How to get good confidence and trust in poker?

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Much like a small child trusts its mother completely.
Is such a close connection with poker possible?
Such a connection is quite possible if your mother is the owner of a poker site. In this case, even if you once again lose all your bankroll, your mother will be able to help you and solve this misunderstanding :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think using things like a solver and icm tools will give you confidence.

When you know you are making a correct shove or call its a lot easier when it does not work. You wont be second guessing yourself and you will be ready to move onto the next hand.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When you start learning and making good decisions at the table you will be more comfortable playing.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
You should not trust poker, you must trust your game... no matter how good you become, there will be times when you will be in a losing streak and to overcome that you must have mental strength... that is why you must trust yourself and your game.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best way to be more confident is practicing, so, the more you play the more you learn to not make the same mistakes. Also, studying is also important to be confident in your decisions.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
So don't you trust poker rooms? I think online poker is fair. :D But seriously, I think a lot of players trust poker rooms, believing in dispersion. :unsure: I trust poker rooms too, but not all of them. :ROFLMAO:

ninocabral

ninocabral

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to trust your game, if you have a well-studied and well-structured game you automatically play more confidently, you have to always try to make the best possible moves for a given hand

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
To gain confidence and trust in poker, it's crucial to immerse yourself deeply in the game's strategies and maintain a healthy mindset. Start by mastering the basics: know your odds, understand different playing styles, and get comfortable with the numbers. Practice is key. Regular gameplay, coupled with reviewing and analyzing your hands, helps you learn from mistakes and successes alike. Embrace a learning mindset, where each session, win or lose, offers valuable insights. Mental resilience is equally important; work on managing emotions and stress, as poker can be a rollercoaster. Engage with the poker community for shared experiences and advice. Consider a coach to accelerate your growth, providing personalized strategies and feedback. Above all, balance is vital. Ensure you're looking after your physical health, as a sharp mind requires a healthy body. Remember, confidence builds with experience and knowledge. Keep learning, stay disciplined, and the trust in your game will grow.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you don't trust the logarithm and the room, how will you play at high performance?

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Any monetary investment is a risk. If you invest money in poker, you should understand that your money cannot be completely safe, because poker is always a risk. Unfortunately, there will always be those who want to hack your account. But it's not just about poker. Even when your money is kept in a reliable bank, even then there is a risk that something bad can happen. We live in such a time when risk is an integral part of our life.

B

bababooey

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The trust can only come with you and your ability in your game.

There are ways to measure this like making sure your play is positive EV as over the long run you will be doing the right thing and you can ride out the luck.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
by not changing your game style at all , but i am saying this because by having a game style it supose to have a lot of knowledge of the poker game and poker plays ..the trust and confidence you gain only by reading well the game that is played in front of you and making the right decision , not by been lucky when you win a hand aldo your decison was very bad ...

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
The many experiences of success can give good self-confidence.
But if someone is a good player, he must know how to stay on the ground, not fly away because of success.
The game can also give self-confidence to less good players, one or two small or big victories are enough, which fills a person with pride and this also affects self-confidence.

Pityesz1974

Pityesz1974

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
You have to play a lot, gather a lot of experience and start winning, and from this comes self-confidence.

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To gain confidence in poker, I watch the successes of winning players. I look and understand that one day I will become a professional.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that I am quite confident in poker and I always try to improve my skills. What is sometimes difficult for me is trusting online poker, many hands and even the way some players play sometimes makes you doubt certain online sites. Especially in GG poker. But I think we have to be aware that we will never know how the online algorithm is handled.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Studying and preparing for each tournament

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is a harsh mistress. She can always break your heart. Like golf you never truly master the game. Or like the sea or nature you can never underestimate them or take them lightly.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
Best way is to ge poker lessons, get better in poker and keep playing better day by day.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You always need to believe and trust yourself and not something else. Poker is like any other activity in this life, and an opportunity to make money. If you believe in yourself and work on yourself and your game, then there is a very high probability that you will achieve success in this field of activity. But if you believe in something or someone and not in yourself, then it is unlikely that you will succeed. If you adhere to theoretical knowledge and learn to feel the game, then you will have faith in yourself and, accordingly, you will get good results from the game.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your win chart will give you confidence. Also reviewing hands and validating the play with some solvers can increase confidence.

andron205

andron205

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when you get the hang of the game you'll have more confidence, hire a coach

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
As you play more and more, it builds confidence in your own play. Not in others, but in yourself