If you lost all your bankroll, would you start again?

tuku222

tuku222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing everything and starting again is becoming normal and I don't like it !!

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would definitely start again.

Darwinjose14

Darwinjose14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good night to all my opinion is that I would start again

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been there and have done that. Would not recommend it.

A

Angel051047

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not bad thing to fall down, if you stand up always again.
In this sense, I always start from scratch.

S

shagill55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha this happened, started from $0 with freerolls... not a lot of money in them but get to see tons of hands

R

ramignis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of course I would. you should consider poker as a game and a pleasant pastime. and of course you need to play with the funds that you have available.

BenSprocket

BenSprocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Given all the freely available information on bankroll management, anyone that loses their bankroll has no business playing this game. However, please continue.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If I lost my bank several times then you learn to manage it and to what level you should play

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Of course I would start again by playing freerools or with deposit to build it again.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I would start again, but learn from my mistakes and play it more cautiously the next time around. Every time I lose my bankroll, I treat it as a lesson to be learned the hard way :)

K

kusty

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always a learning experience. Typically always at a cost.

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no i take my time for 3 4 days to make money from job or freeroll tournaments and start again with a good tournament

M

Mr_RichRich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yea ofc , did it many times before when i was starting with real money .
i took it as a cost for learning , because nothing is free.
If you want to become a winner you need to spend alot .

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I lose all my money, I can deposit again, always a small amount per month, so that it does not get out of control, and lose a lot of money.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I would rebuy. I have reloaded my bankroll many times. My problem is playing larger stakes and not consistently staying at tourney levels that are 100 buy ins or more so bad bank roll management by me. I should really stay at lower stakes but I find to many recs and bingo players that create a higher level of variance all the streamers and coaches and websites are all based on a conservative mathematical style playing which is more often found at higher stakes. Its hard to play your aces against the guy who plays 9 4 off and spikes a set.

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I lost my bankroll 2 times $ 700 and $ 800 and started again with freerolls, it really hurts. Now I will build my bankroll again from 0

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have lost my BR quite a few times, especially during my earlier years.

Luckily, I never deposited more than I could afford to play with (and potentially lose), so it never had a negative financial impact. Also, I only play micro-stakes MTTs, so I never deposited more than $25-$100 when I was starting.

I also look at playing MTTs as just a form of entertainment and nothing something I ever intended to grind, move up in stakes, and build a profit off of. Yes, I eventually did begin to profit off of microstakes MTTs after years of playing them, but that's just a bonus for me. But playing MTTs is just like going out and having a nice evening. I don't worry about spending, say, $40 for a decent dinner and a movie, and I probably did something like that multiple times a month. So, I don't worry about spending $100 for entertainment playing poker, except I try and make it last as long as possible and not spend it all on 1 game.

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you like playing poker, you will always start all over again. Only poker rooms can play out, not a game.

Geoff445

Geoff445

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me I usually transfer cash into assets as quickly as possible, I don't replace cash bets with assets. People don't get that aggressive..

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management