Chips
I'm still trying to get any of it off line.........:(

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well with 250k I could pay all my bills off put 100k in savings to draw interest and have a decent bankroll.

L

lilturkgirl86

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would deffenately want to keep working, but i believe i would startup my own small business and build it up.. investing my $ wisely, and of course play a lil poker on the side lol

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is aprox £155000 in my currency.
at the moment i would quit my job because i hate my job and move up to be nearer my girlfriend. i would invest £100000 in property to either live in or rent out then id spend about £10000 on a car. 45k left. then id spend 2k on computer equipment. 3k across various sites for playing poker with. 40k to live of until i can find a new job.

Will get you a terrible house in a shitty area btw.

M

MIShroomer47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt stop working that's for sure. I would however focus a majority of my time on earning playing poker... 250,000 would be a nice cushion on bills and what not. I'd definitely do some investing as well... gold, and silver, as well as other things. But i would totally work on playing poker for earnings... If it worked out for more than a year then i'd consider not working at all and focusing on poker as a primary source of income.

J

jrctherake

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone that can not afford to play a main event before winning 250k can not afford to do so after winning 250k.

Why?............lol.........anyone that has to ask why would be the very person/people that will end up old and busted.

Now if you won a mil or something close that would be little different. In that case you could take 25% of it and live your dream and if it didnt work out you still got a somewhat good chunk to add to retirement............any other way is just plain reckless.

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$250K? Not enough to quit my six-figure job for sure.

I would bank half in dividend paying investments, then take what's left after taxes and plan a nice wsop week in Vegas - and yes, include the ME. Antonio E. once said that if you play any WSOP event, the ME is the most +EV exactly because of all the dreamers being easy money.

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did win a $50K tournament in Vegas a few years ago, and the best I could do was call in sick to work for a week, while partying every night the whole week long with a couple friends who lived in town. Good Times!!! In retrospect I was lucky they didn't fire me...

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
id by 12,500 perfect pancake pans.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$250K? Not enough to quit my six-figure job for sure.

I would bank half in dividend paying investments, then take what's left after taxes and plan a nice WSOP week in Vegas - and yes, include the ME. Antonio E. once said that if you play any WSOP event, the ME is the most +EV exactly because of all the dreamers being easy money.

if you count the .00 at the right of my bottom line, i have a 7 figure job..................

nc_royals

nc_royals

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd spend the next 10 years trying to get it off line!:eek:

Classic, lol

I'd pay off my house, bills and put a dent in my daughters college fund. $250K is way too little in my opinion to change your life such as quitting work, quitting college or going pro. I'd go on a great vacation with family and my poker would continue at the smaller levels Im comfortable with.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah... but it's in KCZ... lol. Happy New Year FD!:cool:

even google didnt help me.......:confused:

But Happy New Year back at ya!!!

BTW, I found and old acoustic guitar in a junk pile waiting to be picked up. It looked interesting, so I picked it up. 1924, hand built. I dont think it can be restored to playability - and dont know if it would be worth it anyway - but its on my wall.

I count this as a big win, so not too much of a derail...IMO............

Attachments

• gtr1.jpg
    gtr1.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 69
  • gtr2.gif
    gtr2.gif
    148 KB · Views: 69
C

Chips4Buds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

But Happy New Year back at ya!!!

BTW, I found and old acoustic guitar in a junk pile waiting to be picked up. It looked interesting, so I picked it up. 1924, hand built. I dont think it can be restored to playability - and dont know if it would be worth it anyway - but its on my wall.

I count this as a big win, so not too much of a derail...IMO............

Wow! nice guitar. Too bad it wasn't playable. I am a classical guitarist myself, you never know might of been one of Andre Segovia's practice guitars lol. Happy New Years everyone :D

arahel_jazz

arahel_jazz

Unbalanced and Committed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I had it backwards - CZK... Czech Republic Kouruna... currently trading at 1 to $0.05 USD.

I've got a great Luthier that could easily make that playable.
<end derail>

But then again, if I won big, I would have to buy a bigger house for all of the instruments I would buy! I played one of these on Friday night... what a trip.

Attachments

• hamer 12 string bassDSCN9741.jpg
    hamer 12 string bassDSCN9741.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 63
kissapig

kissapig

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would pay off my house and credit cards, then go on a circuit playing low buy in tourneys.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I won big, I would set up my wife for life if possible, and, then go back to playing poker.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hookers and blow

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well the perfect pancake pan is going to be the new snuggy

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
or some chipotle away

LeanAndMean

LeanAndMean

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Winning big would not change my poker habits. I would just use it to send my grandkids to college

woohoomadness

woohoomadness

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I would won $250 000, I would probably withdrawn 90% of the winnings and invested in some offline business like restaurant or a sports bar.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Buy hydroponic farm and grow pot. Become a drug lord.