Does Poker Pay Your Rent?

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly Now, How many of you can say Poker pays for your way of life?

Doesn't matter what format, Game type, what Poker Room or Platform you choose to play if you have found that now your game is providing a better quality of life then tell your story here.

Obviously its great to know the before and after immediate changes like one morning finding you're $1 away from bankruptcy and the next day you're rushing to enter the next biggest Poker buy in...

Also hearing about other life changes like how you convinced your family it was worth while pursuing, instead of the job you've held down for years...

Did you ever give the last employer the excuse "Sorry Boss, I earn more on the Poker Circuit than you can give me"?

LOL it would be nice to be in your shoes even if only to read about it online so give us some thing to dream about!!!

Stop when the fun stops or when you wake up!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek:

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd love that some day Poker pay me rent but meanwhile mostly I pay to poker in total.
PS People pls could you explain me How to creat a THREAD here at CardsChat ?

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker for me is a hobby in my free time, poker does not pay me a rent, when I win poker somewhere, then it’s good for me to make extra profit, but I would really like it so that I can win more in poker and earn poker and provide my close and dear people and what is necessary for me and my family!

D

Deemajor44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol i wish but maybe someday it will and that would be amazing. If the usa didnt change like it did years ago i definitely would have been able to because i was winning 1000s but i recently started playing again but yes that would be awesome!

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot say that “poker pays for me” is not my only source of funds. But he brings some money, and why not?

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would imagine in some coutries you could make an ok to good living from 10nl or 25nl possibly even 5nl. And in some others countries you would have to be a very good full time mid to high stakes pro to achieve it.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cannot say that “poker pays for me” is not my only source of funds. But he brings some money, and why not?

I Love your Avatar and the "AND WHY NOT?" yes why not? I'd be Happy if Poker was the main source of income and i subsidized it with a second job.

You seem to be doing well as you are a league Member. Which just fills me with more questions like. If some league members don't make a living out of Poker and don't pursue it as a full time job really is there much hope for us?

hmmm Is CardsChat for Poker Players the same as Hollywood is for wanna be actors? lol ummmmm lets ummm not ask that question again and move on.... quickly.. lol

Thank you all for your replies you've made me smile and laugh my socks off. but I wont get much sleep if this is what I'm dreaming about!!

Come on real dreamy stories about making a career out of Poker Please x

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really want to make money in the future, but for now it only brings pleasure

M

Marac43

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im just unlucky and I cant win more than 5 $ lol

Daymo90

Daymo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker doesn't pay for my way of life, that's why I work. Poker is a hobby of mine, although I would love to progress further and take part in more beneficial tournaments. Currently sticking to low stake tournaments since it's just for fun.

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think it's more depends where about in world you live like you could live somewhere where your living coasts are really low and you can play low stakes and live from that or you live like me in UK where living coasts are really high and to quite my job I should earn atleast somewhere $2k a month just to survive but I from my winning I can afford sometimes to buy some treat for myself of my miss.

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No unfortunately my poker level does not give me the opportunity to live at the expense of this great game! But as all I dream to this day it is a timely!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
On average, I play poker 3-5 hours a day. So, on average, I play 25-35 hours a week. I manage to get a monthly profit of $ 300-500. For me, poker is a hobby that brings profit to me.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im just unlucky and I cant win more than 5 $ lol

$5 Is great!!! if you can do that then keep it moving up!!! im happy leaving a 1c-2c cash table after doubling my 80c - $1.60 lol it takes a while to build that too on those little tables but I see it as little loss rather than looking for bigger gain lol

Most I ever won online was $57.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nowadays, no. But sometimes while I was younger, I could afford a good holiday from poker.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
For now do not win poker just to pay the rent or as salary from your employer but I would like this to happen but I'm new to the game and to be honest have a lot of work that to happen but I believe in success and I am sure it will It happens because I know that there are people who earn only poker:):):)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very few people can make a consistent living with poker.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can say that playing Poker can definately help me pay the rent

..of Pokerstars offices.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be nice to pay the rent playing poker.:0) I am trying for that but as of right now I am helping pay Betonline and Black Chip Pokers rent:0) Good luck out there and keep grinding

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have any rent to pay however I will say I make a nice profit playing live poker. It wasn't that way in my early years until I figured out how to pick the right games and manage my bankroll.

I have been working on my game and I am working my way to the live life. I use to be pretty good at getting a bankroll, pretty fast, just couldn't keep it that way:0) but really since Cards Chat I have improved my skill I am almost on my way to pay the rent using poker winnings:0) Have fun out there and good luck

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is definitely the goal. Someday being able to get into the main event and not even worry about how much it is, paying for my house and others without an ounce of worry, that is the dream.

J

jacksonz89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't rely of it unless you've consistently made money over at least 6 months