I am the fish at the table

N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate to admit this but when i sit down to a table at online poker "I am the fish just waiting to get caught" I hate being the fish. I hate losing. I want to get better but I don't know how. I have a hard time learning new things as I have a learning disability. I am 48 years old. I do read a lot of books but I haven't bought the expensive one because they cost a lot. the free books are junk so don't waste your time reading them. I had some more expensive books but they got lost so i will probably rebuy them. I am considering buying raise your edge sub to learn poker I live in a rural pa so I don't have much around me and there are no good players that i know of. I love the game but when i lose my money over and over again it makes me not want to play. I need to get better. I have good instincts but i don't always use them. I need to learn and get better. Those of you who are winning players can you tell me how you learnt to be a winning player and what you did to get better thanks for reading and letting me vent a little.:laugh::laugh:

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online games are quite tough nowadays.
You need to find the softest field possible and to play the cheapest limit like NL2.
There is no magic pill, it's hours of play and work outside the tables every day. It might be really difficult for you. You will need to invest in the software also.
Best of luck.

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YouTube vlogs from Andrew Neeme, Brad Owens, Johnny Vibes, Detroit Poker, Boski, and anyone else with recent material. This makes it a lot easier to take in the information. Start there then read books. Books are for later stages in your game

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that watching other players play and comment on their game is useful for learning.

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way to get better is to practice and there's no better way to practice then by taking advantage of the many freerolls offered by Cardschat and other sites so that you can practice without risking hard earned money.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure you've already noticed this but poker is a very tough game. But for every situation there IS an optimal move that can be made. You have to make studying poker a priority because if you dont learn how to make better moves than your opponents its impossible to win. I'd reccomend Upswing Poker ($100 first month and $50 a month after). Also every time you're in a situation where you arent 100% sure what the optimal play is write it down somewhere and find youtube videos of how to play those spots. even if your playing sessions end up being only 10 minutes long because you marked down too many hands thats fine because playing poker wont be profitable until you learn those strategies.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another thing i would do, i'd watch tournament stream replays and i would pause the video every time the streamer made a move that was new to me or that i didnt understand and i would figure it out and find out why he made that move before i continue watching

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe you are one step closer to improving your game.
This happens to me, when I ask what I should do to improve is that I look for information on how to do it.
You're on the right track now.
But if you want a recommendation, in my humble opinion you should play in freerolls at this point.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You need to play aggressively to not become a fish. Play freerolls, gain experience, watch others play, analyze their game, learn by playing poker, not by reading a book.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to succeed, you must always be optimistic. Be patient and ready to work every day to achieve your goals. In the first place you need to become a member of our club of freerolls. Freerolls is a great way to improve your skills and gain good experience, with no financial costs. Good luck.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I say books are a waist of time unless you want to learn what everyone else do and think you should find your own games not play like everyone else

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not think that there are those who only win. Everyone wins and loses too. The question is how to limit bankroll losses and gradually increase it.

X

XxDeckers

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should spend more time in search of video poker lessons on youtube, or even invest in some poker course, with access to the internet today has become easier, in my opinion playing tournaments Freerolls will not help you to evolve much, because there are many players who play without thinking. Maybe when you play a tournament look for the hand history in the softwer that you play and to study the hands that you played this will help a lot in its evolution in the poker

W

Wiflopper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try Audible. Theres lots of audio books on poker. Look at udemy.com Altin harden has several nice series. All of the above helped me win 3 microstakes 800+ people tournaments. I also checked out a few at my local library.

I also started recording my games screen cast o matic is free. I posted troubling hands to the forum. By re watching those hands i could see several mistakes clearly then start plugging the leaks in your game.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If poker is for fun, then it should be considered as fun, no more. And if poker as earnings, then you need to play accordingly at least to use the basic principles of the game. I think at this age you should invest not in books , but in a normal coach who will show mistakes and will be able to give the right advice.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In addition to the many great free or inexpensive learning suggestions on here, you could also check out the many skilled players streaming for free on Twitch, in addition to the many awesome free poker articles right here on CardsChat! You definitely don’t have to spend money in order to greatly improve as a poker player. Best of luck! [emoji4]

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate to admit this but when i sit down to a table at online poker "I am the fish just waiting to get caught" I hate being the fish. I hate losing. I want to get better but I don't know how. I have a hard time learning new things as I have a learning disability. I am 48 years old. I do read a lot of books but I haven't bought the expensive one because they cost a lot. the free books are junk so don't waste your time reading them. I had some more expensive books but they got lost so i will probably rebuy them. I am considering buying raise your edge sub to learn poker I live in a rural pa so I don't have much around me and there are no good players that i know of. I love the game but when i lose my money over and over again it makes me not want to play. I need to get better. I have good instincts but i don't always use them. I need to learn and get better. Those of you who are winning players can you tell me how you learnt to be a winning player and what you did to get better thanks for reading and letting me vent a little.:laugh::laugh:
love the part about good instincts I hear you there gl

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your learning disability and is it what stops you from playing better. Maybe books will not help. Free rolls are great just to play and have fun, not much good for learning. Because they are free, most players go all in way too offend, that does not help with learning poker. Only play cash games with money you are ok with losing, small to start, and pay attention to how other players bet and play. Keep asking questions, good luck.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
we can play well and lose anyway in poker if the variance is not on your side.i have never read a book on poker but I watch every day strategic videos on twitch or youtube.

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/gen...oker-top-feeds-tips-using-401281/#post4735207

thanks to that I managed to improve my game and learn from the best proffessional players of the circuit and for free. my favorite poker show is "in the head of a pro". me too in my country it is not a lot of poker player but fortunately CC and online poker have allowed me to bloom and to practice the game because it is in forge that we become blacksmiths. even if I have good results in poker. I do not consider myself a winning player because I have not made any big winnings yet. I hope that you will succeed in going beyond this course and correcting the mistakes you make during the game.

P

Percivalpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with many aforementioned statements, although I do not think freerolls are completely useless for learning I do have to admit that their learning capacity is limited, as it was mentioned before, because they lack real money aspect, I noticed I fold way more with real money poker than I do with the freerolls.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything in poker is a matter of time. Poker is like in real life, things require time and skill, maybe the person does not have as much skill as other people.

J

jenia stars

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
very good advice,play fair and do not cheat,we sit and see who to throw out who's bluffing often,look, look poymaesh and vikidivaet,I often played,and often won.bad cards should be discarded,it's rubbish.in the final only honest and smart sit,their not deceive .the alignment of cards,they know and rarely oshibaetsya,70 per cent and sometimes 90 per cent is seen that the lying,bluffing,and when the waiting is not difficult to catch such stupidity do,as much a pleasure to catch.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
already thought of watching players in twitch for example, does not have to be professional players can be lucrative recreational or semi professional choose those who explain the reason that are betting or paying who knows so it is easier to assimilate the knowledge acquired

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
paciencia. Tienes que cometer la menor cantidad de errores y hacerte una auto evaluación para que no cometas los mismos errores y ser constante