If you lost all your bankroll, would you start again?

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had to start over more times then I can count.... what I've started to realize is focus on the games/sites you can beat.... while consistently adding to your bankroll to play higher stacks.... once you have around 5k on each site you can stop adding and play almost any game you want. All while focusing/playing on the sites your a consistent winner.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As someone who only follows very strict Bankroll management, if I end up losing my entire bankroll, either over a long period or a short one, it would mean I suck and should not be playing anymore. If I can not play the smallest of stakes without going broke, then I would probably just give it up and find a new hobby.

That being said, by following proper BRM and using a basic TAG strategy, I have managed to grow my small bankroll by 300% in the past six months on both sites I play at.

I only play NL2, 0.10$ SnG or Sub 1$ Micro-MTT games and satelittes, and take advantage of the many promotional freerolls offered by the poker rooms that I frequent. I will move up and down stakes according to BRM.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I make bankrolls and trash them and start a new bankroll and trash that one etc. etc. etc.

I have trouble when I lose a buy in. I want that money back almost as soon as I lose it. I'm a risk averse poker player. Almost an oxymoron.

Bambini7777

Bambini7777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Difficult to come back after losing a bankroll

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find discons and other such problems tend to increase 800-3000% when employing solid BRM with small bankrolls therefore would suggest nothing less than around 250$ starting bankroll not exceeding one hundredth for any single stake.if anyone could possibly lose strictly following that system,there's a lot more than poker they really shouldn't be doing,like voting,driving,cooking and changing channels on the television to name but a few.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(Assuming you have a bankroll)

Why not? Just quit and never play again?

But one way to avoid losing your entire bankroll is to manage it properly.

It's pretty easy to stick to good BRM - but it takes - yes you guessed it - discipline!

But if you can afford to blow $1200 every poker session and you are happy....who cares about BRM? lol

Good luck !

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i lost my bankroll plenty of times but meanwhile i was in some big wins so in the end i even everything and trying hit big still

B

BobZock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What the hell is a bankroll?
:D
I believe that whoever re-deposits too often loses a lot of monster hands (poker stars) Only my personal statement.
So better wait a while or change the pokerroom.

in germany this is called *Goldene Gans*

B

BobZock

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man should analyze the games in chronological order. to get an overview. Only then can a decision be made.

P

paapcity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the game to much to not deposit again when i would be broke.

interbul1908

interbul1908

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I've lost my bankroll many times, and I have often rebuilt it by playing Freerolls tournaments. I always keep going. Now with the help of Cardschat and the Freeroll tournaments it offers, it will be easier for me to build it and save it. I will try again and again but I will not make a deposit.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is often due to the fact that I am in a tilt. When I lose my bankroll, I try not to play poker for at least a week, then start the game with new forces.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Obviously. Losing isn't the end of the world. :rolleyes:

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i loose my bankroll i just deposit again.
I play on a hobby basis and if the money is gone, just insert a few dollars and off we go again.

Entrik

Entrik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also lost my bankroll more than once, but I also won, so I don’t see any reason to lose heart even if I lost my bankroll a couple of times, I will try to go to the maximum of winning!

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost my bankroll many times, but then I continued to play hoping to rise and win and now I continue to play from 0 and try to raise something!

S

sekcapilniqt

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to win or lose I will continue to play again

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've lost my roll so many times I lost count :) some of us have to keep the game going and just hope we will win to at some stage ;)

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The times I've lost all my bankroll I start playing the pokerstar league and freerolls

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The times I've lost all my bankroll I start playing the pokerstar league and freerolls

Are you able to play in pokerstars league after you made a deposit ? I can't play any league games and I think it might have to do with the fact I have made a real money deposit in the past.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you know how to play, and you enjoy it then yeah, absoulutely

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes...but

this has happen to me a lot of times.....but....
always we have to play the amount of money that we can
aford ......game is good when you get fun and not get heard:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management