How you react to players who like to insult during the game?

N

Newguy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignore them, don't let them get under your skin.

AND take their stack!

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
total ignorance, some do this so that you can no longer be focused on the game:cool:

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don’t react.
If you are like me and sometimes you let something get to you, mute them. Turn off throwables etc.
If you don’t it will affect your game.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not answer I think it is for boys to do this online, I will have to breathe live

Big_Banana

Big_Banana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Players that insult others or are just plain nasty well I kill them with kindness. I do this on-line playing poker and in life. This is uncalled for and their is no reason to be like this. Next time anyone is rude to you let them know all is well and no hard feelings

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well this is very easy to solve until I like these types of players most of the time they are weak players so just wait to win their chips

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
they are just ignored and voila. to foolish words deaf ears .. so said my grandfather.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just ignore it! I don’t care. This type of messages are not relevant for me! ;)

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When there is such a player at the table, I think the best thing to do is to ignore and not respond. An in-game discussion can hinder decision-making

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I block his (or hers) chat, open it up once in a while to see if they didn't cross the line. If they did, report it. There is a difference between trash talk and abuse.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

At the start of my online poker career, I resented players who were rude when playing. But then I approached this philosophically and just turn off the chat during the game.

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
hello

I ignore them or it amuses me! It is a game, it is not to be insulting other people!

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its fun to engage in that kind of conversation, further annoying salty people is so good.

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]1- doesn't answer[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]2- react aggressive just like him[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]3- mock her aggressiveness[/COLOR]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]4- or would do something else.[/COLOR]​

Usually i don't pay really attention what people are talking to in chat, i'll just try to do my own thing, and reach as far as possible in tournament. That means i usually just ignore. So 4 would be best option for me.

Split

Split

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, this is the Internet, everything is possible, so I don't care about any behavior of the players ...

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ignore them and play solid and take their chips so they can leave or buy in more chips so you can take more from them. make your plays do the talking.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bust there ass, I typically ignore or fire back so they think there getting to me, and then bust them , if they think they tilted you from talking trash it seems like in my experience they call lite.

RichardHeard

RichardHeard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore. Which is easy as I don't pay attention to the chat box online. Live, I'll keep my head down and let them deal with their own negativity. I do feel sorry for those that cannot own their emotions. Poker is a game at the end of the day. If it's taking a psychological toll that leads to an outburst of insults, maybe reconsider playing. We can afford to be civil.

C

carborun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only ever encountered a negative player once unfortunately, and I say that because from my experience, that player type will play overly aggressive at some point which can be taken advantage of. So I just play my regular game. If they are insulting me specifically, for whatever reason, I just take that into account and think nothing of it on a personal level.

When insults are played there is money to be made amirite or amirite? :hahaha: :mad:

Highsolation

Highsolation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't found myself in this situation yet, generally I don't pay much attention in chatbox online anyways...
And in real life, haven't played all that much live poker so there's that :)

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I usually ignore it, or I throw a spice that looks bad haha

pothead2012

pothead2012

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the online Poker Tables all the information i have on my opponents is their screenname their stack size the country they come from and some game stats on their play if we played together previously... so not much to form an oppinion about someone.... then what reasone could i have to talk smack to you over the chatbox ??? Only one and that is to mess with your concentration..... don`t ever take what you read in the chatbox serious unless your playing a Cardschat Freeroll where you maybe even know the players from the forum..... in normal games almost anything directed at you in the chat is only to mess with your game and make you angry so you start playing like a donkey in rage

Top 10 Games