How Would You Define a "Strong Player" ?

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what is your definition of a good player in poker?

I define it the one who's mentally stable, can handle easy ups and downs , with a great bankroll management understandings and for sure the one who can persist into the game.
This is my opinion and how i see this thing

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone who applies a lot of pressure and decisions on his opponent(s) while making very few to little mistakes.

TheBandit

TheBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a good player is 1 who enjoys himself and can except the win with the lost. If you play within your level you will enjoy the game and become a better all around player. I know I have to work on my tilt as I have been changing my game style after a few bad beats.... Not good. Good luck out there and have fun

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Experience. It is, certainly, the most important line connecting players to unusual abilities. Without it it is impossible to reach the status of the player outstanding. It is necessary to devote to a game of several thousand hours and to play millions of distributions. Opportunities which give us modern poker-rumy online allow even to students to gain experience quicker, than ever. They say that to reach in something knowledge and some new ability, it is necessary to spend for its studying about 10,000 hours. With poker is not differently. Intelligence In games on the highest limits players looked the similar level of knowledge and experience. The one who will be able to adapt to what is done by his rival that will quicker guess what the opponent does the courses to level action of our strategy, and it will be success which expects you. Having thinking one level higher than our rival quite enough to defeat any.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a strong player is one who plays with strong hands and does not despair if they do not reach him, patiently waits for his good hands and plays them aggressively

Pepitcho23

Pepitcho23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me , I can define a good player by the way how's survive in the tournament, some people can stay seat and wait for a good hand for maybe few hours and never give up. They always playing by the same way. You cannot see difference between players untill the luck come out. ;)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That one who maintains his/her bankroll healthy playing cash games.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A consistent winner. Doesn't matter how he or she get there, just that they do.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There
A STRONG player is one with a lot of muscles?
hahaha Just Kidding
A Good player is the one that never loses temper keeping a cool pace at the game
rgds

P

Percivalpl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Someone who learns on mistakes and doesn't believe he is a poker god

B

Blakepc91

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A strong player is a player that can adapt and adjust to how any game at any stakes plays and still win.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think the best radar to find strong players is their results, look for the charts and leaderboard tables of your villains.

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

To me a strong player is a combination of skill, intelligence, patience, and determination when making decisions that affect his stack in the game. He is a player who knows how to defend his position but also knows how to respect other players when he owes it. He is not the one with all his chips in front of any Ace in hand that he has. Good luck at the tables !!!

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

stylebender72

stylebender72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion a strong player is a player who is aware of his opponent's and his range all the time, a player who understands the game so much that he never panics, and he is always disciplined no matter what happens, always studying because poker is an ever evolving game...

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Someone who owns an ascending result graph during 90 days of constant play

Helvec

Helvec

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I consider that a good player is one who continually perfects his game, with study. He is the one who has a solid game, evaluating his hands and taking reference from his opponents. He is the player who has been demanding self improvement.

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say it is someone who pays attenttion to all the tthings, position and play, chip stacks, bet sizing and pot control. and who is able and willing to use those skills in every hand to get max value

2blive

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A good player

A good player is hard to tell from a Donk player.
A good player adjusts strategies to exploit opponents.
A good player will sometimes hit that 2-outer.
A good player will sometimes pay off a better hand.
A good player understands when to give information and when not to.
A good player understands when to give action and when not to.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
A strong player is the one who goes home with the money.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When playing MTT, I pick out strong players based upon their raises/checks and how they play their cards. I definitely take note of the players that have the self control to slow play the nuts. Most newbies raise right off the top... when I see someone who check raises with the nuts... that definitely makes me take notice.