How many hours can you play?

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play between 6 and 7 hours, I'm an amateur, retired and if I need to play for a longer time I play and I don't usually get tired

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It´s for amateurs.
How many hours can you play per day?
It´s not easy to play correctly if I´m tired after work or house job.
Because each person has the limit to decise thing.
Poker requires us to decise each hand (4 times or more).
Therefore, it makes me tired after games.
I generally use 5 to 6 hours to play in these times of pandemic, before I used 3 or 4 hours. But it all depends, for example in tournaments of the levels you can reach, this takes you to play more or less time.:jd4:

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opinion

hello friend, you can play many hours, but remember also that family requires time and space, not everything is poker, there are other things too

motonutz

motonutz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
14 hrs!?!? I wanna know more...

Well, I just finished a session that lasted 14 hours. I usually play 8-12 hours 6 tables every day, while watching something on the computer.

Hello yeah I do the same thing play poker while playing a documentary on the computer.

But yeah I want to know more about this 14-hour game you played. What was the buy-in? What were the stakes? How many people entered the tournament? And how did you find the place after 14 hours did you make it to the final table? And if not what was your take you must have made it to the bubble after 14 hours.

Very interesting post thanks for sharing

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I MAXIMUM THE GAME IS 3 HOURS AND DOING OTHER THINGS ON THE COMPUTER BUT I AM BORED AND DISCONTINUED, IF THE TOURNAMENT GOES FOR LONG AND MY BACK HURTS I GO ALL IN TO THE MEDIUM-GOOD CARDS THAT THEY GIVE ME.

B

Backlash

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree it is exhausting when playing correctly. These summer days, with minimal hours available due to work, I usually just play super loose early in freerolls. If I hit, I commit, If not I got got....:)
Usually no more than 2 hours and some change if I go deep per night. If got, then about 20 minutes.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that when you sit down to play you don't think of a time limit, but that hurts you in the game
I can play for the duration of a tournament

L

Leftz500

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Can play 30 hours but typically dont like going past 14 hours brain gets fried

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
up to 20 hours, but the more time passes, the mind performance drops.

S

Spheremaster

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
up to 5-6 hours max...

have a nice day :)

Happylake

Happylake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi bro! As an amateur, I play on average 4-6 hours a day, after work. On weekends from 2-8 hours. If I get very tired, then the game is not going very well. Poker is an intellectual game, and my brain is constantly fed during the game.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends but I play a minimum of 6 hours a day if I can. If I ran bad I stop early and come back tomorrow. Well I am young I could for 10 hours or more If I need to.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can last about 3 - 3.5 hours.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Depends on the reason why I am playing, and how I am feeling at the time, Poker is a hobby for me and a fun game, Sure I like to win, doesn't everyone? But at the same time winning is not everything, It is all down to the chase! How you play the game, that is what I feel is really important.
Winning becomes less important, than playing your best game, We all suffer from bad beats and suck-outs from time to time, if you can smile at defeat and laugh at these bad beats you can comeback and play better because we all should learn from our mistakes, and not let it get you down or upset.
Playing Poker after having a argument with your spouse, or yelling at the kids, does not give you the right attitude to playing your best game, and can lead to putting you on "tilt" and making dumb mistakes, but with the right frame of mind and the right approach to the game, I can play for hours!
I have played between 8-10 Sit and Goes and a Free-roll tournament in one sitting, But only when I am alone in the house, and I can switch the phone off, I stopped playing Multi-table game's years ago, and only ever play one game at a time now, I find it more fun! Because Poker is Fun!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I can play between 6 and 8 hours minimum, then they cut me out of my house and make a living from poker:D

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play 3-4 hours if I have time. And then only at night, when everyone is asleep.

S

satriyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have played up to 7-8 hours. But the best would be 4 hours maximum

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play one or 2 tournaments per day ... and hence the time it takes me in the day

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
2-3 hours, but not every day, most often in the evenings.

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
4-6 hours a day is more than enough.

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play a few hours a day. Sometimes it seems that spin & go takes a long time, but they end in 5 minutes. The main thing is that there is enough money.