How you react to players who like to insult during the game?

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1- doesn't answer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]2- react aggressive just like him[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]3- mock her aggressiveness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]4- or would do something else.[/COLOR]​

Just ignore them, turn off your chat.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't say anything, but I do pay attention to them because I have noticed that those who have the biggest mouths at the table usually suck at poker and will give you their chips if you play it right.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I ignore such players. I prefer to focus on the game.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most common insult I face is about how aggressive I am, such as “push bot donkey” or “hot Jenny you got any other moves??” Etc.

What do you find insulting in "hot Jenny you got any other moves??", it sounds more like a compliment to me.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are two types of insults that some players make during the game: ridiculing the way I play, and personal insults.

Ridiculing the way I play does not bother me at all since I do play erratically and recklessly, and together with very early exits for me come some bad beats that I administer to my opponents.

The personal insults however speak volumes about the player making them, and I will ignore at first especially if they come after a bad beat, just in case it's a temporary loss of temper resulting from tilt, but retaliate if they continue simply because it's not fair for bullies to get away with abuse.

fishfood80

fishfood80

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online I don't really pay attention to chat. Live I try to ignore them. At one of my regular home games there's a guy who's always telling people how bad they play. And then when he busts he really goes off on how he gets bad beat by these horrible players all the time. He doesn't realize a lot of the players take weird lines against him just to tilt him. (Not a recommended strategy I know)

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its best to stay calm and patient till he either gets out or you make a table change, if is a live game otherwise only you can always shutdown the comments on the chat.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best thing to do is not react at all. They are 100% wanting a reaction from someone. It is too easy to just turn off chat if it bothers you so take advantage of that option. If they are doing it in say a CC free roll them report the abuse. It is uncalled for and most sites will look into complaints made about rude players.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I believe that insults are inadmissible. Personally, I do not respond to insults, but if these are members of our community then I am ready to take a screenshot to send to the administrator.
Good luck.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore what is said in the chat, it is more complicated with live poker in that case I use sarcasm and I do not pay much attention to the insults while playing, after finishing playing it may be different but while I am in the table simply do not give importance to what other players say

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have all chat turned off for this exact reason. Players stupid comments use to tilt me like crazy. If only you could do that in live poker too.

eddy78

eddy78

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just block the chat and carry on my game, it's not worth getting into an argument.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is spot on! Anytime there are negative comments coming my way, it is a huge advantage. I welcome that kind of negative energy being thrown at me. There have been distracted and tend to play different.

Like the poster said here, they are not a skilled player who understands the game.

Thanks very much! :)

V

vadusha73

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi everyone! I am freshman!

What do I think about insulting during the game? There is nothing good. In my opinion gamers like that should watch their behavior and then, If they don't understand a simple favor for being calm they should be banned.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in that tournament I finished in third place, and he saw it.;)

The fact that you finished third does not mean that you played professionally. Normal luck. Naturally, the opponent was right that you do not know how to play. If you didn’t play like a fish, you would surely get better results. A long-term perspective and God will not cancel.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only note players in the game who are very aggressive, and if players who like to insult during the game, I turn off the chat, block messages from those inadequate players and do not pay attention to them, but continue to play further, I focus on the game!

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the mood. Sometimes I reciprocate, sometimes I ignore. At 888 poker, tomatoes and eggs are thrown.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don 't react in any way, i don 't give them a chance to win:D

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1- doesn't answer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]2- react aggressive just like him[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]3- mock her aggressiveness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]4- or would do something else.[/COLOR]​

If someone insult you during the game, you automatically have edge over your opponent, because he probably underestimates your poker skills. So just use this advantage and take his cheaps or money and it will be the best answer to his insulting:)

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on how good the insult was. If they put a lot of thought into it and it's a really good insult, I might congratulate them on their originality. If it's just some dumb regurgitated insult, then I just ignore them.

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't respond and leave and find another table to play at.

riverlizard3

riverlizard3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to banter so i can take the worst but if they are really nutso i ignore

Top 10 Games