If you won a million dollars, would you quit poker?

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, poker is fun to be with friends and be able to win some money.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Definitely not. It just means that more games would be open for me to play.

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you win a million dollars from poker, would you think about quitting poker and moving on to another job?
If you win a million dollars in poker, will you consider leaving poker and switching to another job? This question can be viewed from different perspectives.

On one hand, success in poker may indicate that you have a unique talent and skills for the game. Winning a million-dollar prize may confirm your proficiency and ability to achieve financial success in this field. In this case, you may want to continue playing poker, using your talent to achieve even greater financial success.

On the other hand, winning a million-dollar prize may open up new opportunities and prospects for you. You may consider other career paths that interest you or in which you already have experience. For example, you could invest your winnings in starting your own business, furthering your education, or transitioning to work in another field that you enjoy.

Considering all these aspects, the decision to leave poker or continue playing may depend on your personal situation, goals, and values. It's important to weigh all the options and choose the one that best aligns with your needs and dreams.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Wow! Hey thanks a lot man. I had no idea I had such a great impact on you.
Yeah dude, you inspire me to study harder and do better. Maybe instead of the billboard sign I might do a GoFundMe to move you from that trailer into a proper nursing home.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yeah dude, you inspire me to study harder and do better. Maybe instead of the billboard sign I might do a GoFundMe to move you from that trailer into a proper nursing home.
Is this your attempt at insulting me? I actually live in a beautiful spot - a mobile on 2 acres, a few km outside of town. I wouldn't choose anywhere else to live.
I'm 60 and have battled terminal illness for awhile. But previously I've competed in many sports - competitive swimming, ski-racing, power lifting & bodybuilding. I owned a personal fitness training business out of my own facility in the city, training many people in the movie industry (& other trainers).
I'm far from needing any medical assistance although my partner is wheel chair bound.

So I'm not sure what the regular jabs about a nursing home are about (is this something about my age?)... or about my living arrangement? I am grateful I am not homeless and can't believe how fortunate I am to live where I do.

Have you asked yourself why you feel the need to comment like that?

Why don't you share a bit about yourself Puzzles. What's your amazing living arrangement and physical prowess, young virile age... like that stuff even matters, lol.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is this your attempt at insulting me? I actually live in a beautiful spot - a mobile on 2 acres, a few km outside of town. I wouldn't choose anywhere else to live.
I'm 60 and have battled terminal illness for awhile. But previously I've competed in many sports - competitive swimming, ski-racing, power lifting & bodybuilding. I owned a personal fitness training business out of my own facility in the city, training many people in the movie industry (& other trainers).
I'm far from needing any medical assistance although my partner is wheel chair bound.

So I'm not sure what the regular jabs about a nursing home are about (is this something about my age?)... or about my living arrangement? I am grateful I am not homeless and can't believe how fortunate I am to live where I do.

Have you asked yourself why you feel the need to comment like that?

Why don't you share a bit about yourself Puzzles. What's your amazing living arrangement and physical prowess, young virile age... like that stuff even matters, lol.
Actually this was the first nursing home jab that seems to have connected.

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
If I scored a million bucks, would I call it quits on poker?
Well, it'd definitely make me reassess things. Maybe I'd see it as a sign to take a breather from the tables, or perhaps I'd keep playing just for the love of the game without stressing about the cash. Guess it depends on how I'm feeling at the time and what other opportunities the money might open up.

O

oskarsbaumanis2

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
If you win a million dollars from poker, would you think about quitting poker and moving on to another job?
why i need to quit poker if i won 1M ,i wil continue play for fun etc

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If I had been so lucky, I don't think I would have given up playing poker. ) On the contrary, I would get more time to play.