I am the fish at the table

M

Muckutoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLAY FREEROLLS AND LOTS OF THEM AND YOU WILL GET BETTER.
I do not agree with saying freerolls will make him/ her better ( sorry, didn’t catch the gender of the original posting member), but I agree with playing lots of them. If you are continually dipping into the bank account to play, something needs to change. If there are no freerolls available when you are on, then only play stakes that risk 5% of your bankroll. Sometimes that means playing cheaper poker than you want, but it’s better than the alternative

W

who115

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick to the free rolls until your game improves. As you learn more and gain confidence then you can start playing for higher stakes. Take it slow!!

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
There are a lot of aggressive fish playing on micro-limit now, so it’s enough to play passively so as not to lose !!!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just like anything else you should spend enough time and efforts in order to learn and improve. You can learn some very useful basics like pot odds for example here on cardschat site. Another good option are the videos on pokerstars and pokerstars school (if you have access to them). Watching videos is also good option if you learn better this way. You should see what works best for you and then use the new skills (for example in cardschat freerolls). When you are good enough you can switch to normal micro tournaments.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate to admit this but when i sit down to a table at online poker "I am the fish just waiting to get caught" I hate being the fish. I hate losing. I want to get better but I don't know how. I have a hard time learning new things as I have a learning disability. I am 48 years old. I do read a lot of books but I haven't bought the expensive one because they cost a lot. the free books are junk so don't waste your time reading them. I had some more expensive books but they got lost so i will probably rebuy them. I am considering buying raise your edge sub to learn poker I live in a rural pa so I don't have much around me and there are no good players that i know of. I love the game but when i lose my money over and over again it makes me not want to play. I need to get better. I have good instincts but i don't always use them. I need to learn and get better. Those of you who are winning players can you tell me how you learnt to be a winning player and what you did to get better thanks for reading and letting me vent a little.:laugh::laugh:
I am also from the village. And my friend is playing cash games nl 25-50. He began by watching streams of poker players; this is the cheapest and most effective method of learning in poker. Look for poker streamers whose explanations are currently clear to you. I also read books for elementary education (Sklansky and others.) And books on psychology.
We are also 45 and 48 years old.

Dorugremon

Dorugremon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
(Lots of words that say nothing) :laugh::laugh:
You're losing for a reason: what are they? "I have good instincts but i don't always use them": this indicates a potential problem with discipline, so why are you going against your instincts? Do you come barging into pots with the first good-looking hand after running card dead for multiple orbits? If you get dealt a (Q,T-o) right out of the #1 hole, it doesn't matter if it's the best hand you've seen in a dozen orbits: it's still unplayable from an early position, so you muck it and wait for better positions and/or better hands. If they never come, them's the breaks, and you'll lose a lot less a lot slower if all you're doing is blinding off. If you don't develop the discipline to make good decisions regardless of how the cards are running, and to stay off tilt, you don't stand a chance.

Are you an aggrofish who always overplays hands like TPTK or pocket aces? Do you push draws like naked nut flush draws and OESDs too hard? While it's always nice to see an ace or king flop to your Big Slick, or to see those Rockets right from the get-go, after all the cards are out, it's still a one-pair hand. Maybe it wins, but your opponent(s) have had three opportunities to crack your hand, and sometimes it's essential to lay it down. Are you getting too sticky with these hands?

Are you a passive fish who's always open limping from early positions? If it hasn't been opened yet, your play is to raise or fold: never open limp, just don't. Do you get nut scared after the flop, and fail to get in bets and raises? Checking when you should be betting, check-calling when you should be check-raising, just lets your opponent(s) take cheap shots at you to draw out. Just because the board runs out scary doesn't mean they got there. Most of the time, if you hate the flop, so does your opponent(s) but they don't need to know that.

Do you desperation bluff too much? At the lower stakes, you're not playing with pros. Running cold bluffs seldom succeeds as they're not paying attention anyway, and they'll call with damn near anything, convincing themselves you're desperation bluffing because they desperation bluff all the time. At the Micros, there are -- maybe -- three or four players who I'd target for a big, triple barrel, bluff because they're the only players who're thinking along the same lines I am, and I can sell them a convincing story by the river. For most opponents, a big bet or raise by the river means they've got the nuts or near nuts. Get out!

