How Do You Find the Time for Poker?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I ask this question because unlike myself being disabled and plenty of time on my hands, I know many of you all work and have responsabilty through out the week. So with all those things going on, how do you find time for poker? Do you all set times to play. I know some people may play while at work. Like if to have an office job. But what about construction workers, or other work like driving for UPS, or working at a hospital doing maintenance. Then there is the fact you are really tired after going home and knowing you have to be at work the next day too, so you have to wine down and rest. So what else do you do other than play poker when you have time?

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes, finding time to play is very difficult. I am married and have two daughters, so I usually have a lot of household chores. But on average, I play 3-4 days a week, in the evenings, after work.

Kinganders

Kinganders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes, finding time to play is very difficult. I am married and have two daughters, so I usually have a lot of household chores. But on average, I play 3-4 days a week, in the evenings, after work.

Im in a simalar situation, I tend to pkay much worse now, when there is "more" distraction

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, the game of poker takes my rest time. When I play poker, I switch from everyday problems and relax. It's like watching a movie.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life is short.And you should think about what suits you best.I live a versatile life, work 5 days a week and play poker in the evenings after it.for me, poker is a vacation, unless of course my friends invited me to a picnic).

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im retired, so time is plenty

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
sometimes it becomes a bit difficult to find the time to play poker ..... however, like any person, we need recreation spaces after a week of work .... so some people play sports, others read, etc ... we play poker ...!

L

ludolh31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like most of you, I play during my free time. I tend to play more now that I work at home... (the only good thing about Covid lol)

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play when I have free time and the right mood for the game, so that there are no distractions. These are mainly weekends.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for all the great replies. Looks like we all find time for poker. It's good to hear that some can play and relax. GL at the tables

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Time is sometimes a problem when I am deeper in a MTT and spent already hours. The family is waiting with the diner, I have to leave to go for work, etc. A few times I left a tourney even I was in good position. :mad:
Time is the main reaseon why I prefer cash games, I am independent of any playing time...

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
i play 1am my time so my wife and daughters is asleep

hard to play when daughter wants to talk to you and wife keep asking you to do a lot of things haha

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free time is valuable resource but as with everything else in life key is in the balance and good management of resources. I usually play in the evening after i come back from work and have dinner and i pick such games that allow me to finish in maximum 2 hours so that i can have enough sleep for the next day.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pretty much quit looking for time. Life has got a little hectic here and it has fallen to a low priority these days. Now and then few SnG is about it.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have plenty of time during the day so it's not problem for me, largely because i don't have a job and family as well.

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you like poker, you'll find time to play.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
5 to 8 hours in one day is enough to play during the day, I see tournaments like ScOOP that takes 8 hours to finish in one day and continue in the next

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to finish all my obligations earlier, so that I can play. That's why I play poker mostly in the evening. I finish everything during the day and set aside the evening for poker. But sometimes I'm very tired so I can't follow the game properly. But when you love something, you try to find time for it. :)

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play at night after work, like I start around 8-9pm, and I also play mostly on weekends. But if I’m too tired from work, I just don’t play for the day because poker for me is a hobby and it should not be an stressful activity.

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is that making time to play poker when we have work and other occupations is difficult. On many occasions I have had to leave a tournament halfway to have to pick up the children from school or something new came up at my work. I still have the dream that once I retire I can dedicate myself to poker full time

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to have time for people who have a job, I imagine the cash modality is better adapted because in tournaments the time can be extended a lot and I imagine that you end up very tired and lose focus on the game:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I am a freelancer, so if I want to play poker, I always find the time. I live alone and can play at any time.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I ask this question because unlike myself being disabled and plenty of time on my hands, I know many of you all work and have responsabilty through out the week. So with all those things going on, how do you find time for poker? Do you all set times to play. I know some people may play while at work. Like if to have an office job. But what about construction workers, or other work like driving for UPS, or working at a hospital doing maintenance. Then there is the fact you are really tired after going home and knowing you have to be at work the next day too, so you have to wine down and rest. So what else do you do other than play poker when you have time?

Yes, I always try to find time to play poker, and I love to play every day but work and family needs keep me from that. When I don't have enough time, I don't play well especially in the tournament.

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You don't have to "find" time, you just make time available. #1 rule. Let everyone in your family know that at such & such time you will not be available. Then they know and its not a shock when you say your busy when someone comes looking for you to to do something and your sitting in 30th spot and the payouts start at 27 -