how to return?

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How to return to a normal poker game and get out of this tilt, and it's been more than 2 weeks, only disappointments, although I try to learn and study and I think my level of play has increased, but for some reason I can't adjust to the game adequately.

S

sumdumguy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First: don't think about what happened, you lost, accept it, forget it.
Second: for some reason you start well and end badly, why? because that's the way the game is.
Third: just because you're on a roll with 2, 3, 4 or 10 hands in a row doesn't mean you won't lose more than you won.
Fourth: the position is fundamental, the range of cards, the number of players in the pot, study that, it's very, very important. (AA is sometimes not good in BT or UTG when there are more than 5 catchers inside the pot)
Fifth: Practice makes perfect. You can practice with fictitious money or with a free ICM trainer, it's for SnG but it will help you a lot to know how to play shortstack.
Sixth: Enjoy the game! play for fun and learn, if you play to get rich with that mentality, you don't last long at tournaments, much less at cash tables.
Good luck and I hope these little tips help you. See you at the tables!

C

Cisne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bad beats happen, so be patient.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good question raised, that, all players pass, including me in this situation. Perhaps our mistake is believing in our own strategies that were successful in the past.
After seeing your question, I'm actually going to try to regress on my own abilities.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I know this is going to sound weird but what I did to get rid of tilt is to become completely emotionless no matter what happens on the table. Tilt is something that must be worked on to better your game. Think of this: When 9 of the best players in the world are on the table playing poker against each other, who has the advantage then? It’s probably the one that handles tilt better than the others. Good luck!

T

THGE10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I learned a phrase from a good friend and every time bad things happen at the tables I remember:
" This is poker".
After that, I'll go ahead

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
How to return to a normal poker game and get out of this tilt, and it's been more than 2 weeks, only disappointments, although I try to learn and study and I think my level of play has increased, but for some reason I can't adjust to the game adequately.
If you want you can look here... maybe you will find something useful...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
sometimes you just play even well, but something you can't win this happens I think everything will work out soon if you really try and study then at distances you will win just be patient and everything will work out the main thing is to be patient sometimes it's just not your days in poker wait for this moment

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
First: don't think about what happened, you lost, accept it, forget it.
Second: for some reason you start well and end badly, why? because that's the way the game is.
Third: just because you're on a roll with 2, 3, 4 or 10 hands in a row doesn't mean you won't lose more than you won.
Fourth: the position is fundamental, the range of cards, the number of players in the pot, study that, it's very, very important. (AA is sometimes not good in BT or UTG when there are more than 5 catchers inside the pot)
Fifth: Practice makes perfect. You can practice with fictitious money or with a free ICM trainer, it's for SnG but it will help you a lot to know how to play shortstack.
Sixth: Enjoy the game! play for fun and learn, if you play to get rich with that mentality, you don't last long at tournaments, much less at cash tables.
Good luck and I hope these little tips help you. See you at the tables!
Sound advice, I couldn't have said it better!

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Take a break, it's free. You just need time to stabilize your mental state. The break will allow you to regain your form and reach a new quality level of the game.

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It's only been 2 weeks. Overall 20 some year winning player at micro/low stakes. I've had rough stretches last weeks and months. Also if you only play MTT's you can go more then a year easy without a decent score/cash. Variance is a hell of a thing.

You can take if you're that on tilt or frustrated I've needed to in the past. I good poker, family, outside and real life balance is important to being a wining player and helping with tilt.

Really though it's only been 2 weeks I can imagine needing a break already. I'd just keep at it, maybe move down in stakes(if possible) and keep studying of course. Maybe spend more time studying watching poker during a downswing. I also do this as it helps your game and saves you money as you're not playing during a downswing to lose.

Cheers!!!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You need to stop worrying. There are different ways to... maybe antidepressants. After you've calmed down, start keeping stats on the players. Just write down whether the player is aggressive or taut, how often he folded on the board. Try to look at your game from the outside. Maybe come up with a strategy for yourself. All this will help you, I'm sure. :cool:(y)

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Don't worry too much about losing, everyone loses.
The important thing is to get out of this cycle.
I use a way to get over this bad stage by staying away from playing for a while.
Then I come back stronger than before.

Mantinhoo

Mantinhoo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LT
Chips
Ask yourself maybe you are better off without poker? if not, then look at failures as lessons, analyze why this happened. if the cards fell out not in your favor, then luck will still come someday, this is always the case.

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Improve your psychology more than your game
Understand what emotional attachment is and how can you get over it

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have you posted hands on this site and others to see if its really tilt or not to be rude but maybe your play?
I ask because some folks think they're ahead in hands and there are numerous spots where they should not have played hands or done something differently to avoid bad spots so I would see if that's it first.

But whatever it is the folks here will try to help.

GL

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hello brother
Look, I'm telling you as an anecdote so that you realize what variance is.
Yesterday because of my bankroll situation I started throwing my first bullets in NL5 cash.
I lost 4 boxes in almost an hour.
The 1st was a flopped flush versus a 4 quads of eights
The 2nd a pair of Aces all-in against a flopped A10 set of 10s
The 3rd A pair of QQ allin versus a pair of JJ peak J flop
The 4th A pair of KKs against a pair of 10s I skewer 10s on the flop
So far 4 boxes in an hour was practically to retire.
Then with a lot of luck, click set on the turn in an allin KK versus QQ in which the opponent on the flop had clicked the Q.
Then I already in Deep Stack I faced a player who had half the stack than me with KK he me with 1010 click All in click 10 on river.
And so on, I finish my poker section with a profit of $4
As a friend of ours used to say "this is poker".
If you don't get used to this, it's very difficult to move on. So meditate, do some exercise that allows you to understand that this is a game. That in the long run the one who plays well prevails, and that the variance exists for everyone!!!
A big hug brother and come back with very good energy
Greetings:):):)

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tilt is an emotional state. The first to know if this is emotional or playing wrong. Once you find out why, just act on the cause.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're really struggling at this time and tilting the best think you can do is take a break from the game. You can use the time to relax or even study poker but don't play. Take a week and see how you feel. At my worst I too nearly a month off. When I came back my mental game was stronger and many time I would do well after the break.

Hope this helps you.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
stay focused, if you are doing everything right and still keep losing don't give up and just like that it's just a variance, now if you have a bad game better study more

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The first thing you need to understand is that the problem with tilt is your inner state. In order to stop tilting, you need to calm your emotions, maybe even take a break from poker for a while. Poker should be played relaxed, calm, in a good mood, then there will be good results and there will be no tilt. When a downswing starts, in this case, little depends on the player, it all depends on the circumstances. And tilt, on the contrary, depends entirely on the player. You need to learn how to manage yourself and your emotions, and then the tilt will go away. Good luck in your games.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Do your best to forget and move on, and learn from the losses. If you need to, move down in stakes until you get through your downslope and tilt.

In case you've seen Ted Lasso and get this reference:

Goldfish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would take a short break from playing a few days or maybe weeks without poker!!!

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Find the games that suit you. I found I needed to play deeper stack and slower gameplay than turbos and hypers. The all in pre flop style in quick games was killing my game. It’s more about luck in those situations. Make sure you are playing the right game that suits you, even if it means waiting longer for people to join the game.