Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I would like to know from CardsChat friends, how many times they received a pair of JJ , and managed to win the hand with them. I don't know about you but I can count on my fingers the times I received this pair and pulled my hand, either I'm very cold feet or this pair of JJ doesn't like me. I appreciate the comments.

J

JJLakes

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same here,I have definitely lost,probably way more times with JJ than won.In a more serious tourney I will not call an all in with JJ.I don't know what it is but I'm with you on that.I'm sure a lot of people might disagree maybe because they have had a lot of luck with that "cursed" pair.

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi

JJ are cards that have a high losing percentage, they are not cards that give you security by leaving with all the chips.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would like to know from CardsChat friends, how many times they received a pair of JJ , and managed to win the hand with them. I don't know about you but I can count on my fingers the times I received this pair and pulled my hand, either I'm very cold feet or this pair of JJ doesn't like me. I appreciate the comments.
I usually win w/JJ when I play them in late-pos, raise a nice amount in early-pos, and call a nice raise in the blinds and get a nice flop like 10-8-Jr or 2J2. Racing w/them, in other words shoving and/or calling w/them is almost always a flip. They're really a hand to sniff out better pairs or a nice A, a flop worthy hand. Wouldn't recommend shoving w/them unless there's a short-stack close by to the left or you happen to be the shorter-stack. GL.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hardly ever play JJ's gotta be the worst hand because it always seems to get beaten

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Some love it, some hate it, JJ.

I talked to a very top player on twitch, I asked if he has done any study on the frequencies of the results if they are similar to live poker results, he said yes, through the support software you check that the probabilities of the hands of winning pre flop holds. But my impression is that some sites have more bad bets than others. Regarding JJ, every time I play this hand against players in early position I lose most of the time and with JJ in late position it's an excellent hand.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since this hand is so unlucky for you, try using it for a set mining ))

Im with my fellow cat on this try and mine a set otherwise thread with caution or just jam shortstacked.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is not without challenges.

If you are looking for a shove-worthy hand, JJ is definitely not it. JJ is to be played cautiously, not worth risking your stack on. If you have stack and position, it is worth playing, though.
When players are close to the bubble, only the brave play JJ with any strength. It has more weaknesses than strengths.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
About 50% of the time it kills me. Hard to fold against LAG players, but it seems to attract over cards.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it usually happens, it is a good hand, but you should always study the context to go all in with that hand, for example today I was eliminated from a tournament I had JJ and ME stagnate with AA of the opponent, I knew I had that hand, but anyway I went all in, sometimes I have to learn to fold that hand against utg that makes you a forbet.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
This is a good and strong couple, all you need is to be able to use the situation correctly. I play with such a pair very aggressively, and I usually have good results.
Good luck.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say with pocket jacks that in my opinion it is easier to get out of the hand once you see a higher paint card. Jacks is mainly to put pressure pre flop and not get into a betting war.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ - TT are always tricky to play. If you 3 bet them, you make your opponent fold worse hands. Also they block opponents 3 bet folding range which has J and T.
JJ - TT are never favorite when the ranges get narrower. So they need to be played cautiously.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When I receive JJ I know I will be eliminated! Most of the time I throw this pair except when there is no bet!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I lose with JJ, but they make up for it by the times JJ wins for me jk jk :D

Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
JJ hand is just a pair. As well as AA, KK and QQ. Many people have high expectations from these hands. And this is a big mistake. If a person does not understand this, then such hands may not be played for profit.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
To much times. ...But...Two or three times I won a lot of chips. It's question of my chip account and how many people going with me in this hand. I don't risk to much any more with JJ.

StomatologT

StomatologT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I completely agree with the opinion that JJ is a very sneaky hand. When you see a pair like that, you get excited, but then you see aces, kings, queens, and queens, or doubled smalls on the table. After that, huge bets follow, all the way up to all-in, which only makes you want to fold that hand.:(

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I've probably won with them as many times as I've lost with them. When the table gets down to four or five players, they become more potent. And if you're in late position without any major raises ahead of you they're even more potent. One of my fondest hands that I think back on often was in a game full of tight aggressive players. Everyone folded ahead of me. Blinds 150-300. I had the biggest chip stack, but not by much. I was just before the button and went all in with JJ. All three players called. The button had QQ. Small blind had KK and blind had AA. What are the odds of that? Then JJ came on the flop. Unbelievable.

044hero

044hero

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely agree with the opinion that JJ is a very sneaky hand. When you see a pair like that, you get excited, but then you see aces, kings, queens, and queens, or doubled smalls on the table. After that, huge bets follow, all the way up to all-in, which only makes you want to fold that hand.:(
Like my last tourney last night)) JJ vs AA and go home boyyy)

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
O! How many times have I lost with AA! In any case, the expectation from the pair of JJ is lower. It means that losing is not so insulting.:)

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't get angry, it's a hand that's less likely than others, so if you've lost with AA, which has happened to me in many moments, nothing happens to keep playing, it's part of poker.

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Eh, you never know when your jacks will win, only aces are better ;)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
surprize :) , not that many times :)