (Pitbull, Reefer,Carbon). I play in alot of games there with only 30-100 players and $50-$200 prize pools its easy to cash if you can play. You can make as much as in a Micro buy in game with no investment. Just my thoughts.

S

SsabroS

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish you great success in your endeavour!

NewLucker

NewLucker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Youve got to play on alot more sites than one if you are goin to freeroll into that kind of money.Ive made $600 in 3 months just of freerolls, mostly private ones but it is scattered over 10 sites. Full Tilt is the hardest site to get freeroll money even the private ones have 900 people in them and the prizepool is to spread out You finish in the money and get 15 cents. Play on smaller sites with smaller feilds (Pitbull, Reefer,Carbon). I play in alot of games there with only 30-100 players and $50-$200 prize pools its easy to cash if you can play. You can make as much as in a Micro buy in game with no investment. Just my thoughts.

600$ in 3month -very good!:) And where that tourne with 30-100 players?

kybcat

kybcat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck i have not had any luck in doing. It did not help that my son logged on 1 time and thought it was play money. But that part of life learn from your mistakes

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management Freeroll Passwords