How you react to players who like to insult during the game?

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is said that the one who insults is doing it towards himself. Also better to be focused on the game and analysis of the hands, ignore and maintain balance. So get profit from every situation.
Greetings friends :D

T

the_bridge222

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is better to concentrate on the game, if something affects you in the chat, you block it.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shussh...in french there say that goes a bit like this: on repond les imbecilles par le silence.
Translation:
You respond to imbeciles with silence.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally say nothing but laugh out loud if they bust out soon afterwards. Couple of times this week the guy throwing out all the fish and donkey comments in an 888 tournament has had the lowest stack, in which case you think, "maybe you're not as good as you think you are!"

U

userme4321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I let it go best I can... try not to be bothered... Fortunately they don't normally stick around for long, they put targets on themselves...

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I am at the table online its fun to mess around with people as its mental warfare out there. I don't think people should be really rude but some banter is fun.

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Those throwables on pokerstars can be a right pain in the butt when you get some fool spamming them.

T

thekid9500

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care about that and I will focus on the game !

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't matters to me because I keep my chat off during play.:D

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do love a good ol chin wag from time to time but when the insults start to come (and they will) then I just ignore it, why would you rise up to these trolls, keyboard warriors?

M

maxyan85

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t pay attention to them, they don’t know how to play, and so they scandalize, they want to piss you off so that you are wrong.

CERRATO505

CERRATO505

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just ignore them, it's not worth paying attention to

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't even give him much ball, i leave him talking to himself and i'm focused on my game.

S

snakedog007

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
online, ignore. laugh a bit inside.

Live. Mostly ignore and at times i fuel more if get a feeling more data can be gained or emotions are peak towards a meltdown by the target.

At times live, the insult is a backwards nock at play or strat, and will explain levels. Rarely but sometimes.

Had a friend that would clown any and all table talk; I miss them days, I sit silence and gain all info.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no problem with it.
If someone is doing this they have a problem.
It’s my goal to get into players heads and if they are spending energy making comments against me (live or online) I know I’ve gotten the results I wanted. They are busy with their emotions and will not be playing their best game. If they raise their good hands I just fold. It’s awesome and I feel success watching someone loose control like that

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's too much fun to ignore it! I love those guys

O

orlando miguel rossler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens very often it is very ugly that they insult anyone I call myself to silence if it continues I report it to a moredaror

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to read the chat.

I usually have the tourney structure and Avg Chip Stack stats up instead.

But, if I do get lucky on someone, I can't help but switch over to see if they have something to say about it.

They usually do. :D

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The mute button is a powerful thing. Turn off chat and any other distractions so you can focus on the cards.

The only positive benefit I could see from the chat box is that it tells you when bad players are steaming—and you could probably tell that from just their bets.

dom97

dom97

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Know that you are better player as you can keep your emotions in line.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When some players are insulting, rude, regardless of whether they won or lost it is their speech to themselves.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Depends on my mood. Once and awhile I engage them in banter. Most of the time I ignore them. I do get a kick of two others jabbing at each other.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kill them with kindness

Players that insult others or are just plain nasty well I kill them with kindness. I do this on-line playing poker and in life. This is uncalled for and their is no reason to be like this. Next time anyone is rude to you let them know all is well and no hard feelings. Peace Capo1014

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online, I block their chat. Live, I tend to ignore it and smile at them...this gets under their skin. I react more when a bully at the table picks on someone who is quiet and shy and minds their own business...quite often some boorish male chauvinist picking on someone my grandmother's age...I have no problem opening my mouth to them and make them look as stupid as they are.

PS: it was really fun one time playing in Las Vegas and the guy beside me was insulting me to his friend watching in German...well I didn't understand 100%, but my high school German was enough for me to respond back in German after taking a big pot from him...that shut him up for good, and he left the table shortly after that.

Top 10 Games