How did you start your bankroll?

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the beginning I was playing only freerolls. I was able to make around 100$ monthly but long time I was only withdrawing it. Just few months ago I left 40 dollars on stars and start playing fifty50, now I have around 570$ there. I never made deposit with "my own" money. Only with money which I won on other pokersite. I also used some no deposit bonuses.

RCtheDabbler

RCtheDabbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A small deposit and cashes in freerolls (Bronzestar, 10 & 2O FPPs $500 & $1000), SkyPoker gives a free £20 for joining and if you stake that amount you can withdraw & also Weenies advice about the fifty50 (regular only) gives you longer to pick the right spots and is easier to cash in than other sit & gos.

trolaAa

trolaAa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the beginning i invest my own money and after fast blow up now i will try to build my bankroll from freerolls :D

K

kidanred

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't make no deposits, and dont wanna do it in the near future, so I'm playing freerolls

BadB420

BadB420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Freerolls are how I built my bankroll, after taking home a few winnings and using VERY TIGHT Bankroll management I was able to really have a bankroll and the greatest thing is I never had to deposit and risk my own money!

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started my serious bankroll years ago on fuill tilt poker.
I had some small money on A few other big sites mostly from freerolls etc.
I deposited 100.00 dollars on full tilt and hit A decent tournament win and built from there up online.
My live bankroll is strickly from A big tournament cash in tampa seminole hard rock and built on that to mainly just play live WPT curcuit events.

E

erikr2910

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are how I built my bankroll, then slowly work my way up the limits.

Tom1559

Tom1559

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposited $25 around 5 years ago on a site that no longer exists to play in private forum games. That was at a time when there was an abundance of private forum games with great added value. I turned that into around $250 over a period of around 3 months and withdrew most of it and used that to deposit on other sites to play private forum games. Over that period I have withdrawn around $5K and still have around $1K spread over a few sites and my neteller account. Best $25 I ever invested.

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had played a lot of play money first got it up to 3 million or so, and at the same time I started playing in poker forums I joined, like this one in their freerolls and managed to build up a bankroll on quite a few sites, never deposited.

Carl Trooper

Carl Trooper

Degenerate Idiot
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deposited $

And played quite a lot live the last 2 years before I was working.

I work full time, so I play on the side (15-30 hours per week) online/live

S

Steves222

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Just deposited a low amount and start playing good solid poker. Grinding out freerolls was horrible .

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hate freerolls.... only few are ok rest are pure DONKFESTS!

i deposited 20 first,than 20,30,50,70,20,30,50,70,50,50,50,20,30,30,30,50,50... and so on:cool:

mrdeedreid

mrdeedreid

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Grinding micro stakes SNG's. Deposited $100. Building my bankroll steadily.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Binked a CC freeroll on lock back then they payed.... That was 150 dollar quick start. Built that up to 400.... Withdrew..... They sent me the money twice LOL. Musta been a mistake on their part. Both cashed. Moved sites and have been using that money since

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I particularly playing in tournaments with low buy-ins, cash games and play in higher ticket always trying to look after my little bankroll .. lol

S

SinkieCon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a real job so I put in £60 and played with that, I played the $1.10 and maybe one or two Micro big events, but that's it. But I had to withdraw since getting into college which I can't wait for!

K

Kibic1302

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to put your money to start. From freeroll will win nothing. Personally, I paid $ 50 at the beginning. And low stakes sng :) Good luck.

A

anarxialevan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i deposited about 100$ 1 year ago now much more

tazer

tazer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Started all of mine with freerolls pre and post black friday. I'm more of a casual player so I really just play for fun don't like to put money into anything.

Grew rolls on Pokerstars, Full Tilt, Carbon and Bovada.

T

tododoce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
conquista da minha banca.

fiz um deposito de 50 dólares e dai comecei a jogar, mtt e sit e go, mas ainda não consigo viver só do poker

S

sotakid80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i deposit 20-30 every few weeks, nothing big just fun money.

D

dariodg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ocassional player, haven't made any deposits yet. Anyway i'm thinking of making one in the close future, but i have to find out HOW because of argentina's $hitty law.

rickypr18

rickypr18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't. I don't know how to manage a bankroll. I have built up a freeroll won dollar to $100 something in Full Tilt more than once, have built up freeroll won money to $50 or more in America's Cardroom a couple of times, and built up freeroll won money to $600 in America's Cardroom once, but lost it due to tilt nonrelated to poker. I have made three $50 deposits on ACR, and built them up a bit, but later tilt, make horrendous bankroll blunders, and lose it all. I plan on making a fourth deposit ($100) as soon as my check arrives, and have a plan on how I'm going to build it up.

rytciaq

rytciaq

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played with play money for at least a month, then deposited 10 bucks to stars and that was the beginning, shortly after that I won 18 dollars from 100K privilege freeroll :)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management