If you won big, what would you do?

smokeme

smokeme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wit 250k id keep playin to win another 250k while eating stuff from the dollar menu :)

domeburglar

domeburglar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow! why are the house so cheap over there?? How often are storms? What site did you go to too see houses for sale? Over here in Hawaii like cheapest is 350k

Lol hawaii is one of the most beautiful places on earth (from what ive seen on tv and stuff lol) and las vegas is a desert.. i dont think youd have to worry as much about storms there as much as droughts.. but still that is pretty cheap im in NJ and its so damn exspensive here too..

was thinkin about moving south but with this online gambling bill soo close to passing in NJ idk if i can leave haha

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might be one of the rare people here who would quit their jobs...

Id put 70k away for taxes, pay off ~10k in debt and immediately buy a condo in Vegas cash or at sub 4.7% interest with 3 bedrooms.

Id take the master and rent out the other two rooms to reliable people...I know people in Vegas so it wouldnt be that hard. Basically at that point id be living rent free....

Id put 10k towards a used Japanese car that I could use day to day for the next 7 yrs without worrying about anything major maintenance wise, and maybe treat myself to 5k of electronics bc I desperately need some upgrades.

Take another 10k-15k to furnish the place and you have ~140k left to start playing 2/5 and smaller buyin donkaments with. Id probably negotiate some training and try to build a house of poker players, etc....

The thing is ive played thousands of hands of 2/5 live, so im not fantasizing about game conditions or earn rates, and while I wouldnt want to live as a 2/5 grinder, with the huge roll I could supplement a yr or two's play/learning and networking while keeping a chunk to pay for repositioning myself if I didnt like how the games were. Id probably also rent out a place in LA because the games there are just a lot more lucrative tbh

Vegas is just sooo cheap right now....a single guy can live comfortably on like 40-50k/yr...as long as you dont gamble pits, etc.

Now, if I had an 80/k+ yr job w/benefits/retirement or something...completely different set of decisions.

Last edited:
domeburglar

domeburglar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Id put 70k away for taxes, pay off ~10k in debt and immediately buy a condo in Vegas cash or at sub 4.7% interest with 3 bedrooms.

Id take the master and rent out the other two rooms to reliable people...I know people in Vegas so it wouldnt be that hard. Basically at that point id be living rent free....

Id put 10k towards a used Japanese car that I could use day to day for the next 7 yrs without worrying about anything major maintenance wise, and maybe treat myself to 5k of electronics bc I desperately need some upgrades.

Take another 10k-15k to furnish the place and you have ~140k left to start playing 2/5 and smaller buyin donkaments with. Id probably negotiate some training and try to build a house of poker players, etc....

The thing is ive played thousands of hands of 2/5 live, so im not fantasizing about game conditions or earn rates, and while I wouldnt want to live as a 2/5 grinder, with the huge roll I could supplement a yr or two's play/learning and networking while keeping a chunk to pay for repositioning myself if I didnt like how the games were. Id probably also rent out a place in LA because the games there are just a lot more lucrative tbh

Vegas is just sooo cheap right now....a single guy can live comfortably on like 40-50k/yr...as long as you dont gamble pits, etc.

Now, if I had an 80/k+ yr job w/benefits/retirement or something...completely different set of decisions.

sounds like a solid game plan to me!

D

detourglr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
myself $250,000 isnt enough togo pro. I would still keep my job but I would pay off some loans and that... Keep a small percentage of it to play poker on.

S

sagiPOTM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I kinda agree with pfb8888, to much stress in poker...so mby i would quit poker for 1 year and enjoin with that cash ^^ and first thing i would buy is yamaha r6 ahahahha :D And after a year i think i should start playing again, but relaxed...

starsmyle

starsmyle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Money gets spent so quickly but buying land / real estate is one of the best investments so would buy some up. Quit poker? Not but agree doing some high rolling would be a rush.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would buy a supermodel!!! Would take 50K and but some low stocks.

dirtyoldog

dirtyoldog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldnt quit im self employed Ide pay down my house and relax a bit but still keep busy workin but skip off to foxwoods alot more often.get a room and relax a whole lot more

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
is aprox £155000 in my currency.
at the moment i would quit my job because i hate my job and move up to be nearer my girlfriend. i would invest £100000 in property to either live in or rent out then id spend about £10000 on a car. 45k left. then id spend 2k on computer equipment. 3k across various sites for playing poker with. 40k to live of until i can find a new job.

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
note if i got a job i would put the 40000 aside to pay for a wedding ring proposal (yes i already have this planned and it will cost a few thousand) and the wedding.

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I won 200 million I would buy a Rhino always have wanted one.

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think many players here have the bank roll to justify playing high enough stakes to get a win like this. most players here would play these sort of tournies rarely maybe as a one off in a years period.

Seraphim

Seraphim

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I always thought it would be cool to get in on a poker house with good players you would improve so fast imo

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1. A car

2. Move to Vegas and buy a condo for 50/60 grand

3. Gamble the rest away.

condo.jpg

-

Since I like Munich I'd stay here.

250K $ = 189K €

Sadly Houses aren't as cheap here as in Vegas.

So I guess I'll have to keep on working.

For that you'd get this in Munich : 25.5 m2 1-room-apartment (~179K €)

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 107
fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whores and blow......

or vice versa

i would tell my boss to fuk himself.

i am self employed.

J

JamesTy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy a few houses in vegas rentem out to section 8, then live like a bawler in Thailand off rental income.

PLAYINBIG

PLAYINBIG

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't quit work.I would Pay my home off and debt then I would make more time to play more live tables and enter the wsop main event .If I could profit enough from that then turning pro would be great.

Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would put $200,000 towards investments.

The rest would go towards my landscaping business.

P

postflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$250k is only enough to pay for a downpayment on a condo here in Singapore. Average condo costs SGD1mill here... works out to about USD800k+.

It wont be a lifechanging amount for me... maybe pay off my university loans, put $50k in the bank and $50k in a unit trust. The remaining $100k probably ship to Macau and grind it out for a year, see what happens.