How did you start your bankroll?

O

OliverOliver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you set some money aside from a real job, grind it out from low stakes and keep moving on up?

Or did you have a big score in a tournament and that set the state for your future?

Or are you just a casual player who doesn't really have one and just take extra money you have and play with that?

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have had 9,69 euros on the closing bank account and i was unable to withdraw it because of amount, in the same time i have decided to play online poker and i was able to make online transfer.
i deposited it to 888 poker and that is the beginning.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been playing for years but have never had a big BR, just put in $10-30 when it is needed but lasts me a long time which is good value for the entertainment I get.
If I have a biggish win I usually take most of it out cos money is tight these days.
Over the years i am not a massive winner or loser but dont think it has cost me much at all, cos Iv never had massive money to deposit.

SeaRun

SeaRun

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won $5 in a couple of freerolls quite a while ago and played with it once in a while, maybe a few Micro games a month. Then just before Christmas past, I had a couple of gift Visas with a total of about $30 left on them, so I deposited that into pokerstars.

R

racorel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After three years I have made ​​poker first deposit $ 30 that we lost .... but after I made ​​some deposits and the same result ... and finally I made ​​one for $ 50 and there I went to tournaments $ 0.25 180 players .... and so I developed to $ 200 $ -300 almost always in account

Rozay

Rozay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I played poker for fun and learning the game over the years since 09'. I recently just decided to take it serious and became confident in my skills in MTTs to basically start grinding online even though I'm American.

When I came to this decision I pulled a degen move, lol. I took a percentage of my student loan check and put it towards a poker bankroll.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My start was unusual. I gave myself a small starter BR, $150. It was a one-time amount; i.e. I was never going to dip into my pocket again. The amount was easily affordable - how hard is it to save (or not spend) $3 a week for a year?

But I never used any of that money. I won $150 in a freeroll very soon after, built that up to $500 within a couple of months, then withdrew my original $150. So in effect, my current BR plus the money I've taken out over the years all originated from a freeroll score.

GGC2912

GGC2912

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never deposited, just trying to get a start from winning some from freerolls
And in the process, Im sure I will get better and ready for some real cash play :)
Ofc thanks to tips and advice from the CCers

Leprekahn

Leprekahn

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will never go the freeroll way to start a bankroll. I understand why players go that route, but I rather not spend the time grinding that.

I have only deposited when I created a new account when I started at a poker room and fortunately never had to re-deposit.

When I did make the initial deposit, I made sure to use good BRM and play beatable games such as sngs.

imtheman

imtheman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I win a lot on in the private freerolls on pokerstars good way to start a bankroll

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
i ve deposited 25 bucks in the starting and till now after 17 mths still going on .. played many Events incl wcoop , Scoop ,lotts ofmtts so far ... so nothing bad yet ...

WEC

WEC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How did you start your bankroll?

Wanted to test to see what this online poker thing was about, but I certainly didn't trust some random site on the internet to send money to. So as test, I joined royal vegas Poker (Prima Network) and used the $10 Free Offer. I wanted to see if I could build it up enough to test a withdrawal (and then set limits where I would not allow my account to raise above a certain amount. I got it to where I took out $100, then $250, then $1000, then $5000 and at one point I would start taking out amounts only in excess of $10,000; then boom, I hit my first $20,000 MTT win on the site (100K gtd). They gained my trust by then, and I was lucky to have built it all off a lucky $10 Free.

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposited around 100 per month when I started. I usually played with around 1000.00 in my account at Party. The lowest stakes for SNG back then were 10.00 buy in. After Oct. 2006 they kicked the US players off of Party and I cashed out of poker stars later when they got closed down. When neteller stopped for US players I stopped depositing and have been playing off the bankroll I had left. So I play ministakes now for the hell of it. .10/.25 and lower

magicius

magicius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposited a lot in my br and i am still struggle to build it up:)

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Tapatalk

wanderingthehall

wanderingthehall

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made a lot of min deposits pre-bf that never turned into anything. My current BR was built from FRs. I decided to invest time instead of money, and all I think that did was save me money I would have lost without the discipline I'm developing.

That's online, live is just whatever extra money I have when I have extra money and feel like playing.... soooooooo not trying to play live for awhile lol.

S

SpookMBluffwell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been playing for years but have never had a big BR, just put in $10-30 when it is needed but lasts me a long time which is good value for the entertainment I get.
If I have a biggish win I usually take most of it out cos money is tight these days.
Over the years i am not a massive winner or loser but dont think it has cost me much at all, cos Iv never had massive money to deposit.

all poker players have losing streaks, but if your losing for two months with any kind of volume then there has to be something in your game thats causing it.. its possible but very unlikely to just be 2 months worth of bad beats.. so best advice i can give is go over your losing hands and be honest with yourself about if you played them the best you could

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
7 years ago I started playing the shasta tables in Everest Poker, the free sit'gos tables still exist. But I only played them because I had never heard of freerolls at the time.

developer716

developer716

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
his first Bank won on points and it amounted to 0.27 dollar )

S

sotakid80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only deposit like $20-50 every few weeks-months when needed. its all just fun money for me

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposited $600 on Stars back in 2009, cleared the bonus and with drew my original $600. Had a BR of 1800 when BF hit.

M

misko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I deposit like must of the peple.I dont believe that you can make a big bancroll whit freerol.And i dont believe people who say i deposit one time and i never again need to deposit again.

333majko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with the first deposit € 10 and played 100K Depositor where I finished 1st place $ 359, and then I started playing cash games my success was the largest storm 300k Gtd Sunday 5th place strange to still play, but I play tournaments and freeroll games

zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
small deposit,freerolls and forum games ($ added)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management