How to know when to stop?

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know when to stop, but I do not
1. When I win I become greedy and I get stuck with the playing time which then affects me mentally
2. When I lose I get into the tilt and then it gets even worse
in both cases I feel when I have to stop, but I do not have the will to do it

prozitu

prozitu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always stop, when I feel, that I lack patience for the game.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stop in the game when I have big losses. I have to think about my mistakes.

V

vong400

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
your bankrroll management tells you, When to stop and when to continue, it depends on you to be a losing player,
I'm totally agree with you about that and that is how i would manage my games including the bankroll as well. :)

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You start to lose a lot of money, then it's time to stop. Continue as soon as you stop regretting the previous losses.

C

Cbob1195

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Set an amounts to your willing to lose on bad days but good days stay until you cant play no more restric the loses and hammer the winning days. If your hitting all kinds of hands there is no reason to stop just keep going if you cant even get AA to hold against A3 then its not your day. That situation happened to me few days ago lol beaten by 3 of kind 3s sometimes its just not meant to be.

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well if you're talking about cash games, i think you need to get more carefully (no exceeding the limit of buy-ins) and the most important, recognizing that you had a hot streak and soon the variances can cut all your profit. Knowing your mindset to know when to quit, like you aren't fully concentrated because you got tired or you entering tilt mode.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you get into the tilt, it's time to leave the game, but would not be left without a bankroll

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you play with a buy-in plan, and you have a ROI% expected daily or weekly, it's easy to know when to stop ... because you have a plan ... Now when you just play to see cards, and everything is going wrong, better leave at the same time.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you feel tired, you must immediately quit the game.

C

CHUVASHMAN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very difficult question and the answer I have not yet found

andsws

andsws

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
Difficult question.. as someone said above, you should stop when you start to lose money. If you think "oh ive lost, but now ill play better and Ill make more" its just an illusion. Your bankroll will drop more in that day. If you dont trust me than trust Daniel Negreanu :))

B

bviscaino

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when the responsabilites is change for irresponsabilites

A

Ak907native

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When your man wants food in his tummy lol

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I feel that I can no longer make proper decisions on the table. (Might be trying to win back losses or trying to protect my winnings) I know that is a time to leave.

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends if you are loosing a lot of money or playing for fun, if its for cash, quit and never go back, if you lose more that you earn and get money problems, poker or any gambling its not for you.,

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Stop when the fun stops

Stop When The Fun Stops... Or when your money runs out... or when youre on tilt... or when your wife is giving birth... or when a tsunami crashes through your street... or when hell freezes over lol

You could go on til the cows come home with the "Stop when fun stops" add campaign. and if you notice in over a hundred of my posts at the bottom as signature I've used that same campaign to include a funny twist on what ever topic was addressed in the post lol

If you really are looking for reasons when to stop then look to my posts or invent one of your own and use it.....

Stop when the fun stops or when you forget why you started:eek::eek::eek:

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel like you have lost your patience.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I stop when I get a big loss and when I feel tired.