Fish do limp is fine, u can give limp in response and push the flop

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody wants to think of themselves as fish...Everyone thinks he's a shark :)

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here are a few for being a fish for me.

Not knowing the blinds and how they work. Not knowing they have to put their bet up to the line. Does not understand being priced in.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the term "fish" evolved from "fishing" for a hand hence technicality the player is really a fisherman , I would identify the "fisherman" in a table game as VPIP over 50%
Over time bad player become know as the "fish" as typically player would get bad beats from a player "fishing" for a hand and paying high pot odds make a call and got mad and calls the player a "fish"
Typically post flop play a passive calling game without regard to strategy couple with high VPIP is a "fish" as well

As this term is so wide opinionated in definition I generally regard a "fish " as one that opening up way too many hand without regard to position preflop
How they fish play post flop is more player specific there are passive and aggressive fish
Sometime I see a regular who gets drunk or tilted and then starts playing like a "fish"
Sometimes the whole table recognizes when someone starts playing like a "fish" and trips over themselves and plays mediocre starting hands just to get into a hand with the 'fish" and becomes the "fish " themselves
I think it better to get position (left of the fish) and let the fish come to you .
So what I am saying is that a "fish " to me is a extreme loose player preflop

L

lontrus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The least patient at the table is usually the fish. You can always sense their sense of urgency. Makes them volatile and they're one bad beat away from tilting.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone opening up 80% of their hand in full ring is loose fish but if he opening up 80% preflop in HU match then he is a tight