How Do You React After Getting Caught Bluffing?

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I am caught bluffing. I'm frustrated because out of all the times the players did not call when I have a hand, you call when I don't have a hand.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends what I get called by. If I get called by a weak one pair type hand then I'm usually confused as to what my opponent was thinking during the hand. If I bluff into the nut I just laugh and say probably can't get that hand to fold very often.

T

Tman300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just laugh right after the hand because it's kind of fun when you think you'll make him fold

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playful guesses that she is a big fish and she feels that she has to go on TILT lol

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I break wind,,:p

crimsonblur

crimsonblur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure to scream obscenities at all the other players at the table and whip the rest of your chips into your opponents stacks and then storm out of the room.

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i never bluff all-in against a big stack.. but I do show my winning cards sometimes so people don't think I bluff..it's poker dang if you do..dang if you dont

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i was playing earlier in my poker career i would get mad. But now i just smile and congratulate the opponent. I get caught much less now but sometimes i do. Earlier this week guy payed my bluff with worse pair on the board. I bluffed good that hand, as usual but he out played me and read my hand very good. New lesson every day.

Andrei Nesterenko1

Andrei Nesterenko1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is insulting of course, but I do not see anything terrible in this

M

microse

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to use it as and opportunity to create a loose fish image and next time ill have the nuts and more than likely get looked up.

100%. The point of bluffing is because it’s a good spot to bluff. If you get called, you learn the calling tendencies of the player (whether or not they call with trash or they were actually strong) and set yourself nicely for down the road when you had the nuts and can goad someone in to a bad call.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It does not phase me, bluffing is part of the game that should be part of ones tools if you want to be a successful player. but after being caught, I will lay back for a while before attempting it again most of the time.

O

Oleg196

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My bluff usually goes well. The main thing in all the streets (to the end) is to keep aggression. It happens that you bluff into a ready-made nuts. You think: no luck, it happens. And you continue to play (and bluff) next.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smile)) And I continue to play only on strong hands.

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bluffing is a tool. Since my game is so tight, I want to get caught and show my bluff in the right situation in order to give misinformation to the table. Showing a bluff gets you calls when you have the nuts. My general rule is don't bluff unless you sense total weakness, or don't mind getting called.

K

Kkingpoker30

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When opponent play bluff, my nerv is in high.

Pocket Folds

Pocket Folds

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Smile and say "wow, sick call dude" whilst screaming internally at the top of my lungs :)

isaac

isaac

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you shy ?? just smile ?? laughing hard?? maybe you mad ?? or No reaction ??

:D:D:D:D

To be honest my reaction live is much different than my reaction online. If I am playing a live game I will almost always tell them they made a good call to catch me, especially if they had a marginally better hand than I did. That being said, I am a much more conservative player live than online. My reactions vary online, depending on how the hand went down and how my data on the player corresponds to their play. I think I rage more when people call my outright bluffs than I do when they suck out on me in say a 55%/45% toss. Mind you that's not that much of a suckout or really even one, but you get my idea. I get much madder if the player (unless I respect them loads) calls out my bs.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is certainly not very pleasant, but the game is a game and here you can not argue. Risk is a noble cause.

oneloy

oneloy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always different. It was once that I broke my laptop with a beech. And after that, I understand that anger needs to be taken to the back burner. But I can not get burned ... (

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shrug it off and carry on. You got this pot, i will get the next.

rsimms

rsimms

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is usually me saying "Awwww ya got me!" with a big smile and a laugh and then on to the next hand. If it is a bad/weak player I will remember and then bet at them the same way when I have a good hand. There is nothing wrong with getting caught bluffing. If you never get caught bluffing, you don't bluff enough.