If you can make $500 a month playing poker, how would you do it?

G

Gabyenilo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
banking poker

when have banking in the cash free, the pearson feet happy, because has one cash in the month probablit champion future with this job

G

Gabyenilo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
middle play, half bank store

half play, and restant for necesit the day, is more motivación .

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I would double my bets, until I was able to win $ 2,000 a month.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Trying to get into the profit, tied up yet though.

B

bsamra

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe, in one shot like a payout in one tournament, grinding is not fun.

Sivraj

Sivraj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heads up poker along with mid stakes cash games. Also tournament play.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to find some tables and formats that you can beat.
Also you need a good bankroll

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello. I am very interested to see how folks would or do do it. What a sup to retirement that would be, huh? Thanks!
$500 is a good amount, I can withdraw it to pay some house bills, but I often don't if I only have this amount in the bankroll on my poker account, I prefer to leave it to play where I can make more money

aguwind

aguwind

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would definitely go play live wsop to fulfill my dream and it will be a great experience!

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I'd buy pieces in stakes from others that play higher buy in games.

:top:

Scshred

Scshred

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just try to make 50 bucks a day and walk a way from the cash game. After 30 days if you haven't gone all in and got cracked you can walk away with some pocket money.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There are only two things in Life that can be guaranteed.

1. You will at some point pay Taxes.

2. You are going to Die!

Everything else is pure conjecture, Making £500 a month would be easy for someone who works hard, and grafts for a living, Playing Poker however is not high on the list, of ways of making money.
Sure some can, and do make a living from playing Poker, but the professional Poker players out there will tell you, there will be times where you don't make a single penny, and in fact could lose more than £500 a month quite often.
All we see in Televised games and Videos, are the highlights of a Tournament, they will condense 4 or 5 days play into 1 or 2 hours of action, they don't show the hands where players are folding hand after hand because they cannot get a playable hand.
There is no get rich scheme in the World that can guarantee that you will make money, every month, even from Stock's and Share's, Bitcoin, Horse Racing, or Sports Betting, they all carry a risk, and you can and will lose money at times.
For me, the only way I could guarantee making an extra £500 a month, is to get a 2nd job and spend the rest of my life working 16 hours a day.
NO THANK'S!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In this case, I would go down the path of the 1.10 $ entry mtt.
there with a good game you could go raising that 500 $.
Cheers

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, in order to directly consistently earn $ 500 per month, you need to play cash NL25 and higher - the ideal option, in tournaments it will most likely be more difficult + constantly earning such an amount every month is unlikely to work due to deviation

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first time, all the means would go to raise the limits. And just being confident in constant earnings, I would start to withdraw.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I would pull out a gun and take all the money from the opponents.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
You can't make 500$ every month but you can make a lot more or you may also lose your money so you need to be careful before you put from your own pocket.
By the way the best way to win a lot of money from poker is tournament you can win a lot more then you put.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
first of all, you need to play well for this

Bennoda

Bennoda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play MTT and micro-stakes cash is definitely not mine at the last freeroll for 1k $ from cardchat, I won $ 140 and was very happy

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had to play more than 2h everyday than no. Poker for me is a hobby, if it were to become a profession I wouldn't want to settle for that amount of money.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bigjay wants to know

I would add another 0 then some for that. To make a perfection of being a poker player wouldn't be easy, even the greats have bad times that last you would have to have a bankroll to get you past the hard times

Q

Qairo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
500$ monthly isn't very difficult task. You need practice every day in MTT (5-10$), freerolls with 100$+ prize pool and cash game 0,1-0,2$.

Just practice with learning and implementation poker theory into your game.

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be surprised if you could do it every month continually to be honest. You would also need a good roll to get you started.

The best way to make $500 a month is to put $20 in your gas tank and go to work :) I read that somewhere and totally agree.

I’d be amazed if anyone in this particular thread was banking $500 a month. All I ever see is talk of freerolls and you won’t hit $500 in a year with Penny games, let alone a month……if you’re being truthful.

OP said spend $20 on gas and go to work Make your $500 that way. I make that in two days of regular work, so I’d agree with him.

Last edited: