If you won a million dollars, would you quit poker?

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No. I am addicted in a positive way and until I haven´t learned everything I just can´t stop looking for more to learn.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If I won a milly I don't think I would give up playing as I enjoy it but I could start to play higher stakes more comfortably up to where I was a winner.

I would probably take some of this out of my bankroll and invest in other places also.

Just because I had the money to play higher stakes doesn't mean I would play the highest stakes possible either as I wouldn't want to lose it all.

I have seen people win $200k on the sunday million then go to the high stakes cash tables and lose it all in 2 days - that would make me physically sick.

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you win a million dollars from poker, would you think about quitting poker and moving on to another job?
Dude!!! You just won a million dollars!!! Yo are a good player, why would you think about leaving poker? Just quite you're day job and keep playing poker.

L

luk0123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I would definitely still play poker but I would move 80% of my bankroll to an investment pool or some of it to guilt free spending and would never move this money back to poker. Jutro in całe it was one in a lifetime case.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
If you win a million dollars from poker, would you think about quitting poker and moving on to another job?
I would just getting started... Raising my limits

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I would retire from every job. But still play poker for fun.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont think i would quit, its too much fun.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Certainly not! I would start participating in the biggest poker circuits that exist. And at the same time, it would showcase cuisine from around the world.

riff_raff312

riff_raff312

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well let me ask you this when the bottle is empty did you quit drinking:confused: the answer would be no! A million in this day an age is like 10,000 in 1950 it's just not enough but it's a good start!

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Hell no. Why would you assume poker is a job for most of this forum? I'll bet $100 that most on this forum don't and will never consider poker a job.

If I won million dollars I'm setup enough right now at 50 years old I'd could quit my real job instantly and never work or look back. Poker would become a full time hobby. Not even sure I'd change a whole lot more. Maybe take a jump up in stakes a bit...I mean sure I'd travel more with the wife and she could quit working if she so choose which I honestly don't know if she would as she loves her job and enjoys the people she works with. Maybe she'd cut her hours/days back and only work a few a week idk.

Honestly though winning a million wouldn't likely change me/us much I don't believe. I mean a million dollars isn't also what it use to be or go as far as it use too.

Cheers!!!

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
890k for life. 10k for world series, plane fare would be from the life fund of course.

100k BR. I'd play in the NPL games in the UK for a season. The deepstacks are £200 a time and the 25/50 games seems to be £250. So I'd have 400 buy ins. I would also play satties for the bigger £1150 buy in Main events.

Arthurinacio17a

Arthurinacio17a

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, I'm only going to play the most expensive tournaments

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Being a millionaire today is not very much money, Sure you could retire early and live quite comfortable off the interest, but why stop at a million? why not try for 10 Million, or even a Hundred Million.
Money becomes less impressive the more you have, and lifestyles change the richer you become, A bigger House or a better Car all come with added expense, So before too long a Million doesn't go that far.
Would I stop playing Poker if I won a Million? Certainly not! I don't play Poker to become rich, I play because I enjoy Playing, The money I can make from Poker means nothing to me, and if it was ever banned or made Illegal to play for money, that wouldn't stop me neither, I would still play for Points Jelly Beans or Peanuts,
It has never been about the Money, I play because I enjoy the challenge of being the best player in that game, being the top dog in every game I play is all that matters, sometimes I do it, other times I fail, but when I do fail I don't give up on the game, I don't give up when I win either, because there will always be another game.
Poker is Fun! When I stop having Fun! I will quit playing.:)

UngureanuDan

UngureanuDan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I never quit poker if i win 1 mil dollar, i will play more 1k 5k live tournaments accross the globe and earn more, travel and be free!

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why would I quit my hobby because I got rich?

I'd just play slightly higher stakes and have much more expensive meals on break :giggle:

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No, if I win that kind of money, I'll go on vacation with this money after I come back and will really want to win even more money and I will be very motivated to make my victories even bigger and earn more money and make my life even more beautiful than it is now:)

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Now, why would you stop? Firstly, I play Poker because I like it. I would withdraw 90% of the money and manage the bank with the remaining 100k.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think I would not play. I play for the small cash it gives me. I would see no point in continuing to play for small stakes if I were minted.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm not retiring from poker, I'm taking a vacation. I'll spend $50,000 somewhere in a warm country and live for myself for a month or two. And then I'll continue playing poker. That's the point! Poker is in our blood, in all of us. And even though we say that poker doesn't always bring us positive emotions, we can't live without poker either. :devilish:

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, poker is not my main job. so I will continue to play, but the limits may be lower

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
to win a million someone has to lose a million or it's easy and fair

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When I reach this amount I will be forced to get involved with other work that I don't do now due to lack of money, but of course I will only stop playing poker after I die, I will even talk to God and the devil to see if they let me continue playing poker in heaven or hell

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I would quit my job, and live a life without the stress of low income. But poker i won't quit is a good mental game , that require strategy.