whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
In my opinion it is a very nice and detailed article, also with good graphics for explanation of poker. But honestly for me there is one thing missing. A clear chart of card combinations. Well, you try to explain this with the one graphic where the players sitting at the table. But I guess, I would add one list of combinations descending on their values, so that the newbie has a good overview, what counts how much. Probably in this style:
Royal Flush - Pic of cards
Straight Flush - Pic of cards
Quads - Pic of cards
etc.....
I think, real newbies even don't know this. I remember when I started to play with my mum, she always took that chart, that was included in the poker set to see, what she has now.

jerlasvegas

jerlasvegas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This article is very comprehensive and well written. The only think I can think of is what another poster mentioned. A chart ranking for hands with graphics.

The explanations for how the flow of the game works should be very helpful to new players to the game. Prior to coming to this site, I used many other resources, but this one does a very good job of putting all of the information in one place.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
many new poker players lack patience so it is a great skill to master,YES, many may believe that the bluff will win , but forget it is only good in a few situtaions and a loosing tactic if used too much, Have seen many very crude at tables and would stress to them to slow the talk down as they will face many of the same players again, Another know ur costs and dont get involved in bigger stakes unless youre willing to pay to learn

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An excellent guide for beginners. But I'm afraid that playing with money after reading this would be too risky. Although, if the game will only have free chips for entertainment - this is a good way to teach your friends to play.

At the expense of names - is a man's name? Judging by the hair, in the picture - a guy:
4Ak7GJaSyyzqKA.jpg

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, dont get me wrong, most CC articles are well written and with nice information. This article miss the most important thing. A poker hand ranking chart.

For me when I try to teach beginners how to play texas holdem for the first time, I find that the most important lesson to teach is the basic hands, with examples. And while there are hand ranking charts, it is not easy to find a good analytical one. Like it can say HIGH CARD and just have :6d4::2s4::8h4::7d4::ad4: with no explanation at all. Hand rankings is the most basic and hard thing for beginners to learn.

Last edited:
C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before dealing the flop, turn, river you need put 1 card down. But new players always think it is scam. And you need to explain them - No, it's not.

Thank's for information about Buy-ins. I didn't know there is limit on buy-in in No Limit.

cskwin

cskwin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is an interesting hand tonight I had 45 offsuit and villain had QJ diamond. I was on the button since i was not getting more than 15 hands nothing I decided to play this hand.
Villain raised 3x and I called.
Flop 6-7-J - Villain raised half pot and I called
Turn is 6 again - Villain made a mistake and made a small bet. I called.
River is 3 - Villain go all in and did called.

I was checking Villains play before hands so i had gut feeling that Villain is not having full house and there is no possibility of flush on the board.

it was little easy call for me that all in made me to double up. but its not going to be all the time success. hope it helps some one. cheers.

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best advices we can see today about playing your best game at the tables:
1)be focused !
2)Try to improve your game every time you play( try new strategies, look any interesting poker videos that available today and try to analize it and took maybe something you didnt know/tried before)
3) Enjoy game! Very important part, we should enjoy playing poker! Get ready to win and loose.
Good luck everyone

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I do not know if it would be a good teacher because I'm still improving, but it could help with the basics with which hand beats which. in so play patiently wait for the right hand to get involved in a pot and play safe with hands strong AA KK AKs.
as I said I'm not a good teacher more so I ivitei many losses.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to teach friends and family a game. No one else plays with me. They said that I'm a fraud and a liar.
I explained this bluff. They did not listen.
My wife took everything I had won from everyone, and my grandfather said that for me the strap was still crying)))))
now I play only online .

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Patience in order to tell them the rules and not many players would be fine , around 5-6 for a cash game. I am saying that because in a home game everybody wants to see a flop and they never fold and OK to be honest everybody wants to do a successful bluff. So they your home game opponents are difficult to read.

No limit is the top variation I would never play a Limit hold em . Keep rebuying makes the fun worthless :)

Last but not least players who play for fun don't need 100 buy ins in order to participate. A pro could play more than 100 hands in order to find a spot to shove his whole stack in the middle.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Texas Holdem has the simplest rules and the easiest to learn it is to play. everyone can learn to play in 5 minutes..I think it is most difficult for new players to learn the hand strenght (hand ranking)..

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Texas Holdem has the simplest rules and the easiest to learn it is to play. everyone can learn to play in 5 minutes..I think it is most difficult for new players to learn the hand strenght (hand ranking)..
There is a winged expression.
The son asks the father: how much time does it take to learn poker?
All my life, son.

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a winged expression.
The son asks the father: how much time does it take to learn poker?
All my life, son.
I understand you, but I wrote about the rules(quick to learn for new players), not about the STRATEGY..

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand you, but I wrote about the rules(quick to learn for new players), not about the STRATEGY..
OK my friend.
Then let's say so.
Poker can be studied in 5 minutes.
But in order to learn how to win it, you may need a lifetime.

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A solid article for beginners, more detailed and informative than most. However, unless I'm mistaken, its missing a table of hand rankings. Can't learn any type of poker without knowing what beats what.

After these basics have been learned, I would just advise new players to keep in mind that poker is game of player vs. player, not hand vs. hand.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A solid article for beginners, more detailed and informative than most. However, unless I'm mistaken, its missing a table of hand rankings. Can't learn any type of poker without knowing what beats what.

After these basics have been learned, I would just advise new players to keep in mind that poker is game of player vs. player, not hand vs. hand.
In principle, everything is true. But in the end you talk about meta-poker. Before this level of novice poker is still very early. The beginner should first master hands and positions

wilpinsi

wilpinsi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good article, I will demonstrate to my friends that they do not know anything about Poker, so I can make them participate more of our nights
Poker and friends, is wonderful

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the article. It is useful to completely new players. For me, nothing new. ))) But the newcomer it will be useful!

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last edited:
wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This article is perfect for those who have no idea of the game and certainly after the beginner read will have a basic notion of how to play texas holdem, I have nothing to add in the article because in my point of view is perfect.

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Alexandr Svinarshyk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would prefer new players to read this article and gave a mobile application with the game so they just understood how to play. I personally learned to play with the mobile application.

Dejange

Dejange

CC Delija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
It is a great article covering all the aspects of Holdem poker game!
I can not find anything else worth to add, just becoming curious when exactly the Holdem version of poker started to be so popular :confused:
I remember the first video machines here in Bulgaria introduced 5 draw game in late 80's/ early 90's :) No signs for Holdem at that time ...

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very good explanation to teach people just starting to play poker. What happened to me many times is that some players found it difficult to remember which hand beats another hand, this will add to the article. As well as the kiker hands and that the same applies. I hope my comment will serve you. Greetings.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Very interesting article a lot of bravo in the forum that goes into the process and creates such own articles!
based on my poker experience, I will not say any more than what the article says, but for a new player in poker all I have to say is not to bet above what I can. especially in cash! and also to look more at having fun than thinking about making money easy !! :) :)