How many games are you comfortable multi-tabling and why?

How many tables do you play at a time?

Votes: 11 8.7%

Votes: 39 30.7%
  • 3 or more

Votes: 77 60.6%

• Total voters
B

Bayern2015

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just play 1 table bacause if i play more i lose my concentration ang i get panic... ;)

infotunes

infotunes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to play one table only. Because I think you get more aware of the players.
Little details of someones play may be not recognized when you play more than 1 table. This will have negative influence on the results is my opinion.

I

IBDMAN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Twelve. That's how many fit on the screen.

Twelve's very exhilarating!

Last edited by a moderator:
A

alexgl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play table 2-4. If you play more - and lose perseverance can make a mistake.

karoolis

karoolis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can fill in 9 tables on my 21 inch monitor. Thinking about second screen :)

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel comfortable with 4 tables at most.
because I put in Tiles mode and so I can see the 4 on pc screen.
but more than 4 is not as comfortable for me.

_xrolex_90

_xrolex_90

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I tried to play on three tables.Good game, I'll tell you if they do not interfere with extraneous factors such as TV, music and girl :D

NoWuckingFurries

NoWuckingFurries

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can handle three and still have fun. More than that I and tend to become more stressed than I want to. I'm not a grinder, obviously, I'm only a recreational player.

M

markrh13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play two at once. Occasionally 3 if they are really tiny limits or one is play money (sometimes I like to give other variants a go without risking anything). Only other time would be if I was playing 2 STT and had registered for a MTT sometime later and both STT took a while to finish.

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
6 comfortably now, I think I will eventually be ok with 8.

Mark Gavr

Mark Gavr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play table 1-2, but the best one as it is fully immersed in the game with one single table.

J

johnny2shoes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only play single table,have tried more but my money dwindles bit by bit. also i just dont enjoy multi tabels, for those like me i suggest 6max or higher staks[bankroll providing offcource] for a more satisfying game, as always guys G,L.

J

Julys

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play max.4 tables, but i like to play one table and concentrated... More than 4 tables it doesn't work for me, i will play in a bad way...I think the best its to play one SNG or tournement, to be sure you make a good game even if u loose

S

SBritt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really about 2 for me. Any more and I'm not able to follow the play styles of others at the table

F

FreshFeeling99

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4, if I have 2 screens, i would like to try 8, playing thight as hell

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last year I was playing 2 cash tables comfortably and increased it to 3 and sometimes 4 to try and increase my volume.
This was not tripling\quadrupling my profit but was more than quadrupling my effort.
So I switched to Zoom and can more easlily hit my volume targets with a steady profit. Next goal this year is to increase to 2 Zoom tables and see how this affects profit.

ucntcme

ucntcme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally play two cash tables and two MTTs. cash tables move quickly enough that during "down time" on the MTTs where sometimes 5-15 min go by without a playing hand, the cash games keep me occupied. Anything more, i think is wasteful.

or3o1990

or3o1990

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can easily play 4 sngs at once along with a couple mtts.

I think I could probably play as many as 8 tables at a time but bovada only let's 4 sngs at once.

Thinker_145

Thinker_145

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I made this thread I was a tournament player. But now I am mostly a cash game player.

I feel I can play more tables of cash games at the same time simply because if any table gets short handed I can simply leave it. I don't think I can stand playing just 1 cash game table that would be too boring. 2 I feel is the optimum but I play 4 tables because 2 still seems quite boring to me since I play a very tight range.

I also tried playing 6 tables and that's where I started making quite serious errors so I think 4 is the optimum level for me.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i only play single table,have tried more but my money dwindles bit by bit. also i just dont enjoy multi tabels, for those like me i suggest 6max or higher staks[bankroll providing offcource] for a more satisfying game, as always guys G,L.

Yeah, I tried 8 tables at once and it became stressful like a job for me LOL.

So mainly I start with two tables and work my way up. I miss out on a lot of important notes though when I play too many tables. For example watching other players bet sizing, hand range from certain positions, play styles and etc. When you play multiple tables you really have to trust your HUD stats when trying to exploit others.

W

Wickedestjr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stick to one table and I doubt that that will ever change.

-Paying attention to other players helps with reading. I don't think you can ever have too much information on your opponents.
-If your focus is not entirely on one table, then I think it's possible to miss many bluff opportunities.
-If you DO have the ability to focus on more than one table, then I think you could capitalize on that by playing on one table and watching other tables in the same tourney. That way you only have to worry about playing in one, but you can still get information on your opponents that will be a nice advantage when tables are closed off.
-Personally, I've tried playing on two tables at once and have found that my play style becomes sort of auto-pilotish which is easy for others to take advantage of.

Top 10 Games