Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always watch how players present their hands at showdown, and one thing I've noticed is the amount of times they call on the drill, especially in freeroll tournaments, I see players even call all-in on the drill, in my opinion a big mistake is As the old saying goes, "A good drill is an expensive drill". Do you usually pay on the drill?

Good luck to everyone at the tables.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
what do you mean by drill ?

Sorry, but I think I didn't express myself well is that the term drill is what we say here in brazil, when the player pays a bet trying to hit his card to form a sequence. Ex: Villain has 10 and J and on the flop it hits k - A - 5 , and he calls to hit Q .
The drill in this case would be the Q , a term or slang used here in Brazil, it may be that in your country this term is not used. I hope I have cleared your doubt.

Gritz18

Gritz18

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I apologize to everyone who sees this post, but when I mentioned the term Drill, I didn't realize that this term or slang could only be used here in Brazil, I hope my answer above has cleared your doubts, thank you.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Only in free tournaments does it happen to hit like that, I say that on a money tournament you don't throw yourself like that to enter with all the money to hit a hole

EmptyHouse

EmptyHouse

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Sorry, but I think I didn't express myself well is that the term drill is what we say here in Brazil, when the player pays a bet trying to hit his card to form a sequence. Ex: Villain has 10 and J and on the flop it hits k - A - 5 , and he calls to hit Q .
The drill in this case would be the Q , a term or slang used here in Brazil, it may be that in your country this term is not used. I hope I have cleared your doubt.
You mean "draw".

If I have draws, I only call them when it is profitable to do so and the pot odds are right.

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always watch how players present their hands at showdown, and one thing I've noticed is the amount of times they call on the drill, especially in freeroll tournaments, I see players even call all-in on the drill, in my opinion a big mistake is As the old saying goes, "A good drill is an expensive drill". Do you usually pay on the drill?

When I'm just playing, yes, mostly against predictable players.

When I'm actually playing, I only pay when it's a +EV move.

Rost

Rost

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never play with junk, no matter what type of tournament I take part in. I always try to wait for strong enough cards that generally increase my chances and only then, taking into account my position, I make decisions.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have a draw I call based on the size of the opponent 's raise , my stack , the number of players in the game . It matters a lot what my draw is. If there is a hole in it, then the approach to calling is even more scrupulous, or even fold. The most preferred draw for a flush.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Depends on the math for me. I hey make it work calling I will but if they over bet I can easily fold. It really depends on stack sizes and who I am up against.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Sorry, but I think I didn't express myself well is that the term drill is what we say here in Brazil, when the player pays a bet trying to hit his card to form a sequence. Ex: Villain has 10 and J and on the flop it hits k - A - 5 , and he calls to hit Q .

Based on this explanation then yes?

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
From your description, when you say drill you are referring to Gutshot straight.I usually call/raise just for open ended straights, not for gutshot straights.

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, if I understand the question, it depends on the probabilities and the mathematics... moment and position of the game... I would see if I should play or not :D

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I don't call on the gutshot, only with four outs, for example I have 98s in the BB and on the flop it opens 7 5 A. I have a gutshot on 6. I don't even call on the flop, I think it's not enough to call a bet and pray for a miracle.

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Mainly for flush draw or open ended straights, not backdoor flush draws or gutshots.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

thanks for the explanation

well it depends . if it costs too much i will not do it . especially out of position

G

gassstation

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what situation, what blinds, pot, number of participants and what position among them, stack size, flush draw or straight draw.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
at omaha, straight draw with flush draw, kill more people than covid

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
If you choose the blinds, be sure to ensure that the dealer, small blind, and big blind on each hand advance one space clockwise. The small blind should become the dealer, the big blind should become the small blind, and the next player to the left should become the big blind. A five-card draw is best played with six players, although 4-8 will also work. You can also play with two or three players. In the game with "ante", "each player" must bet a predetermined amount before the cards are dealt. This encourages you to play more hands, at least in the beginning.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Six handed or headsup I will bet my draw or even raise.

Nine handed I am less inclined to do that.

Good luck !

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Checkraise is the best option. But you can call

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

'It depends'

As in most poker situations... it depends. It depends on many factors.

For starters...
Are we talking about cash games or Tournament play? If tournament, how deep are effective stacks?
Are we playing in position or out of position?
What type of player is villain?
What is our history with villain?
Is this a multi-way pot?

etc. etc. etc.

How I play a draw also depends on the draw, the texture of the board and the range of hands I'm putting villain on based on the situation. I will also choose to play it differently even with the same parameters... ie. against a player I have lots of history with (metagame stuff).

Honestly this is just the start of things I'm going to be considering when thinking of how I am going to play a draw.

D

Decades

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it depended on the situation, price, my belly feeling and how big my willingness to take risks is on this day

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it makes sense from a probability perspective definitely. Otherwise if I’m desperate I’ll shove with a draw in the hope that I get lucky, which I rarely do. There’s a bit of fold equity involved but virtually nobody throws away top pair these days with the kind of stack size I have when I’m “desperate”.