How To Survive A Bad Poker Game Without Making You Hate Poker?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
to be honest, sometimes I feel like I want to vomit, I don't know if I'm really that unlucky or online links are cheating me

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's hard, I've just been eliminated from a satellite, it's every player we meet in front that hits is hate, and the worst thing is that the sites favor these donks! You have to have a lot of control... 🤐

M

mrfastflow

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need something, what's absorbs your head like poker and you need good run

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The best way is to first accept that you aren't going to win every session or tournament. Afterwards analyze it to see if you made errors, and you probably did, then learn from that and correct your play in the future. Knowing how to lose, and win, gracefully is something that most competitors learn. Shake off the bad game, and concentrate on the next game.

Ted Williams 406 Failed 6 of 10

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
By not having it as a job and accepting that you won't win every time. It's much easier to cope with the game if you take it just as a hobby than a real deal and a life earner. It's basic psychology that you face in your real life job also. Most of the people learn to hate and dread it over time, because they have no choice, but to do it and survive. With poker (excluding those who live from it) you always have a choice to walk away and you need to make yourself understand that. That way it's always easier.
If we connect that to real life job. I tend to say to myself when I'm having a hard time there... "I come, I do my best, worst thing that can happen I lose the job and I'll find a new one". :)

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Sometimes everyone gets the feeling when you want to fight at a poker site because you're losing to a bad player with a strong hand against a weak one and you can't do anything about it that's why you're angry that feeling goes away after a while just keep playing poker as you play and you'll win more often than lose that's the most important thing in poker

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
There is a dead card period, you better get used to it, if you want to play poker…

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
to be honest, sometimes I feel like I want to vomit, I don't know if I'm really that unlucky or online links are cheating me
Hi
Your unpleasant experiences are primarily related to the lack of discipline, bankroll management and patience. Disciplined players also have bad days, but such days are not a problem if you have bankroll management, patience and a long-term goal that you are willing to work for.
Good luck :)

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, luckyfish98! By my opinion, almost Everybody is thinking similarly, as and You! Good Luck!

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Its called variance . Happens to everyone sometimes u hit all sometimes u lose everyhand

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I recommend you to take a break and analyze your hand if you do well don’t worry if play bad improve that, and come back to the poker.
Good luck.

crootnik

crootnik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Bad poker days.. hmmm. On certain days, I am surprised by my lack of concentration and errors. That only adds to the chaos, which is an element of the game. My most common error is limping in with a bad hand. It sometimes pays off, but in the long-run it's a bad practice. I survive a bad poker game, a game to which I contributed, by looking back on my performance.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Practice playing over and over and over yet again :). Variance is poker and poker is variance. Its the life of a poker player:).

J

jazux48

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, the probability of a good game is very small, a few percent, especially you are a beginner
As someone said, be strong, when you fall, crawl, and move towards your goal);)

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You're definitely going to hate poker at times like this. All you have to do is accept that poker is a game of probabilities and there is no 100% guarantee that your hand will win on all three streets. We just need to take it easy. Try to stop playing poker for a while and find a good activity for yourself. And then if you fail in poker, immediately switch to another activity, so poker failures will be softer.

Nikon10000

Nikon10000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
1.Accept the fact that bad games happen: In poker, it is important to understand that even experienced players sometimes lose due to accidents or bad decisions. Recognize that this is part of the game.
2. Analyze your game: Instead of getting frustrated, look at your mistakes and try to learn from them. Analyze your decisions and figure out where you could have done better.
3. Play at stakes that are comfortable for you: If you feel like you are playing at stakes that are too high and causing stress and anxiety, lower your stakes to a level where you feel more comfortable and confident.
4. Don't take things personally: Remember that poker is a game of probabilities, and even if you make the right decision, the outcome may not be favorable. Don't blame yourself for things you can't control.
5. Find fun in the process: Focus on the game itself and enjoy it. Poker is a game of skill and strategy, so try to find fun in developing your game tactics and putting them into practice.
6. Diversify your interests: If you're having a hard time getting over a bad game, find other hobbies and activities that bring you joy. Doing something else will help you maintain a positive attitude towards poker and not tie all your emotional content to one game.
Ultimately, your attitude towards poker is key. Try to keep a positive attitude and learn from your mistakes to become a better player.

Mag_P1e

Mag_P1e

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You should never think that online poker is “tricked up”, because once such thoughts get into your head, they will quickly take root and getting rid of them later will cost more effort than simply not allowing them. Everyone has bad tournaments, terrible sessions, and sometimes unbearable downswing months - what do you do when faced with this? The moral component in poker is as important as knowledge of strategies, plays, openings, etc. I can recommend starting with reading Jared Tendler’s books: they are easy to find in the public domain, and the information there is presented in the simplest possible language. So don't give up and keep growing in poker, good luck!💪

V

Viking26

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
every player has bad moments or bad period...
When u have a bad period i think u need a litle break.. It s up to you how long.. To put your head straight.. With time learn from mistakes and be a better player

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are having a bad session the best thing in my opinion is take a break for that day. There are days that we are not going to win no matter how well we play, when you accept that, it's easier to deal with bad days.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
As they say, "that's poker". Another saying is: it's a hard way to make an easy living. There's also another one where... You get the idea. It's always a vague outcome, whether it becomes a positive or negative one. You never see a saying in poker where it's absolute. There's no sure thing in this gaming realm other than someone's gotta win and someone's gotta lose.
It sounds like you haven't been playing online for a long time. Let me guess under 2 yrs? All the sites seem to reel you in and then start taking your money, that's just the internet fkng w/you. Just kidding, it's the variance and what I like to think of as "poker hubris", ya know when you figure out how to make a little $ playing and then you take your game to the masses, do good and then expect to win afterwards... Every time. It was a reality check for me.
Toleration of the game and all it's components is the key, imo. Once you embrace the idea that not everyone plays the way you do, or even plays for the same reason you'll start seeing an improvement. I did. I had to learn to kiss my buy-ins goodbye and just go play my game. Sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. I prosper in sng's and small trnys so that's where I play the most, but I love playing Omaha and it's variants so I "practice" when I play in those games.
I wish I could go back to '08, when I started my online journey. Aaaaaahhh, I miss the Merge sites.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
just love poker to wake up in the morning and good thoughts will give strength all day friend

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As soon as I limp, play outside my normal range, or play out of position I lose quite quickly. I am more likely to stay focused and make ITM when I pay for the tournament. I guess I don't respect the idea that I have nothing to lose in a freeroll (I'm not an all in all the time player). I play too loose after awhile especially if I'm doing well.

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
you should take a rest when that happens, some times is not bad luck, just bad desisions based on your mood.

Top 10 Games