How you feel when losing in strong hands

nguyenhanh

nguyenhanh

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
With strong hands, but we do not decide on the time to finish the game, the opponent has the opportunity to turn the situation upside down immediately, at which time we will feel very sorry, but through such situations it will help us to learn an important lesson

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
wow, I get really angry because this happens to me a lot of the time, my hands are better and a player comes with a horrible hand and takes the pot.

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
That's the not so great part of the game of poker but personally it doesn't bother me anymore, it just makes me laugh.

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, but we can't know how strong the opponent's hand is until we open his cards.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I lose against a strong hand, it doesn’t hurt, but when I lose against a weak hand, it makes me angry:)

Dasha_21

Dasha_21

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I try not to react very emotionally and continue to play quietly

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
With strong hands, but we do not decide on the time to finish the game, the opponent has the opportunity to turn the situation upside down immediately, at which time we will feel very sorry, but through such situations it will help us to learn an important lesson
At first I was even angry, but now it's become customary, losing with a good hand is routine

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Review and if you played correctly then don't sweat it. it's like hitting 16 vs 10 in blackjack. just do it.

When i review hands I do notice I could work on my bet sizing to either increase gains or decrease losses.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
All emotions are important, all emotions are needed. No one starts playing poker wanting to lose, but you soon realize that losing is inevitable. Of all the strategy games based on skill, I don't know of any where players who have a significant advantage over their regular opponents lose as often as they do in poker.Poker players’ hatred of losing is not unique; very competitive people, as a rule, suffer from this feeling the most. I take such situations calmly.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends. If I'm playing a cash game it doesn't affect me much, but if I'm playing a tournament, depending on how far away we are, we get much more upset.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For most people this is pain, I've been used to it for a long time, sometimes there is a short-term disorder

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Gutted, when you have a full house and they end up with straight flush.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I don't let it bother me. We all are going to lose time to time and it's just better to shake it off and go onto the next hand.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
if you lost with a strong hand against a weak hand, then just don't worry, it should have happened to you in poker and you must lose, but the main thing is to study and train so as not to make big mistakes and not lose big pots through your fault, the main thing is to know that you play well and by chance your opponent won you, then everything is fine and you will succeed in poker

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
All emotions are important, all emotions are needed. No one starts playing poker wanting to lose, but you soon realize that losing is inevitable. Of all the strategy games based on skill, I don't know of any where players who have a significant advantage over their regular opponents lose as often as they do in poker.Poker players’ hatred of losing is not unique; very competitive people, as a rule, suffer from this feeling the most. I take such situations calmly.

It's insightful how you highlight the significance of emotions in our experiences, particularly in competitive endeavors like poker. Indeed, the acceptance of inevitable losses is a pivotal aspect of mastering any skill-based game. Your perspective on calmly navigating through such situations speaks volumes about your resilience and understanding of the game's dynamics. Embracing the full spectrum of emotions, including the discomfort of losing, undoubtedly contributes to growth and proficiency in any competitive arena.

Ingryd

Ingryd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I still get frustrated with this type of situation. But we have to move on

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Outraged as always, then I laugh it out and go on.

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I lose against a strong hand, it doesn’t hurt, but when I lose against a weak hand, it makes me angry:)
yeah,that can set me on tilt too !especially if i made big raises and bets to keep the junk hands priced out .

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
After many years of play, i feel normal ))
Different things happens sometimes due to variance...

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
After many years I still don't get along well with this variation....the river bites me rarely but bitterly 🤔.
After many years of play, i feel normal ))
Different things happens sometimes due to variance...

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel angry at the moment of course, bad beats are always bad. But after so many years playing, I already accept that this is going to happen every day.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I lose a strong hand I feel a little frustrated but nothing less than another bad hand doesn't make it better, right?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands