How many games are you comfortable multi-tabling and why?

How many tables do you play at a time?

Votes: 11 8.7%

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 77 60.6%

• Total voters
M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play just one. I've tried more (had three monitors linked, so plenty of room) but did not enjoy it. That was as good a reason as any for giving it up. I like to know that when I win it's because I have outplayed the others, not because sheer numbers of hands dealt have meant that enough decent cards came, and I was lucky enough, to end up in profit.

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Strokin07

: EEK: In cash games usually play at three tables so more chances to win more money in tournaments for two as they pass a few hours just simply tired eyes to monitor a large number of tables.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only one.I prefer to learn my oponents and to focus on the one tournament only.

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two Tables

I can play two tables fairly well. But, no more that that. I have tried to play three and four tables at a time, and it was stressful, no fun, and I could not keep up.

So,back to the one table.

Mike

Shamaniski

Shamaniski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the older I get the less I can handle. When I first started playing I would 9 table usually. Now I 4 table most of the time.

21sam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to see all the tables where I play and since I have 2 not big monitors with my desktop and notebook it's comfortable for me to play 2-3 games at the same time. Don't like to play only premium hands on 20 tables with no time to think as many do.

adamchikas

adamchikas

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seriously, I have no idea how those guys play 10 tables at a time. I can play up to 4, but even then I am not very efficient. 2 tables is just perfect for me, there action almost all the time and I control everything that happens at both tables.

strokin07

strokin07

Kindly Gladiator
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Playing four tables as a time to count outs, or a game of chance?

How to have time to consider outs playing four tables at once, or simply rely on luck.

S

SerbGangsta7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
4-5 max or else it becomes annoying with the sound.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start with two and work my way up.

Two tables may be slow, but I use that time to take some notes of the table's hand range, betting styles, and etc.

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

KUN_AGUERO_KROOS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
More than 3 gives me panic disorder

S

SavedByLeBell

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to strictly only play one to focus on learning and watching other player, but with practice you can move up to more and more.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
There are times I play 2 or 3 at a time, but it's rare.

So, I have to wonder for all of those who play 3 or more, what's your win/lose ratio, while multitabling?

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1 for me 2 at the most becouse i aint fast enough to keep up becouse of medical issues, thats why i`m so slow sorry for this to the players who on same table as me

12shark4u

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I can usually handle up to 10 tables either cash or MTTS cant mix em

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't seem to handle more than 2. Plus playing on a laptop so screen real estate is lacking...

P

pokahqueen623

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How many games I am comfortable playing.

I prefer to play just one, to stay focused, but have played two. No more than would I play. It is too easy to have a table pop up, and click thinking you are at another table, and make big and costly mistakes. PQ :elefant:

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, I have to wonder for all of those who play 3 or more, what's your win/lose ratio, while multitabling?

Poker winnings aren't measured in a game win/loss ratio. They're measured in winrate, which can be in bb/100 or hourly.

For those who multi-table, and do it correctly, their bb/100 will typically drop as tables are added because they will player fewer hands, but their hourly rate stands to increase. As they gain proficiency at multi-tabling, they can actually think through hands, contrary to popular belief, and bring their bb/100 close to where it was with fewer tables. Especially if they use a HUD which is really a must for playing a lot of tables. I actually play worse at 1 or 2 tables most of the time because I'm bored stiff. When you get used to playing a lot of tables, there's almost no going back. Liquidity is low where I play now and getting more than 4 tables going at once is rare. I really miss playing more, because even 4 will bore me and cause me to surf or watch a video while I play. Back in the heyday of FullTilt, 12-16 tables was my norm.

When bonuses and rakeback is taken into consideration, multi-tabling will almost always be more profitable assuming if approached correctly. Even a slightly losing player can make money multi-tabling with rb and bonuses due to the sheer number of hands played per hour.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Experience and the experience of the game but even worse.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker winnings aren't measured in a game win/loss ratio. They're measured in winrate, which can be in bb/100 or hourly.

For those who multi-table, and do it correctly, their bb/100 will typically drop as tables are added because they will player fewer hands, but their hourly rate stands to increase. As they gain proficiency at multi-tabling, they can actually think through hands, contrary to popular belief, and bring their bb/100 close to where it was with fewer tables. Especially if they use a HUD which is really a must for playing a lot of tables. I actually play worse at 1 or 2 tables most of the time because I'm bored stiff. When you get used to playing a lot of tables, there's almost no going back. Liquidity is low where I play now and getting more than 4 tables going at once is rare. I really miss playing more, because even 4 will bore me and cause me to surf or watch a video while I play. Back in the heyday of FullTilt, 12-16 tables was my norm.

When bonuses and rakeback is taken into consideration, multi-tabling will almost always be more profitable assuming if approached correctly. Even a slightly losing player can make money multi-tabling with rb and bonuses due to the sheer number of hands played per hour.

I was the opposite. I use to grind 5+ tables frequently, but I got burnt out from it. Yeah the HUD definitely helps, but it turns my poker game into a robotic style. When I play fewer tables, I can get a good read on the other players and try to quickly find weaknesses. Like I will immediately find out who will fold to a "float" on the turn without even needing to see my HUD stats.

So now I play 2-3 tables & and slowly work my way up when I feel like I have a good read on the others sitting at my table. The less tables I play, the more time I have to make constructive notes on the others at the table (Hand ranges, betting style, aggression/passive tendencies etc.)

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play no more than 3 tables at a time due to monitor size.

G

guutox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was 4, now is max 2....very very very very slow my head is with huge damage

Alexsandr Kononov

Alexsandr Kononov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Four table max.If you play more carefully and not likely to win is not much

akyurukov

akyurukov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play at least 4,otherwise i get too bored,loose focus and start to play frisky. :)

Top 10 Games