How you react to players who like to insult during the game?

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just ignore them for the most part... Sometimes I suspect they are bots or whatever because its just constant insults, throws, etc.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm starting to get angry, breaking the keyboard, typing a racist and homophobic tex, spraying saliva from my mouth.

Just kidding. :D I just turn off the chat.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just ignoring them helps. Not only in poker but in real life too.

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PRactical experience has proven that it simply does not make any sense even to attempt to participate in an insult in a constructive way.
I usually block the player. The best and most effective thing to do with a player who insults others.

A fox 666

A fox 666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A person who, during a game, begins to pour insults at someone during a chat is, first of all, an ill-educated cattle! A self-respecting and well-educated player will never stoop to such a thing. You can react to this in different ways. Someone just doesn't pay attention, others On the contrary, they try to get this boor out of their minds even more. Still others start writing complaints to the support room. Everyone decides for himself how to react to this. I try to just turn off the chat. If this is impossible, then I just don’t react - my nervous system needs take care!

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is very simple to turn off chat and no problem.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually, when a friend appears like that, I usually say that I paid buy-in. I have every right to play what I want and how I want and I ignore it. -4

M

MikaBrozovic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad but it happens especially during loss or about to lose. Just step away and come back again later. The best thing to do is realize all the tables at the day are in business. And if they act like a school child, then you simply get up, take your money and spend it elsewhere... right?

If a business was acting a shady would you go back... no you write a review. AMD no more action for that business or that player.

You can even use Cards Chat to help other players out against potentially toxic card players. I would always love a heads up. Just post a hand history in discussion along with what player is saying.

And if other players were smart they can just kill that toxic players action by holding his/her raises and not joining their tables.

We all want to live off the happiness of others not the hate.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If anyone insults me in any way whilst playing online poker, I immediately leave the tournament (regardless of how many chips I have remaining), log out of the platform and cry myself to sleep.

It's the only way they'll learn.

:ahhhhh:

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1- doesn't answer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]2- react aggressive just like him[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]3- mock her aggressiveness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]4- or would do something else.[/COLOR]​
I take there chips!!!

jumaischi

jumaischi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I ignor them:))))(that's the best way)

AndyGamesPoker

AndyGamesPoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually just dont leave the chat open. All it is are salty players and telling me what the dealer is doing. I leave it on the stats tab witb my standing, this is much more useful information and allows me to concentrate on the game.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I'm completely indifferent to what others say during a game.

I don't respond to insulters. Anyway, most times I close the chat window during my session.

R

Richard Grant

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quite enjoy it when people have a go at each other, not sure why probably not a good sign. Their nearly always weaker players as well.

Uncloggie

Uncloggie

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's nice now that almost every room has a mute chat button, it didn't exist before. People used to be much much worse, I am glad that the hosts have been clamping down on it. I almost never see this anymore, but when I do I pretty much always take a screen shot and send it in to customer service. If nothing else these people will be muted and won't bother anyone else. I like the points made here, that ultimately it reveals lousy players , but still I don't think they should be allowed to continue unchecked. Lets be civil people.

DTMath

DTMath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time ignore them. If that don't stop then have fun with them. ie. Time to move out of your parents basement. Mom's calling. I am your father please listen. I have a couple more. Do not let them try to control your betting. As others said just close chat.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I wonder if they are really of legal age to play online poker. Theres nothing whitty or sharp about those slurs. I never see them get far anyway.But I just ignore what is said. Sometimes I read it for entertainment and chirp in if the big mouth is getting what was coming to him. Why insult a player and say they are weak or whatever if you can win their chips? The answer I guess is they are not winning the poker battle thats why it goes verbal.

C

chuckycheese

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is really quite simple notify the moderator, or turn off chat. there will allways be jerks at the table

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Half the times I don't comment and try to ignore them, specially if I'm doing bad... But when I'm doing good, I usually laugh at their childish behavior, thinking some words in chat actually trigger me...

On rare occasions, there will be 2 potty mouths on the same table... I usually go get popcorn when that happens because its weirdly entertaining.

shakkalakkazam

shakkalakkazam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
say nothing, never show ur cards

if you get mad at bad beats, poker is not going to be fun for you

A

AAlexandru17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can block him so this is not hard..or You can Tell the moderator and he will be banned o couple of days..maybe then he will think more .[emoji16]

D

dayontour

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great Satisfaction

I ignore them but I do get great satisfaction when they get there just dues and are knocked out, It does make me smile. :D

Last edited:
J

JuiceLee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Heey Poker players! Sometimes Its encouraged me when they curse! Then i think i get you in the next rounds and than i find the peace to win from those pokerplayers hahaha and then i laugh very hard and much of the time i get very good compliments how i kill those agressive pokerplayers 💪😌🙏

Top 10 Games