How To Survive A Bad Poker Game Without Making You Hate Poker?

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Let's be honest here sometimes im the one who playing bad and blame luck or the site for the plays

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
At the moment I get angry but I try to calm down and think about the games in which I came out victorious

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think you need to stop breathing or even drop everything and do something else to not freak out because there are days when poker is not for you so change your focus on this day

GERSteven

GERSteven

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Who likes to lose!?

I think this is by far the most difficult part of playing poker, not losing control, going on a tilt and losing even more and in the end doubting yourself or seeing everything as rigged.

In poker you will always lose more games than you win, so get used to it.

Discipline, a good selection of tournaments, good bankroll management and practice are the key to success.

And if you have a bad day, just turn off the box and enjoy life because it has much more to offer than just poker.

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Then you take a break. Sometimes nothing comes in and you just lose, then you wait patiently until it changes. I've had tournaments where I didn't win a single hand in the first hours, and vice versa where I won a lot of hands. In poker, as in life, you have to be patient, then you will make fewer mistakes.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will certainly have more bad days than good days. There is no point in going on some kind of rage and blaming everything, it is counter productive, it probably says more about there character in general, rather than the game itself. If people cannot handle it mentally, then maybe poker is not for them. I find those that complain about how much it is rigged, or it always happens to them, bad luck, are just lazy players, they gamble too much and have no interest in analysing there game, look at there own mistakes and never study. Sometimes it is best after bad sessions or a run of bad luck, it to simply take a break, use that time to do something else, fresh air works. Also using that time to study, recognize the weaknesses in your game, study and look to improve those weaknesses.

Stanley Aguiar

Stanley Aguiar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've felt this way too. What helped me was focusing on learning more and more. Study, analyze my hands and decisions. Look at what made me lose. After a while I managed to see that I create my own luck!

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To survive these bad streaks, you'll need to get away from the tables for a while to rest your mind. Then study and watch professional videos and when you feel confident in your game, go back to playing at the tables.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most effective way is to simply take a break; there is simply no better way.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
it's hard because bad memories and emotions last longer

Top 10 Games