How long can a person play poker?

Einer777

Einer777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is normal to play 6 to 8 hours a day with your rest, but from there it is difficult not to make mistakes due to fatigue.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Up to 8 hours a day....but do it follow that rule no, hence im losing so much. (Sad)

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A person can play poker as long as his physical and mental mind.

F

fegyo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I additionally play 5 to 6 hours every day, except I put aside one hour to learn about poker. Good luck. 5-6 hours a day is fine if you feel you are still playing your A game by the 6th hour.

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends you can probably play for a really long time but the real question is how long can you profitably play poker

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
It depends on the mental constitution of the individual, but in general I'd say going over 8 hours is too much.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Everybody on here is talking about daily. I took it as for life. I say it depends on your health, till dementia/alzheimer's rears it's ugly head. Otherwise as long as you enjoy it.

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the challenge of 3 day long tournaments!

Galmedic

Galmedic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve been playing poker for 50 years
Nothing stopped me

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
The length of modern online tournaments is definitely challenging. That's why good poker players work not only on their game, but on their performance too. They pay a lot of attention to pre-game preparation, take quality breaks, have good snacks, etc. And work on their concentration and awareness long term - a good history of quality sleep, physical activity, sports, meditation, other interests and hobbies, good work/rest ratio etc. Being a poker player has become as being an athlete.

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It can be played for many hours, but with optimal focus no more than 5 or 6 hours.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More than 4 hours is quite difficult. There are ridiculous mistakes. Breaks are needed

I second this. I only have the attention plan for four hours at a time. It helps if I get up and move around during break periods. Also, make sure you're well hydrated. Happy body; happy mind.

S

some39thing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
after 8 hours, you should probably call it a day

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a purely physiological question. 1 person can play for 2 hours. other, maybe 10. some may play 20 hours on a question not in time. the most important quality in the game and then. how can you do that? Troll the game.

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My personal maximum is 8-10 hours after that Iam finish :D

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everyone is different and it also depends on how you are doing.:):):)

P

PYO88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess not longer than a person can actually be productive on anyothee intellectual task..For me a couples hour or so...and that’s if i get to move or do something on the side (adhd effexts ) 😅

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My max is for 55 minutes. Therefore I need to take a rest of 5 minutes for 1 hour.

K

ketrabinskje

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My record in live game is about 10-11h. And thats to much for me cause i cant focus on last 3-4 hours and make many mistakes

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I ever hit my max (8 hours) I have to quit or else I start losing focus and making mistakes.

Good Man

Good Man

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't been playing long tournaments lately. My maximum was the time when I played in the cache it was 5-6 hours. I regretted the time spent in the cash game. In tournaments, I play about 4-5 hours, if I sit until the final.

W

wizz99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 8 hours is doable, just make sure you use your breaks wisely.

Alot of players suffer from boredom so recommend something to watch in the background, TV, radio or winning poker streamers on twitch for inspiration!!

G

GuTs16

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends...

It comes down to: your physical shape, your age, your diet, etc. If you work for your body, your body will work for you during multi-day session. I've often played a day plus sessions with little breaks, like literally the 5 minutes you get in MTTs to go to the toilet, wash my hands and face to wake up, get a snack like a fruit and a glass of water or tea and then I carry on. I smoke cigarettes though, maybe the nicotine helps, but at least I'm a really light smoke and like light expensive ones (won't name it not sure if it's allowed here haha) and one pack lasts me about 5 days or so, maybe 3 if it's a heavy week. I don't drink coffee either, I was an addict drinking over 5 cups a day =D. I guess it also depends on if you're sober or not, how many tables you play, what you do while u play (ye, personally I think it's okay to play 1 table and edit a pic on the side or watch some anime or a game, just pay attention to that 1 table and make sure you're not missing tells during big hands and taking notes)/ That helps me if I play a long event (like 5 hours LR) and a higher than usual buy in, so I know ill be there for 8 hours and only playing this 1 table to focus. Just make sure u pause/mute whatever it is you're doing when you get dealt a hand you decide to play. Think my longest session was 3 days, maybe 3.5-4 even. Then I probably passed out while at a table still =D (all online btw).

Last edited: