How much poker do you play a day?

Z

Zin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 3-4 hrs per day on week nights, 6+ hrs per day on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

D

DeadlyAim

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess Im in the minority. I play when I can... but take long breaks.

As a beginner I played what every one is saying maybe not everyday but 3-6 days... but I play a lot... but too much is bad feel you get tired... and can only play so much at optimum level.

Unless your pro you should have school or work so its a night thing. A lot of people play a lot of meaningless games like Call of Duty for days or watch mindless tv... at least here your improving a skill of sorts.

I have a decade on my belt I take long breaks to focus work/life or studies. But in my breaks I play 2-5 days or so I enter about 3+ sometimes 8 tourneys... my plan is usually 4. I plan to win. I usually last a good hr minimum more like 1.5+ hrs regardless of game... Turbo or satellites are quicker and shorter.

I play good almost always losing to better straights or K9 v AK bad beats. When busy I play 1-2 tourneys Sunday that are biggest cash ones.

I find when I take breaks I come back stronger so I do that as a result. New Years time get time off + big tourneys so I play...

3-5 days 3-9 hrs... sometimes just wait for tourneys... but on a long day I can play almost 12 hrs straight... I take breaks in between cause I know my style. Play "my style games" no Turbo... regular... with 200+ players... good sized stack. I play odds so if 36 cashes and 150 players its 5 to 1 odds that is as high as I go. On rebuys it is higher sometimes only 30 lose but I enter those due to higher payouts sometimes. 3 to 1 are easy cashes and get in bubble at least with frequency. A 6-7 to one is pushing it so I like style non-Turbo + cash is good.

Free tourneys are easier. Everyone calls I got in play money one yesterday beat everyone WS qualifier tix... I spend 250K playmoney 1/2 my stack was like 5 tix and 9 people are you kidding me and 2 chances. I KOed 4 people and the first 3... lol... kept testing me till final 5 are like damn he's good.

I think since, your new figure out not how many hours but quality time you can play... eventually you burn out hrs consecutive a day, consecutive days played... are you a night person or morning (I lost/missed those damn early ones).

Playing everyday I can't do it... I guess I could but I'd have to quit everything and be a pro. With this economy who knows lol... Im taking the semi-standard route on that. Its good to manage your chip stack before you try big time... take it slow when you start out $ tourneys. Its better to be great at lower stakes than mediocre at higher ones.

W

WR_CC

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker just a hobby. 3-4 tournaments or sit'n'go in a week. Trying to built a bankroll from 0. :D

ccocco

ccocco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally play on average 2 or 3 hours a day sometimes more, but I do like fun and I try to take care of my bankroll and do not risk a lot of money, play occasionally some mtt to see if I get to the final table or least a little collection to raise my bankroll. in synthesis I take it as entertainment but who tells you if you ever do not hit a great tournament .. hehehe. PS game. Greetings.

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2-15 hours/day. There is no constants of playing

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends of what I'm playing in that day. If MTT's, I probably play 3-4 hours per day. If cash game, usually less than 3 hours unless the session is very good.

T

Tiltt2424

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the day but I'd say I spend about 4-5 hours on average.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I probably play a few hours a month.

DaBrowner

DaBrowner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couple hours during week and alot of hours on weekend.

CAMurray

CAMurray

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weekdays (Daytime) 2-3 hrs 1/3L and 2-3 Hrs 1/2NL (depending on when the NL table opens)

Weekends (Evenings) 4-5 hrs of 1/2 or 3/5 NL depending on who's playing what.

The above games are live

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 7.40.36 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-01-01 at 7.40.36 PM.jpg
    468.3 KB · Views: 128
Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play 4+ hours a day. I start at 16:00(ish) and don't enter any new games after 20:00 so it can be more than 6 hours if I go deep in the last one I enter.

Have to admit though that I have only played 2 or 3 games since Christmas.

T

Titleist1977

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play about 3 hours or so in a week & about 5 or so on the weekends. Also depends if there are any good tournaments for me to play in to.

S

Sneaky Feet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow you guys all sound like professionals playing so many hours! What would you say your average hourly income is? Is there anyone here that plays for a living?

WeenieSVK

WeenieSVK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play from 12 to 16 SNGs, its about 3-4 hours. I wish I could play more often :/

BenjiHustle

BenjiHustle

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 5 half-hour sessions a day. It's very much on the low end, but I have responsibilities that take up much of my time. The reality is that I need to get good at multi-tabling to make the most of my time, because I would love to get 8 hours worth of play out of my available time.

zegaum

zegaum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
An average of 2, 3 hours per day in SnG Low stackes.

midgetfactory

midgetfactory

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play about 5 hours a week, full time work andd too tired to play in the evenings. used to play alot more, but falling out of love with the game

zjohnzzz

zjohnzzz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
couple hrs day, omaha h/l ring my fav

S

suxkysuxky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I PLAY ON AVERAGE 10 20 A DA MOSTLY freerolls ON FULL TILT MOSTLY HOLDEN BUT I PLAY THE NEW TO THE GAME FREEROLLS WHICH ARE NOT HOLDEN AS I AM NOT ELIGABLE FOR THE HOLDEN ONES ANYMORE.
MY FAVOURITE GAME BESIDES HOLDEN IS PROBABLY RAZZ!!!!!

just noticed i left caps lock on
:p

L

LukeSilver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make my money from online poker but make about the wages someone in McDonalds in hondorous gets. but now I cant play for 72 hours when usually I play every day for six hours plus so now im going to sit in my room alone and cry.

J

jancika77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 1-2 hrs per day weekends included. Use to play 5-6 hours daily on pokerstars. Now I got new job so i do not have that much time anymore.

luckytvguy

luckytvguy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me,multitabling,no other work,30 sng's a day.

Y

Yadoula

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, you guys play a lot of really low stakes poker.. Get on the cash games, read my tiny thread, and start making real money for your efforts.

G

gabsantos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
good game really good 3 to 5 hours daily freerolls game and some sitandgo .. my rooms pokerstars and fulltilt poker Bovada poker sometimes .. regards

S

shaazy712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play 2 to 3 hours a day in the week and longer on the weekends if i am home.