messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
I ask this question because unlike myself being disabled and plenty of time on my hands, I know many of you all work and have responsabilty through out the week. So with all those things going on, how do you find time for poker? Do you all set times to play. I know some people may play while at work. Like if to have an office job. But what about construction workers, or other work like driving for UPS, or working at a hospital doing maintenance. Then there is the fact you are really tired after going home and knowing you have to be at work the next day too, so you have to wine down and rest. So what else do you do other than play poker when you have time?

sometimes it is really hard to find the time to play poker due to work and family and oter commitments, so what i do is schedule one of my off days to play, and give that day to poker

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
That's right, it's hard to find time to play poker when you have a job that requires you every day and in addition you have to have time for family and other routine chores in a family. Everyone must satisfy their desire to play as best they can, if you can't play in a tournament that lasts more than 6 hours, try a quick sit & go.

A

Auswa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 1 mtt in the evening at the $22 level everyday. I work 8 hours a day 5 days a week in a physical job. I'm looking at getting a weekend job perhaps as well. All this while high on medications for schizophrenia. Just fooking do it.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When poker is a passion and part of your life you find time for this.
If you play only for money I think it's different

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
First you need to know what poker means to you. Whether it will be in a professional way or just as a hobby in an amateur way. Knowing this you will know better to separate the time and how it will be taken seriously by you.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe this is not a problem at all to play some poker in the evening after the job, or just before go to sleep. It,s not so hard at all, just if your family don,t have something against it, because i know some people don,t like poker at all. Also you can play it in your leisure time, at weekend.

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
al night after a day of work i relax and play poker......i love it

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am retired so I love to play, inbetween house work and cooking meals.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
WOW thanks for all the great replies. I'm disabled so I too have plenty of time on my hands for playing poker. However, I try not to over do it. Like yesterday, I played an 800 GTD at ACR, which lasted 4 or 5 hours, and I got knocked out at 64th without getting into the money.Then I had our freeroll at 5pm, and I was to tired to play. Pretty much gave away my chips. Anyway GL All

Sschafell

Sschafell

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
at the moment time is what I do not lack what is lacking at the moment is the bank to play I have been unemployed for almost 3 years!

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I donot have much time to play. I have to work and i want a good sleep at night. So a few tournaments if possible. Of course i play cardschats freerolls.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play poker because I can play this game and of course I have the time to play! I organize my time for the games. It is necessary for playing in the long term.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online is an option to find time to play it.

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am playing poker while sleeping on my bed. I only play for an hour or two before going to bed. So, online poker that can be played on an ipad or other device is very useful!

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find time after work and on weekends, if there are other things to do, then of course there is no time to play.

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my time is very short. I have an average of 3 hours a day to play a game. because I have two jobs, 2 kids, a dog and his wife. I can play more often during my holidays or on some break.

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When COVID started. I started to play poker. I am working at home. Anytime I can play poker

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again for the great replies. I see many of you all have a lot going on. Back when I was working and all, I really didn't have the time, and being tired does not work well with poker. So more power to you all that still finds time to play. GL in the freerolls today

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. It helps to be retired. I am usually busy during the day doing honeydos. I usually start at 7pm or 8pm at night. Those are CC tournaments. Afterward I may jump into a cash game and play sometimes to 245 am. Loving life!

T

tonymin562

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am currently unemployed so I just play all day.

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask this question because unlike myself being disabled and plenty of time on my hands, I know many of you all work and have responsabilty through out the week. So with all those things going on, how do you find time for poker? Do you all set times to play. I know some people may play while at work. Like if to have an office job. But what about construction workers, or other work like driving for UPS, or working at a hospital doing maintenance. Then there is the fact you are really tired after going home and knowing you have to be at work the next day too, so you have to wine down and rest. So what else do you do other than play poker when you have time?

just play evening and try not to be distracted fr the workday or the brain trying to relax works for me. not able to do every day though

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I make use of the time I used to spend on things like video games and put those into poker instead.

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Work hard in the day at work. Most important. Then anything that needs sorting in the house. If im then free I play.. Poker isnt the most important thing in my life.

A

azgeda

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play late night after work and on the weekends. I agree, it’s hard to find time.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for these replies. I think sometimes I find to much time to play lol. That's like every time I sit down here. If I had a way to go, I would do a lot of other things. During the morning, I do stuff like this, and sometime after lunch, I start playing. I'm getting away from those long MTTs so I mostly play cash games until the CC freerolls. So you can see, poker is about all I do. Anyway, GL in the intertops game tonight.