How to Handle Rude Players (Live)

mariuspoker1

mariuspoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think most of us were at least once in the unpleasant situation of being offended or receiving all kinds of inappropriate remarks in the table's chat about our way of playing especially when we won a hand against the offender. What was your reaction? How do you think is best to proceed in these kind of situations?

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just turn off you chat box. It was happen to everyone. It will distract your concentration to the game thats why its better to off.

lulu pk

lulu pk

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest I can not get use to that kind of behavior even after couple years of playing online.I still get surprise and upset with the vocabulary and all kind of wishes that some players can write in the chat box.

How can someone write that he wants your death or all whole spectrum of illness just because he loose a hand against you, it's really a mystery for me.

elflake

elflake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't pay any attention to the chat box.

MrSkinny

MrSkinny

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yo poker nuts!

If I'm playing a focussed game (my usual game) I'm very grateful for the info my opponent is giving me on themselves. They've lost it, time to make them pay. Nom nom nom!

If I'm playing for play I will sometimes engage them, but I prefer not to out of respect to others seated. And of course it's best not to feed the trolls.

I got a "death threat" earlier this week. My response was to point out to the hero what a fantastic character they have, and how comfortable and happy their life must be. They made a half apology and did not continue to bother me. Actually someone took him out three hands later. (Hehe, can you guess who got his chips? Answers on a postcard...)

Anonymity on line leads to idiots acting like idiots, it's unfortunately part of the medium.

Enjoy your game!

N

NutsForPLO

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This is based off a live poker game and it just happened to me tonight. Just let it go. Poker is a form of gambling. It’s your money, do what you want with it.

Everbane

Everbane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I behave rudely only with Brazilian players because they constantly draw game time or are absent at all ...

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
We all had rude opponents ... It's funny how people in the protection of their screen shows that they are racists ,non self-control people and generally becoming idiots for a game .I don't respond on these comments it is meaningless and wasting of time

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the very beginning, as I started playing poker and insults were going towards me, and then I was getting angry, but now I just turn off the chat player and play further and try to focus on the game!

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online: Turn off chat.

Live: Tell them off politely. If that fails, involve floor staff and put on headphones.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Headphones or chat box off. I don't play poker to chat or make friends, I am there to get all the chips.

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I start the session with the disabled chat, I prefer to avoid reading anything that takes the focus away from the game

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to escalate the confrontation for more entertainment value all the while not taking it seriously.

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
put Exploited- Beat the Bastards on turntable and keep smyling

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's Phil Helmut, hand over my chips and go home crying.
For anyone else: try harder to take their chips; idiot do not need to win.

F

fasteddy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Rude Player

I really abhor rude players. They make the game less enjoyable for everyone. My policy is to ignore them and refrain from reading their comments.

Honeybuns666

Honeybuns666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never done it but it would be awesome to slow roll them! Call their all in with the nuts after about 3-4 mins in the think tank. People would hate you but it would be beyond awesome.

R

rafbam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If someone is rude to you, it mostly means they are out of there game; don't let it botter you're game.

I'm always positive in the chat; and when players are rude to me I don't awnser. (only if they leave (ore go blut) I say "nicely" goodbey

J

Joonnn1212

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just laugh it off when people make absurdly rude comments in the chat. I find it comical when someone gets really angry and tries to take it out on me. I actually like to see this in the chat because it lets me know they on tilt and will probably start playing very poorly!

A

acecrissy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you just ignore the rude idiots dont let them take away your plesseure for playing or just click away the chat:D;)

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When some is rude to me on the table chat I don't usually pay attention and then I try to take all their chips and knock them out.

Nothing more satisfying than taking out a rude player...

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands