If you won a million dollars, would you quit poker?

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't stop playing, I would invest in more knowledge about poker and seek advice from a poker professional like my mentor.

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
Why would I quit poker? I'm not in it for the money I'm here to be one of the best. Chances are I'll never quit poker even if I win a million, all the. Ore reason to keep playing. Good luck my friend 🍀

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes. I would be to busy traveling and enjoying life, then being stuck to a computer or tablet.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi
I definitely wouldn't quit playing, especially if I won this money in poker. If I won once, then I have a very real chance to repeat this result and maybe even break my own record :)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't think I'd quit any hobby I enjoy, I'd just be playing on the beach instead of in the freezing cold...

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would quit my job and pursue poker as a living

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play poker because I enjoy and as I am retired I can play more but I do not play big stakes
and I dont play poker to win money, although it is nice, so even if I won 10 million dollars
I would never stop playing poker, though I might play it on a beach in Bermuda instead of cold and wet Liverpool in the UK.

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I wouldn't quit poker))) having won a million, I would definitely immediately close all the needs, invest some money, leave some, and leave 10 thousand on the bankroll to continue playing)))

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
More incentive to keep going and make another million. Why quit why stop if you are up. Grab it stack it. Good luck my friend.

Hospedar

Hospedar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If I was able to get 1 million dollars, I would never quit this game.

Actually, I would play more than I play now, specially at the live tournaments worldwide. 😅

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No amount of money is going to change my love for playing poker. It may just help me play evermore:).

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to win, and then decide what to do)

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I certainly wouldn't stop playing poker.
I just won 1 million in poker, why stop? Where is the logic here? :)
But if I didn't win in poker but in the lottery, then no, because I enjoy the game.

nguyenhanh

nguyenhanh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Maybe I also gave up to move on to another job

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Deciding whether to quit poker after winning $1 million depends on personal goals and circumstances. This windfall could be life-changing, offering financial security and new opportunities. If poker is a passion, consider playing without the pressure of financial dependency. This freedom allows for a more relaxed, enjoyable experience. If it's a career, assess if the satisfaction and challenge it provides still hold value beyond the monetary gain. For some, reaching such a milestone is a cue to explore other ventures or passions. It's essential to evaluate your relationship with the game: Is it a source of joy or merely a means to an end? Your answer will guide your decision.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
definitely not quitting ......I'd get to go to Las Vegas more often .

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I won a million dollars, I would take out a billboard ad in @Poker Orifice 's town telling him he is bad at pokerz

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I may do other things no doubt. But might play just for interest. Maybe even play big live tournaments as the cost of the buy ins would not matter. Would be a nice experience to go deep in a live tournament if that were possible.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I won a million dollars, I would take out a billboard ad in @Poker Orifice 's town telling him he is bad at pokerz

Wow! Hey thanks a lot man. I had no idea I had such a great impact on you.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I believe, without a doubt, that I would significantly increase my investment in poker; devoting more time, money, and effort to studying the game, among other things.
I wouldn't consider quitting unless I perceived it as mere "luck" or if the prize didn't accurately reflect my skill. But personally, I find it highly doubtful, if not impossible, to reach such a winning figure solely through luck or chance.
And, in the scenario where the money comes from a source unrelated to poker, I wouldn't cease playing but would adopt a more relaxed approach.

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know what i do then. Its possible i quit, for sure that's wouldn't be my last tournament

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Na mate , i will never leave poker for good no matter how much i made. cos i love the game , its a dif story that i wont grind big n still play it whenever i have time .