15 to 20 percent of roi in tournaments is acceptable

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep on playing after wins?

I have learned that the best strategy for me is to take a break. I have found that concentration can diminish, sometimes dramatically, from continuing to play.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris Ferguson recommend like more than 5% of your BR get out. Or 2.5x of starting stack. The hands shift in value when you go DEEP (150BB or more) stay away from maniacs deep.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It always depends. Sometimes I'm playing simultaneous tournaments. In that case I keep on playing no matter what. Sometimes I put myself a Daily goal. Sometimes I just wanna keep going or I get tire or fatigue. As long as it doesn't feel like an obsession

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
then you yourself must decide this!

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not have a bankroll for the game, I play when I have freerolls and wins from them, but I think 500k will be enough for me, then there will be a game for fun

R

Rubenianum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning

I allways play 2 tables at the same time,
but on the win i take 2 tables extra.

I just stop when my eyes drop. 😀😀
But dat works for me.

Regards
Rubenianum

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
double my buy in = good
triple = great
anything above that, immediately quit for a beer run and loud music celebration.
Any bad loss = quit and reevaluate life while watching live poker videos and binge on desserts.

roger perkins

roger perkins

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He who dies with the most toys, still dies. winning is relevant to what you are playing for. are you playing to make a living? are you playing to make a name? are you playing for fun? never make anything you do just about the money. enjoy life. that being said i always set my limits of how much i want to win and how much i am willing to lose. set your limits and stick with them. once you have hit your high point check out for the session or start a new session on a different table.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you're playing well, why would you stop playing? If I'm + or - has no bearing on whether or not I'm ending my session. I will play for as long as I feel like playing. I'm typically playing FastForward game & so I'll play 2 or 3,000 hands in a session. (at a rate of ~ 1,000/hr., 4-tabling)

G

Gr34tWh1t3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I was one of those guys that know when to stop to but unfortunately for me this has cost me quite a few times a lot of $ the only times I stop playing is when I can't keep my eyes open,when I run out of time and have to do something with family or when I run out of funds ;(

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i try to at least double or triple my money but if im running good and i got a few good reads on some players i will stick it out until i feel the need to walk away.
tho sometimes its too late lol

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you start to win, you will start making infinite plans .. you can think of things you never thought about, you will say that it is time to buy this or that ... and you will always have something in mind for what to invest ... it will never be enough.

J

JSLuckySJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play more for fun than for making money.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm leaving after the winning session to block my winnings.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like once I start playing bad or running bad, my winnings or losses are enough.

K

kristersb123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's about how much you have deposited

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not play based on profit

There's probably two equally good ways to play cash game sessions:

1. Hours -- Kinda like a part time job, you set your hours and play more of less within them.

2. Hands -- This isn't as rigid, because sometimes you might be forced to play more than normal because your number of hands is lower than normal.

Again, don't be like "Okay, I'm going to win 3 buy-ins a day, I'll play until I hit that everyday", because that's a nightmare.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I keep playing to have enough money to buy what I want.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually fix my profit after a winning session

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I play poker for only 7 months, so at the moment I play not for the sake of money, but for the sake of gaining experience. I believe that in no case can you be greedy. Greed usually leads to poverty. Therefore, I believe that it is better after the victory to stop and analyze the game well in order to avoid mistakes in the future and to be ready for victories.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
NDBB96K.png

F

fernando21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Till you get broke ? haha. I only play in tournaments, so I play a couple a day no matter if I finish with positive or negative balance.

D

DjDen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! I don’t play cash games, but I’ve done the following in tournaments, if I got to the final table, I finish the game and I don’t play more that day, because the MTT sessions are usually long and the next day I think better about how to manage the winnings ))

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on my mindset, I'll keep playing win or lose. Making the right calls and have good grasp on the table dynamics, might as well play. When not as focused then I end the session.