gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How did you choose your name in poker, why are you called that? What does it mean?

Delenia

Delenia

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
On the online sites I have chosen many different names and after a few years they no longer fit me and am unable to change them. So, several years ago I started using my real name, because I know that will always fit me.

How did you choose your poker name?

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Nickname Ryhor03.
Ryhor - name, 03 - year of birth

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I chose a nickname based on my real first and last name. Everything is very simple, without creativity :)

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I was new and tried too many names all is taken then I tried a funny one that I don't like and thought I will change it later .but then I couldn't

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Sadly i didnt use the help of rocket science while choosing that ... Although i have to admit that in unibet for example i do have used (not so) creative aliases sometimes (probably in rare cc games aswell) ...

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I have a black cat at home and my whole family loves it. I once saw the name of black cat wine, and decided to try it.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My poker nickname has to do with my name as well as the name of the famous Brazilian footballer.

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Dimitra bardakou my name( demi -bar)too long to use is as it is ;)right? Lol

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I'm EmilyWT when playing. :) I had an opponent ask me one time what the "WT" meant and I heard nothing else when I said they were my initials. Afterwards I looked it up and apparently WT is slang for white trash. LOL!!

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be fair it's just my name and when i first started playin poker

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Simply - 044 is telephone code of my native city - Kiyv) Playa is short-slang form of player) But, I have different nicknames on rooms)

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once upon a time I played a computer game, I really liked it, it was called NOX. I chose this nickname, but since it was already occupied, I added a few 8 digits to it.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's a childhood joke, this is what my parents told me when I was a child

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
3 firt letter of my first name and after 3 first letter if my fay name

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
And my nickname is combined: the first part is the country, and the second is my gaming style :p

lalinha

lalinha

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Nick Laizaferreir - it's just my name, not well thought out.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I played a video game and just typed a set of letters and got a nickname

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Nick should please the player himself, Be positive. Let this be a kind of rule. However, the statistics of poker rooms do not know any positive examples of a good game by poker players who chose names with negative energy. My nickname was chosen because I like to walk a lot since childhood and in order to achieve success in poker, you need to take the main step, which I hope everyone has ahead of them.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
used to play the game Dota 2 there was such a nickname and then put the same one in poker

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good afternoon everyone, I chose the case of my nick because it's very fun, I've always liked to tell jokes since, everything that has a good mood calls my attention was the thought of my nick, I was a child Rio in brazil, in the city of Rio Janeiro , I'll put the meaning of the word that is in mei nick because I don't know if it has the same meaning in others.
Nick Fanfarrão 1983
translated into english is
bully
someone who hurts or scares another person, often over a period of time, and often forcing them to do something they don't want to do

The google translator I don't think he did the correct translation or maybe he doesn't have that word in the English language Fanfarrão, but here's the meaning in Brazil
meaning of Fanfarrão
adjective
That highlights your own qualities and/or the courage you don't have; who displays a courageous posture without being one.
male name
Individual, who prides himself on his own courage and bravery, displaying a behavior he does not have in reality.
The guy who says he does a lot and doesn't do anything, for example, the guy says he's going to fight with everyone for his friends and when the time comes he fights, the guy runs, that's the Fanfarrão, the guy jokes with that he doesn't know, it's the crazy on the block, lol

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
just a nickname I have had for years..... numbers are related to birthday.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How did you choose your name in poker, why are you called that? What does it mean?
Well it's me, my wife and our surname initials.. the 13 is the year we got married..

In some poker rooms I use CaraDaBocha something like the Bocce Balls guy

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've shared the same nick in several games for years.

It was supposed to be greenkunk, but after losing one of the accounts I had due to inactivity, I created the nickname kunkgreen. It also has NThc! haha

Well, all those cannabis related.
Apparently I like it a lot! hahaha

🌿​