Are you playing too many hands? There aren't that many good hands to open, especially from the early positions. That's the easiest way to spot fish: they play too many hands. Hands like (K,J) (K,T) (Q,J) (Q,T) or (A,T-o) really aren't good enough to play out of the first three positions (full ring) as they drive out the hands you'd like to play against, and you risk getting called or raised by better hands. These hands, even if suited, have a strong potential to make second-best hands. (K,Q) or (K,J) type hands can make second best even when opened from mid positions since most Micro fish will never three-bet (A,Q) or (A,J) so don't be overplaying TP2K when that's all you have.

Is it just a case of runbad? Do you get the money in good, only to get rivered by a two outer that draws his miracle on the river? SUX, I know, but if you lose a stack or two while making good decisions, it's NBD: it happens, and if it didn't, the fish wouldn't play.

Where, exactly, are you losing your stacks?

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today there is a lot of useful information freely available on the Internet, if you want to learn, then forget about the books (it is useless)! Videos, articles, online schools - everything for you! just need to work!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
It is very important to always adequately assess your own strengths. But I do not agree with you that free books are not useful. There are a lot of free and useful books that are freely available on the Internet.
Good luck.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't fret. 99.9 % of poker players are fish. Only no one will admit it!

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I feel like a fish, too. that's because I often try to find a bluff where there isn't one. I feel like everyone's trying to trick me and I'm calling to check. as a result, I lose chips and then leave the tournament. I very rarely get into ITM, I simply do not have enough patience. I want to learn to lose my hand in time, but my stubbornness forces me to call, call and call. the fish was given the bait and it will never spit it out. it's really bothering me. my advice to you, do not play for money until you start to profit from freerolls. do not rush to shove. if you do not know what to do, fold. good luck at the tables

D

domfudao

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is skill but you depends a very luck to win a tourneament

christmasscorpion

christmasscorpion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a lot of poker schools that can teach you how to play for free in a good plus poker, but then they will need to give a certain percentage of your winnings each poker school has its own conditions. Personally, I hired a poker coach and he taught me how to play plus poker.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Success comes with experience. So do not be disappointed, be patient, improve your skills and analyze the game, avoid mistakes, and I am sure you will become a successful player in the future.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate to admit this but when i sit down to a table at online poker "I am the fish just waiting to get caught" I hate being the fish. I hate losing. I want to get better but I don't know how. I have a hard time learning new things as I have a learning disability. I am 48 years old. I do read a lot of books but I haven't bought the expensive one because they cost a lot. the free books are junk so don't waste your time reading them. I had some more expensive books but they got lost so i will probably rebuy them. I am considering buying raise your edge sub to learn poker I live in a rural pa so I don't have much around me and there are no good players that i know of. I love the game but when i lose my money over and over again it makes me not want to play. I need to get better. I have good instincts but i don't always use them. I need to learn and get better. Those of you who are winning players can you tell me how you learnt to be a winning player and what you did to get better thanks for reading and letting me vent a little.:laugh::laugh:

for myself, I think that playing cash games for money is easier for me and I feel calm and confident - because the bet is the same and always on for a long time and you can bet at any time or not and this is good for me , - in tournaments the stakes rise every 5-10 minutes and you need to make decisions quickly and normally do not concentrate on the game and then I feel in tournaments with fish waiting for senior cards or pairs and then I play in the hope that the card wins and I will play further at some moments I have a pony May that in tournaments you can pay a small amount for entry and win good prize money - but for this you need patience and that the card played perfectly

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think you need to play the month number in the freerolls, perhaps a hint there, and then decide on ...

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
theres a 7 or 8 episodes on youtube pokerstars pokers school watch them maybe you will improve ive watched them and it helped me understanding things

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do yourself a critical self, score where you have the most difficulty, do you play well in early position? and Late position? you limp a lot? Do your bluffs pass frequently? For each unsatisfactory answer, look for a way to make that point work, play it cheap and train new techniques in the lower limits, when you feel that you are evolving, do the process again and correct the remaining errors, going up the limits as your evolution to allow.

C

curiplop

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You made me laugh with your subject and even more recognize that you were the fish of the table, but I continued reading and you commented your learning problem and in return my laughter, but without a doubt knowing it is an advantage for you, you can make a better effort. as advice, I tell you, just look at the vineyards, it's easier to learn that way, lucké n the tables