How to Handle Rude Players (Live)

M

MountHollyDK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In real life you would have to be an MMA fighter or a total lunatic to trash talk me. I’m a fairly large fellow with a resting B face that’s 180 degrees opposite from my demeanor.

When it’s online I feeeeeeeeeeed the trolls. I don’t ever start anything, I’m not rude, but if you start in on me I’ve likely already won. You’re not going to rattle me with nonsense talk ... I’m from New Jersey ... we invented nonsense talk.

So yeah, I welcome the trolls. It’s fun to me.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rude players

For rude players I still try to talk to that environment is competitive and people should be respected but be seen that the immaturity is too large by the player just you me and everyone should ignore the chat that person
regrettable that there is barely educated but that come from its inception and companies

:jd4:mateuspoker

R

RicardoTolfo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just ignore! Most of the time they're just assholes wanting attention.

H

Hunterlewis31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its easy in online. disable chat. live, I might say something to distract them and if that doesnt work tell the ass hole to power down because its annoying

M

MountHollyDK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a pro wrestling term called “no selling”. Basically if someone were to hit you, instead of pretending that you were hit (selling) you act like it didn’t hurt you.

I truly enjoy no selling bullies in life and in poker. Bullies want you to get rattled. By responding to them calmly most bullies don’t know how to react.

For example ...

Villain: “how u gonna play that trash yo! U should die *****! Go f your mom bro!”

Me: “luck is fun”

Villain: “WTF! You should get AIDS and kill urself!”

Me: “Magic Johnson has prospered mightily since announcing his HIV status. Maybe I should also invest in Starbucks?”

After one or two of these either the bully will just stop cause it’s not working or go on super tilt turning it into an attempted game of 1 on 1 with out of position bets, stupid calls or even random all-ins for $75 into a 70 cent pot. At that point the only thing you have to worry about is getting cards fast enough to be the one who sends the uber troll to the rail first.

Learn the no-sell. Live the no-sell. Love the no-sell!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is only one option. to throw a tomato in a bully. This is only possible in 888 poker[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji534][emoji534][emoji534]

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually ignore them, the guys that do the most barking are usually the worst.

BlackMember

BlackMember

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why watch and read the chat? I have long disconnected him.

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe we all have a wrong attitude with not complaining about those kind of behavior especially at PS where I must say the must of those creatures inhabit.

We ignore them or we turn off the chat and they some how probably feel that they have the right to insult people without any reason and they do it again and again...

Maybe if we all start to point the finger on them the chat box will became again a friendly area.

For the first time this weekend I decide to report someone.In my defense that was the third that Sunday and it's not the record in one day.

I did ask what will happens to him and the response from PS was that after they read his insult towards me they decide to ban him from chat permanently.That was not his first time apparently.

What surprise me in his case was that even when he bust from the tourney he continue to insult me as observer:( without that I said anything to him.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-07-30 à 00.32.17.jpg
    Capture d’écran 2018-07-30 à 00.32.17.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 22
ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately we play with all kinds of people, many times I happen to be offended or make any kind of unpleasant comment, I simply ignore them, I deactivate the comments and play in peace

Ruminate

Ruminate

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly ignore...but I'm not above sarcasm and outright mockery if I think it will affect their play.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just today it was. I do not pay attention and did not answer

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
let them write what they want. while they write they generally lose control and emotions and it only benefits me.
more than once punished such writers.
it's a fish, although it's strange that she can write)[emoji33] [emoji12] [emoji12] [emoji12]

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Its only ever happened to me on the internet because the people who do it are cowards.

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
it depends where and what kind of Tournament: If it is in a Cardschat Tournament, If someone is been using insults on any player, I will let them know the rules in all Cardschat Tournaments.
If is live it will depend on the situation(drunk, dangerous peolple) or on line No Cardschat Tournaments, I will just turn them down! :call2:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that no CC member will ever insult a friend in the community.
this world poker community and its membership, for example, is very valuable to me.
and even if there are such amateurs in it, but we do not see them, I think the forum will help them in the upbringing and respect of other players.

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its only ever happened to me on the internet because the people who do it are cowards.

Word.

I can understand having some fun, bantering, shittalking, maybe even throwing around some profane humor. But when things get ugly it's obvious they have some issues.

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Headphones or chat box off. I don't play poker to chat or make friends, I am there to get all the chips.

I never turn chat off it's a good read to when people are tilting or what mood they are in.And i applaud you if you can play poker with me and not make friends , i'm just to lovely it's impossible.:p

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have already taken a stand on this fact and I still think that the rude player in the extreme should be punished in some way, but today I do not respond and I do not look at the chat anymore.

H

Hey

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What's your reaction when a player is rude to you at a table

At first I thought it wouldn't hurt me at all and read everything they were typing. And I tested all the emotions one by one: resentment, pite, annoyance, disregard, indifference.
The best way is to switch off the particular person chat. Problem is that opponent insults you, everyone reads this and you can't do anything - only switch his chat off.
But without chat is a little bit dull, sometimes I get fun reading chat messages. :)

ELPRIIINCIPE

ELPRIIINCIPE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Ignore them So they get bored fast and shut up
Nothing or read them if not, they deconcentrate
That is the attitude of many old school thieves and marauders that I have been able to see in the few live tournaments that I have gone, the first time I passed I was shocked because I had only seen tournaments on TV and on TV you can not see that attitude so deplorable and antiprofessional and unsportsmanlike, after that asimilas but equal is shocking, if the best should be ignore them and resort to the authority of the tournament or the table and try to impose a penalty

PokerR

PokerR

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, that situation never happend with me, but normally when i see any offense or minimal disrespect, i use option in pokerstars to block chat.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the lack of culture at the table speaks volumes. such as lack of discipline and self-doubt. I think this should be used for their own purposes in the presence of a suitable case

NinjaHands

NinjaHands

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually make fun of them, maybe go back and forth for a bit, then mute them. Usually to the applause of the rest of the table. But it rarely happens, most players are cool folks.

xxxREAPERxxx

xxxREAPERxxx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No different than when i was in prison,just like brantly gilbert the country singer said....We can take it outside!

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands