If you lost all your bankroll, would you start again?

Therminator

Therminator

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At some point after a break, yes I'd reset and reload. Though the most I start off with in bankroll is $25 anyway.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

Of course! Always worth a try again!)

keontayB

keontayB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i loose my bankroll i always reload. My bankroll is for betting and poker so i dont have separate br for poker only. But yeah i deposit because its worth a try, if you dont try you dont succeed. There is a possibility for a big win if you play.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I would need one to lose first lol. If I started with a large amount I would think about giving up..

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We all make mistakes and get tilted or do something stupid resulting in our bankroll being demolished. Don't be afraid to fail, be afriad of not learning from your mistakes. In order to succeed you have to fail, after that you become stronger. Play smart. GL.

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Answer: For sure YES !
Never ever give up ! Follow your dream! =))

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That was nice :) You need to have a bankroll first.
I think I need to create one and stick to it. I keep spending whatever I can afford at the time I am playing. Having a bankroll should be the first step to play more pro than what I am doing now.
I will try and keep you guys posted how I am doing :)

Exactly!! Many people who are recreational players, 1st thing- they take "recreational" as a demeaning term like "fish" , when really you do not make your living off of poker. Why should you be concerned with really tight BR management if you have another source of income which supports you.

I am permanently disabled from a work injury, so I get a disability check from my insurance company. This pays my rent and food- BUT not much else. I still consider myself a recreational player because I do not need to depend on my poker BR to keep a roof over my head.

I practice BR management because I know I cannot go busto and reload my BR. My small income will not allow that. I take pride in the fact that I have been playing this way for going on 4 years and I have been able to take some poker money and treat myself to some nice things, vacations, etc.. these are things I would never been able to afford on my disability alone.

I guess I rambled on to say that BR can be different for people based on their situation. Why stop yourself from taking a "shot" at a bigger buy-in just because you are not technically "rolled" for it, when you are bringing in income from somewhere else???? Poker needs to be fun before it can be "work":D

FastEddie777

FastEddie777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bankroll

(Assuming you have a bankroll)

It depends on how much I lost and if I was losing because of poor poker play, bad luck or something else. As long as losing doesn't affect your lifestyle and personal life then go for it.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dany

poker is an addiction , you never stop until:D you have no money to eat

magnetoak47

magnetoak47

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After BM you should starting by just management. So I think is good to have a monthly value that you should play the entire month without depositing anymore. It would be even better if every month you can deposit this value again, even if you're winning and still have some money to play. This will progressivily increase your bank as you improve your game. But stick to the low stakes and sometimes take a big shot but the first main goal is to keep your bank alive! Of course poker can be just for fun, and if you like to play for the fun and don't care much about the money I will be glad to have you in my table :) GL

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never lost my bankroll yet but if I did I will just start again from 0 and start winning on freerolls then to play sattelites into main events.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I lost the whole bankroll again. Sadly, there are no easy ways, I will break through from the beginning :)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management