How do you usually play on a draw?

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always watch how players present their hands at showdown, and one thing I've noticed is the amount of times they call on the drill, especially in freeroll tournaments, I see players even call all-in on the drill, in my opinion a big mistake is As the old saying goes, "A good drill is an expensive drill". Do you usually pay on the drill?

Good luck to everyone at the tables.

I like to play to win :D.

However, depending on the day, on the position I´m playing, I play to win.

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well for me it depends on what the draw would be, is it only a one way straight?
or a double straight chance?
i would probably try to get a cheap river, is it a straight/flush draw? i wouldnt mind going a bit bigger, is it a double ended straight and flush draw while holding good blocking cards aswell? i wouldn't might going even bigger if thats the case to check the river, it really depends on what the hand would be also,

the BB i have also might change a bit on what i would call, so this is what i would do but it's so black and white that its hard to say would you would do in the moment cause you will have many factors deciding the play you will make

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I play pretty calm :) , I don't bet to much :)

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it depended on the situation, sometimes i play aggressively to make my opponent fold

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it is a monster draw, like flush and straight draw I usually bet, if just two outters I just call small bets and check if possible trying to hit. If I am short stack I can even go all in to make the villain fold, if he calls I have outs.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never exhibit, I prefer to leave the opponent dying of curiosity. I don't mind showing if I was fair or just a bad character bluffer lol

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On a draw I try not to put anything in the post unless I have no other choice.

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depending on the type of tournament and the circumstance.
I could pay if I go higher in chips, if I'm tight I almost never do.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on position, stack and tournament stage. How much already invested on the hand?

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Normally will use paper and Crayola for the draws.

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to avoid draws. The only way that I will even consider a draw is if I have position and a small pot.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pay it as cheap as possible, or make a semi bluff If my stack is deep....

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, but I think I didn't express myself well is that the term drill is what we say here in Brazil, when the player pays a bet trying to hit his card to form a sequence. Ex: Villain has 10 and J and on the flop it hits k - A - 5 , and he calls to hit Q .
The drill in this case would be the Q , a term or slang used here in Brazil, it may be that in your country this term is not used. I hope I have cleared your doubt.
In no-limit ring games I'll sometimes call down an outside straight or four to a flush if it doesn't get too expensive. I seldom if ever call down a draw in a tournament or SNG unless I think I could possibly win the hand without hitting the draw. But then I'm usually not calling, I'm betting, big.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How I play my draws depends on my stack size and how aggressive the player was!!! For example, if I have few chips, and the player is aggressive and bets a lot, then I have no choice but to fold or go all-in, and if the number of chips allows, then maybe I will put an overbet or just play a challenge !!! There are a lot of options and the strength of draw combinations is different, for example, straight draws and flush draws have different chances of winning, so you can’t say that I will play each of them the same way !!!