How much winnings is enough?

M

Mc_Terp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found when playing live its really important to play as much as you can when the table is softer, and you should be winning more often. And then play less when the table is tough. So really it shouldn't be based on how much you have won. Another important factor is playing when you are energized and feeling good! Good luck

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, it wouldn't be about raking in one huge cash, it would be about constantly pulling in about 100K per year, year in and year out so that I could support my family and not have to keep a regular job.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time is never enough until u loose it all. and come back for another session and you win what you loose then its enough and is actually when you stop playing.

ChipEaterMan

ChipEaterMan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I´ll stop when I reach a million dollars.
Still a long way to go

($999999)
:D

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Unfortunately, I do not have any winnings with which I can boast. At the moment, I spend money on the game, about 20-30 dollars a month. But I never spend more than this amount. This is my limit for a month.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Once you become familiar with the game you are playing, figure out how much you can realistically win. Then before you begin a session set an amount that you want to win, then once you reach that amount, leave.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
hello I like to leave the table when I double or triple, or I also set a time limit win or lose I retire

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would like to 100$/week.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I would stop at $2M and anything beyond that would go to charity.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep playing until I am tired or have to go somewhere.:):):)

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play a set hour limit and only quit early if I feel I'm not playing my best or tilting. If a game is real juicy I may stay a little longer at table past my limit.
I just love your tagline:) One that argues alot..:2in1:

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play til I cant hold my eyes open, or on a super bad tilt.

D

djsviga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on your goals, it is very relative. What you need is at least a little plan what are you going to do BEFORE you start your session and stick to it, discipline in poker is a huge thing. GL!

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I can win, I can also lose. For me no winning is enough. I just fixed a maximum limit I can afford to lose. Every thing else happens automatic. It safeguards my winnings and check loses. An example will clarify the things.

Suppose, the fixed limit I can afford to lose anytime is $10/-.
So I start with balance $10/-.
At certain point, say, my balance stands at $35/. I have to continue playing. I can’t quit the game unless I lose $10/- (The fixed limit I can afford to lose at any stage of the play). In other words, I will stop playing when my balance drops down to $25/- which means a gain of $15/-

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When i 3x my buy in I'm usually gone! But it depends on your bank if i got $20 for eg. If i win $5 and up I'm done for the day. Setting limits before playing is an important factor when playing poker. If you get greedy you'll find yourself losing with the best hands then chasing losses! So be mindful!

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While I can win, I can also lose. For me no winning is enough. I just fixed a maximum limit I can afford to lose. Every thing else happens automatic. It safeguards my winnings and check loses. An example will clarify the things.

Suppose, the fixed limit I can afford to lose anytime is $10/-.
So I start with balance $10/-.
At certain point, say, my balance stands at $35/. I have to continue playing. I can’t quit the game unless I lose $10/- (The fixed limit I can afford to lose at any stage of the play). In other words, I will stop playing when my balance drops down to $25/- which means a gain of $15/-
This is a good way to play as well but that's if you have that kind of cash. I don't have that luxury so i can't afford it but when i cash decently again I'll try your method!