AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
This is my biggest problem. I stop when I'm out of money !!! I always hope to come back but the end is the same, broke and resume everything from the beginning on the other day! [emoji20]

AdiS18

AdiS18

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When you start and realize that the defect discovered by you is for you, it is only then that the real change begins for the better! Hope soo!!! [emoji6]

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently played a tournament that was almost 4hrs long and after I was finished I took a short break and started another. Halfway through the second tournament I realized that I may have played too long without an adequate break. You have to pay attention to your body.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
when to stop

I have to stop when I get frustrated, to many bad beats, every time you start with the best you lose, time to put
away the cp and start again another day!

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually after 8 hours of play is the time that is already good to end the activities, this is because tournaments play. If you played cash I would say that the time to stop is when you start to lose

A

always2away

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you start entertaining thoughts of "I can get it back" or something similar and it leads to loosening your game toward making mistakes.

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely depends on how much money you have, and how much you've been spending.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The moment you feel that anything is personal or in the game itself is reaching your ability to concentrate and decision making, If you are thinking more of something external than the game itself and the time to stop.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it comes down to, "Did I make the Right play or not?" If I made the right play, and I lose. That normally is my signal to get up. If I miss read a player, and they had it in better, I will typically keep playing. all while never playing with more then i can afford to lose.

ms_attack

ms_attack

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I finished then i have reached my goals of the day or then i am to tired to play again.
Difficult is for me to end the day with losing some money. It is very hard for me. This is my greatest problem.

C

CryptoBlood

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to figer out when to stop also but now I know.You need to stop when you make some normal goal,not too big but still enought to make some profit.For me it is to double $ like example if i depo 20$ and then cashout.

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you stop enjoying the process is a sign that you should stop. But it is just my opinion

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When it's time for a break

As far as how long of a time range between no play at all and playing, for me, I let my auto-drive kick in. Meaning, if I feel down and out, no good for playing. If I am up for the game, I go.

As for when to quit a MTT during a game.....Never.

Quitting and getting tired seem to go together in poker. When I am tired, I am much less alert, less skilled, less sensation to hold back a shove when I have an AJ offsuit.

An 1130PM MTT playing to 4am and winning a ticket to a MTT that starts in 45 minutes at 445am, for example, does not make much sense if it is Wednesday night and I have to go to work at 6am. Why even start? But I am guilty of that sometimes.

Sorry to run on...
:boring:

8CrazyEights8

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, there are voices in your mind, one of them says "just one more time and you stop", but rather than stop, you get into a vicious cycle, you need to be aware of your BR, and even more in your addiction state, then it must break with a sovereign choice, for example I am more than 20 days without playing, because of a choice of priorities in my life, and for this I am dominate to stop even when I am winning. The overcoming for me is important, I can also gave a break of 5 minutes and recover even more, but this can not become an addiction that takes my head ... John Philpot Curran — 'The price of freedom is eternal vigilance'.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I start to lose patience, I better turn off the screens and come back later.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While I watching the Utah and Houston game last night, I started a free roll tournament while it was on...bad mistake. After the second break I realized that the game was over and I was exhausted and had to stop playing when I was insight of placing but could not continue. My body let me know that it was too much. ...

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Very annoying, but in fact I can not stop myself. If I lose, then mostly lose all the money I have. I understand that this is my big problem. I try to adhere to the risk management system and not lose the amount more than I can afford. Although this is not always possible to me. But I am working on myself.
Good luck.

B

brianj404

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on weather you remember the loses more than the wins. Don't use money if you haven't got it. Plenty of freerolls. Just never play the first hand, for real, Poker is the only thing that can make my heart beat like i was about to do a bungy jump.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There,

i have a set core number of tourneys i play every day and i stick to these and never add to these. This enables me to manage my bankroll and maximise best value. My advice is to never chase losses, we have all been there in our past but learning to adapt and manage your temperament are key lessons in poker.
Make time for breaks and walk away if you need to..i use music as my escape.

I wish you well for your poker future

pirateglenn

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I fall asleep, I run out of money or my wife is "ready to go". I take off however long I need.

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always stop, when I feel, that I lack patience for the game.
Or, when I have a bad mood, then I do not even start to play.

^^ 100% agree! When you feel your patience waning, don't keep pushing yourself (especially if you're down), it will only bring bad plays and increase your frustration.

Filip Krstevski

Filip Krstevski

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on your bankroll management if you're loosing too much you should definitely stop and take a break immediately. Also depends on your mindset how you feel at the moment after a big lose. Never sit playing if you don't feel you can do it. You need patience.
Good luck, buddy!

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the hardest question of all... when you are winning of course :) but nobody know if you can win more and thats the tricky part. i guess thats one of the risks we all encounter at poker :)

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you lose in a sequence of 5 games in a row it's a signal to stop and come back after one to 2 days to protect your bankroll that's the tip, I've been through it several times.