How do you know if you are good enough to actually make a go at it full time?

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not good for it now but when I will get the 5k bankroll and Finish on 50% of my played games on Final Tables I would probably give it a go for a full time grind

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play poker

The answer lies in at what level you are playing now and what you are earning from poker at this moment.
If you are consistently and continuously earning enough to cover all your obligations then you can go for a full time. Remember i used the words consistently and continuously.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bankroll Management.

I think it depends on BRM more than anything. Being able to maintain at the very least 100 buy ins for a game you can crush. Plus 3 to 6 months of living expenses including health insurance and an emergency fund for health or other unexpected problems. You will want to always be building for the next higher stakes and improving you and your families lifestyle too. So makr a good detailed plan and then stick to it

Nintendo

Nintendo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess it would really depend on how much you have been profiting monthly and for how long.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you make enough money to pay all your bills, your struggles, the right time has come

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Totally Agree With most of you on that one.... You know when you're ready when you find Poker is paying the rent...

Read this Thread filled with People saying "wish poker paid my rent but i do it for pleasure!!!" lol

i guess the question was asked in the wrong place as most people here are climbing their way up and those people who made it would be caught dead on a freeroll site lol too many Behatches And Hoes, filling their time and too many Behatches here crying for 5cent buy in and "yall know where i cant find the freerolls..."LMAO

All joking aside You'll know when you're ready to switch from grafter to Poker Hero.!

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play poker

well you are good enough to make a go full time when you have learned bankroll management and have obtained a bankroll large enough for you to pla with manage and pay your bills

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i been playing for years
and dont think im good enough

B

bviscaino

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a person knows that he is good when he wins
for several occasions and sees
that he is not just out of luck

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When you start earning more than the salary for that work in the long run then you are good and should only deal with it. I hope to achieve it in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

blackchip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have the talent

If your winning and can support your lifestyle, of course, go for it if that's your thing. But you have to keep in mind you will always have a cold run.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know that. I want to become a good player I train.