How do you react when you get A, no hand?

dunc1189

dunc1189

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ace with a weak kicker i'm normally folding, especially in early position. Start to get a bit more relaxed about it in later position when suited and don't expect to get 3 bet or blinds / button likely to fold to my open.

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, not only the combination of cards matters. important is the place at the table, the number of players, player behavior...

D

Dmitrij32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is not the most predictable game, because there are situations when you need to reset the AK KQ what to say when the card does not come at all)))):)

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seeing an Ace is always good. Even if it's with a lower kicker.

P

pokeher2k9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It always baffles me how easily villains will call a raise preflop with Ax. I got busted out of a tournament recently, where we were all-in preflop AKo Vs A7o for around 25bb. Villain was a huge whale so felt confident I was way ahead of his range he ended up flopping a 7

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
An ace is a card for which every player is ready to make an extra investment. But it’s important to understand that the “weak ace” is far from the easiest option for the game, since on the flop we very often will get into difficult situations and domination, the range of hands is A2-A8. You need to make the right decisions depending on the stage of the tournament, the opponent and the position and understand that getting into the top pair is far from a victory.

M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Particularly nowadays, the Ace has to be accompanied, alone is not so valuable, always depending on the moment of the table, my stack and the opponents present.

P

Pepask

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I receive an Ace on my hand, I immediately get careful. Sure, the ace is the strongest card in the card deck, but easily beaten by duces if they come as a set.

Due to this reason i get careful to check how my other opponents on the table play. Do they check, or raise or try to slow play.

If there comes a King either in the flop, the turn or the river, it rings my bell if suddenly players who used to check, raise with big amounts of chips.

jeanpierre1279

jeanpierre1279

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on which pair accompanies Ace, because if it is a low pair, I am really sad and I face it as if it were just two low cards that need improvement to win.

When they are intermediary Aces, I doubt if I play or not, it will depend on the position and the profile of the villain who pays.

When they are Aces Altos from 10 upwards, I go with everything, just not if the profile of the villain is too tight or I will risk my life in the tournament.

Copag

Copag

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am happy when I see an A, but I do not let happiness overcome rationality, I will not play wildly just because I have an A, I will play carefully.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It will depend on my position and how bad the other card is.
But I won't fold that easily. If the stakes are low, I will call and wait for the flop. If my position is good I push 1BB and watch the reactions ...

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think there is anything wrong with liking an Ace. I think the real mistake is getting carried away with it. Don't forget that you need to try to put your opponent on a hand. So when you pair that Ace on the flop and your opponent seems unconcerned about it, you might need to consider that they could be holding an Ace as well, in which case you might find yourself outkicked. I've seen countless times that players have found themselves in this position. Instead of considering that even though they have made top pair, they may not be ahead in the hand and practicing pot control, they get carried away and start throwing chips. Before they know it, they've lost most of their chips playing Ace-Rag without ever having considered that they could have been behind because they were blinded by an Ace.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands